Recent content by Aetius

1. Aetius

Can the game be activated on Steam?

Damn. I might just ask Steam support. Thanks Archon.
  2. Aetius

Can the game be activated on Steam?

Probably been asked before but i want to buy from GamersGate since I'm going to buy 2 other games from them in one order. Hopefully someone knows, thanks.
  3. Aetius

Anti-Aliasing won't stay on

I recently built a new computer and decided to beef up every graphical setting to the max to test out my new system. However, no matter which AA setting i choose, the game always reverts to AA: Off. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. Might just have to force it on via the Catalyst Control...
  4. Aetius

Taleworlds is doing it wrong.

King Harkinian said:
    Aetius said:
    In relation to tiring from swinging a sword for hours, knights, if we are to focus on them, trained from the time they were a child. All knights ever did was fight. Their role in feudal society was officially 'those who fight.' They trained in the use of swords, lances, maces, hafted-axes, bows and also practiced wrestling. Considering that all knights ever did was fight and train, we have to assume that the majority of knights became HIGHLY proficient in the use of melee weaponry. As well as developing enormous strength through continual use of arms and from wearing large amounts of armour for the most part when they were practicing, knights would have developed techniques for conserving energy with each swing whilst still maintain enough power to inflict damage. As well as building up muscle strength through continuous use of arms, their muscles would have adapted to the various movements they performed when wielding their weapons. Muscle strength alone does not determine how effectively one can swing a sword - rather it is the combination of muscle strength and adaptation of muscles in performing certain movements which allows for muscular power and endurance, giving one the ability to land fatal blow after blow for an extended period of time. Therefore, since no one here has undergone the rigorous training regime of the knight, no one can safely assume how hard or easy it was exactly for a knight to endure in battle.

There are many historical accounts of the ability of knights in battle; including cleaving men and their horses in two and generally being able to hit with such force they could penetrate armour as if it wasn't even protecting the victim.

...and thus did the knight enter the hallowed realms of hype and fanboyism, along with the ninja, the samurai and the spartan.

What i wrote about knights is completely true. My last sentence, as Night Ninja stated, may be hyperbole. But i am almost sure that there were a few knights in history who had such power as to perform such feats. I vaguely remember reading an account of a knight and a Saracen dueling on horseback in front of a crowd. The knight was said to have cloven the man from his head all the way down into his horse. Another story i recall is that William the Conqueror was so strong that he could jump on the back of his horse in full armour, but again this may be an exaggerated account.
  5. Aetius

Australian Warband & Teamspeak 2 Hosting.

I really hope some players take up on your offer. I would love a server located in Sydney as (i am pretty sure) all internode servers are run from Adelaide.
  6. Aetius

Taleworlds is doing it wrong.

In relation to tiring from swinging a sword for hours, knights, if we are to focus on them, trained from the time they were a child. All knights ever did was fight. Their role in feudal society was officially 'those who fight.' They trained in the use of swords, lances, maces, hafted-axes, bows and also practiced wrestling. Considering that all knights ever did was fight and train, we have to assume that the majority of knights became HIGHLY proficient in the use of melee weaponry. As well as developing enormous strength through continual use of arms and from wearing large amounts of armour for the most part when they were practicing, knights would have developed techniques for conserving energy with each swing whilst still maintain enough power to inflict damage. As well as building up muscle strength through continuous use of arms, their muscles would have adapted to the various movements they performed when wielding their weapons. Muscle strength alone does not determine how effectively one can swing a sword - rather it is the combination of muscle strength and adaptation of muscles in performing certain movements which allows for muscular power and endurance, giving one the ability to land fatal blow after blow for an extended period of time. Therefore, since no one here has undergone the rigorous training regime of the knight, no one can safely assume how hard or easy it was exactly for a knight to endure in battle.

There are many historical accounts of the ability of knights in battle; including cleaving men and their horses in two and generally being able to hit with such force they could penetrate armour as if it wasn't even protecting the victim.
  7. Aetius

No equipment refund when killed by a teammate?

NordArcher said:
    I remember playing TDM once, had elite armor and some idiot archer (friendly) tryed to "help" me by killing the guy i was fighting against, resulting in me getting killed by said dumbass archer. Well, i had 1000 gold afterwards (i remember saying "WTF i just lost 8k from a tk!!!!" in the chat...). And this happened to me in more than one server so it leads me to think it's Native and not server modifications.

This scenario sucks so bad. I hate it when you are TKed and then respawn with 1000K especially when it's not really your fault. TW should probably fix this issue.
  8. Aetius

Scrolling Text

You can turn off text scrolling in options. I forget where exactly but if you look around the options settings you should see it (or someone else might know where the setting is exactly).
  9. Aetius

Warband $10.20 on Steam!

Tell your friends! On a side note, M&B is $7.50.
  10. Aetius

Spamming v. Skilled: The difference.

Rippost said:
    Well for 2h axes you have to remember, half the time players will be using poleaxe mode instead of 2h because that is the default and they don't know how to change it. Try getting a great long axe and pressing x. Its a lot slower. A simple solution to this would be to make 2h mode the default.

I always change 2h axes i use to 2h mode because i prefer it, it just feels right for me. I also feel i get more range and power with 2h mode. I thought the speed was the same as poleaxe mode?
  11. Aetius

Embarrassment

64 player siege server, start of a round and about 30 attackers (including me). Literally 5 seconds after spawning as we all just start to rush for the siege tower, the guy right next to me gets an arrow in the head. He had high tier armour and weapons too which would have been a pain to lose. What's more he literally ran into the arrow and to top it off, he was the only guy to die in the rush to the tower.

For me it was hilarious.  :lol:
  12. Aetius

Kick manouver, abused by Wan-ers

I can understand Gondor's frustration 100%. He is a good player who can easily hold his own in a fight. Like me, he prefers to use a shield most of the time (at least when i see him). He's not some new player complaining about a feature he is unfamiliar with.

I personally don't like the kick feature and it is almost the one thing in WB that really catches me off guard. I think the reason why it's so frustrating is that there is no real way to counter it other than sidestepping, which doesn't always work due to lag. Itwould be a good idea to either remove the ability for the kicker to instantly attack after a kick or implement a feature that can counter kicks (maybe another kick from the opposing player or shield bash, although kicks are a bit fast to counter...) or nerf kicks somehow?

Gondor, try using a shield and war spear. It's a great anti-kicker load out that can be really effective if you can keep your distance (dance) and learn how to stab effectively when your enemy is face hugging (I'll pm you how to do this so ACC1 doesn't totally own me when I'm versing him with a spear  :lol:).
  13. Aetius

Clan??

Brigand said:
    Sure you are.

The answer to whether or not to join a clan is a fairly obvious one. What Vincenzo said; find the clan that suits you.

How about Coffee?
  14. Aetius

Official Mount&Blade Warband Machinima Video Website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zipkid said:
    Aetius said:
    Can we ban this douche!?

Didn't brake any rules did i know little man?

How about useless spamming. Lying. Being a forum nuisance and spelling now as know.
Back
Top Bottom