Recent content by Adryl

1. Adryl

About the new animations for female characters.

I made a actual comparison video:

As you can see running and walking are both changed with and without weapons. The new ones have no energy behind them. These are not animations for warriors. They don't look like this person is going into a fight. They look like a caricature of a lady that picked up a sword to look cool.

I don't know, looks pretty good to me. Male and female body are different. Honestly the difference is very subtle anyway, I would not be able to tell without looking at your side-by-side video.
  2. Adryl

The next patch

Finishing a faction is the most boring thing ever.
    This isn't Total War...

Plus there are no new factions spawning...so once one is done,that's it.
    Yep, once one is done, that should be it. There are tons of factions already. And rebel clans popping up all the time. I would like to see the game cater to the majority of playerbase who won't put in hundreds of hours, rather than a select few who want to play the game endlessly.
  3. Adryl

The next patch

Zoogielord I'm in exactly the same situation, haven't played since early access, just started a new playthrough thinking this was ... well, done, right? The game's released now. Should be done... right? but it isn't. You still can't achieve the most basic goal of the game, eliminating a faction, without massive pain and tedium. I hope it wasn't a deliberate design decision because it comes across as unfinished and nonsensical. I think it'll make an especially bad impression on new players, and console players who can't mod it away.
  4. Adryl

Destruction of Factions

Yeah I don't get this. It doesn't make any sense and is one of those small things that has large consequences for the fun of the game. I was OK with this existing in Early Access but the game is released now - this needs to get fixed. It doesn't work and it isn't fun. If you examine this from the POV of a brand new player, when they encounter this situation in the game, it's going to be "WTf? What is reddit telling me about how to eliminate factions doing what's this, executing and recruiting by paying millions of... oh and how do I contact the lords have to chase them each down by one by one? no way can't be... Guess it's a bug / not done" moment. that should be the cue that it needs to get fixed. It's an incomplete game.
  5. Adryl

The game could really use a "messenger" service in the baseline game

I wish they would do this messenger thing. Just started another playthrough and god this part is so annoying. It's a small thing that ruins the game. I have to mod it or I just can't take it. It's so frustrating because I love the battles so much. But little things like this just make the game tedious.
  6. Adryl

Bannerlord should not have a hard cap on skills

there is, that would be their "incredible math". I've tested past caps on skills and they break the game. Specially combat ones... For that to work they'd have to force a downscaling bonus for provided skills that would also have to take into account the perks with extra oomph...
    If you go 500 steward you'll receive wages from your army - that's broken, and if they block negatives, not paying your army's a bit ludicrous - instead the wages should have a minimum cap. Same goes for many other things... If you level past 300, depending on mod and/or weapon, your toon will start swinging heavy &/or hard to handle weapons faster than they can move their limbs... It's very bizarre... Imagine the effect at 500 or more! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly I think that's fine. So what. It's SP, we're all playing alone. If my guy swings faster than my limbs because I played an extra hundred hours to level my skills more, so what. At that point I've played so much, I understand I've passed the game's recommended skill caps and things are going to start to get squirrely. Players love stuff like that where they are able to 'transcend' the game by skilling up so much.
  7. Adryl

Bannerlord should not have a hard cap on skills

Completely agreed, remove hard cap and just increasingly diminishing returns would be much more engaging.
  8. Adryl

New Order of Battle system is immersion breaking for me

Yeah battle slider blows goats, ruined a big part of the game for me as well.
  9. Adryl

What do you think about the Story Mode? SPOILER

Story mode sucks huge dangling moose b@llsack. Worst thing about the game and it's going to turn off a lot of new players when they don't even realize WTF is going on and suddenly they can't progress because they're warring with all kingdoms. New players are all going to select Story mode and they're all going to get completely ****ed by it. Really ruins the experience, it exacerbates all the things wrong with the game. Wish you could just start sandbox with a few siblings. Duh.
  10. Adryl

Lords not dying on patch 1.7

I wrote a mod that lets you kill lords in battle by hitting them hard enough. Basically if you do their entire health bar in one shot, they die. So if you hit a lord in the face with a lance at full charge, he's dead. Works great and helps a lot with the rubber-banding-lords problem where they just keep coming at you after you defeat their armies over and over.
  11. Adryl

I think the real problem with smithing is...

I think the bigger problem is that smithing is boring and very clicky. Honestly it's an unnecessary part of the game imo. It doesn't add anything. The game's about the combat, it doesn't need a half-baked smithing system. It could be good if altered a lot - just don't think it's worth the dev time.
  12. Adryl

Game is too easy.

Don't think it's a smart move to design a game based on feedback of the 0.0001% of players with 1400+ hours in the game. No offense. I think at that point, you should look to mods for increased difficulty.

99% of players are not going to put more than 100 hours in, so those first 100 hours should be all that is needed for a single satisfying playthrough which is where most people will stop.
  13. Adryl

Army AI is still the game's biggest problem

What you're describing IS absolutely the problem, but it's a game design problem rather than an "Army AI" problem. I think you describe the problem well, but the post title is misleading.

Basically, if you manage to defeat one or two large enemy armies, you should effectively have defeated the kingdom's ability to fight in the field for a long, long time. It should mean you have a clear path to sieging, and for smaller kingdoms you'd probably be able to take all their towns and cities before they had an ability to strike back. It should give you a huge strategic advantage.

I see two ways to do that. There either needs to be a way to deal with / kill enemy lords permanently without taking tons of penalties (as with execute), and/or troops should just not respawn quickly (or lords can't re-recruit from the same place within a month).

At the same time, sieges need to be quicker. Easy way to do this - just make the Engineer perk give larger bonus to siege engine construction and damage. Double it, at least.

If we had a way to deal with enemy lords, and campaign map sieging were quicker, I think the game would be almost playable.

As it is now, it basically is not a game after you make your own kingdom. The game just doesn't work after that without mods.
  14. Adryl

SP - UI Why was Old Troop Assignment System removed?

I frankly cannot believe that they removed the ability to assign Companions and family members to specific formations. Whaaaaat! One of the fundamental gameplay loops is to assign all clan members to a formation, have them follow and attack together as a clan. Hello! WTF. I bet at least 90% of players do this at some point. Removing this capability is so out-of-touch it's hard to even fathom. It's literally one of the few gameplay loops that a player can even do that isn't just massive battle after massive battle. Basic M&B gameplay 101.

Yes, give us back the ability to assign companions/clan members to one specific formation as troops. Obviously. Can't believe this even needs to be stated.
  15. Adryl

Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

It is very low. You can't seriously say that Bannerlord takes as much skill to be really good at as warband. in BL the skill gap between the good players and the really good players is very slight whereas in warband that gap was actually a meaningful one.

But the reasons for the low skillcap are nothing like what the OP posted. Customizing classes and having tons of keybinds? ew, come on, that's not what's wrong with BL. Oh god, please don't include a million skills and 50 keybinds, that would be awful. The most fun part of the M&B franchise is that you don't have to play it like a time-sink MMO where a lot of the skill is based on just knowing what tons and tons of abilities do. I love that you can't customize your skills in WB or BL multiplayer. It's so much easier to jump right into, and much more fun for new people - so they can focus on gameplay, rather than figuring out how to customize their character to be viable. It means that playing is much more based on how well a person physically plays the actual game, rather than on some vast pool of game-knowledge.

The problems with BL skillcap, as far as I can tell (after maybe 50-100 MP skirmishes so far, and based on 1500 hours in WB / WFAS), seems to boil down to a few key things:
    - Combat is wayyyy to slow. People swing really slowly and it's very plodding. It also seems much harder to fight multiple opponents, probably due to the speed.
    - Way too many weapons have crush-through. Fighting a skilled player? Take a 2-hander and just overhead swing repeatedly, something will get through.
    - Throwing weapons are ridiculously overpowered. Ability to one-shot with shoulder hits with many throwing weapons, not even head-shots, is just crappy.
    - That "weird arm-swinging-around thing" makes it hard to tell where attacks are coming from. So even if you're really good at the blocking and maneuvering mechanics, it's just easy to block in the wrong direction. It's something I use by accident to kill much more experienced BL players over and over.
    - The hitboxes seem weird and not intuitive. I've had one of those players with the 750-win trophies successfully block and counter one of my attacks and whack me with an axe, but it somehow it glances? and barely damages me, even though it was a clear solid hit. And my clumsy sword swing takes the guy down (because the glance didn't stun me), even though he "beat me" in the physical combat. It's crap.

Those are the problems, it's nothing to do with skill customization. that's just conflating M&B with completely different game styles. It's just the combat system needs improvement in multiple areas. I'm hoping they'll get there over the next 6 months.
Back
Top Bottom