Recent content by Ackdam

1. Ackdam

Resolved [INFO]A small reminder to those posting bugs:

You should search the forum to see if the bug was already reported first, then add any relevant details if it was. It never hurts to report a bug, or add to an existing thread. Consider that many people may be reporting bugs and yours may be one in a thousand at any given time. Also, there may have been information you had missed when initially reporting the issue. Ultimately it is completely up to the user how they wish to report a bug, so you will need to use your own discretion.
  2. Ackdam

Resolved Casualties inflicted or Casualties sustained?

"Casualties Inflicted Upon Kingdom by Enemy" was too long I guess.
  3. Ackdam

Need More Info Phycaon Backstreet and Waterfront Visual Trackers Inversely Named

Indeed! Development is a long process, cleanup and fine-tuning lies well beyond that hill... :ohdear:
    10% development, 90% testing, bug tracking, patching, and headaches. (y)
  4. Ackdam

SP - General Settlement Management

@Ackdam
    Just finished making the image for the interface and even made a short video of the interface opening. It was a LOT of work as I am not really experienced neither with image editing, much less with video editing, but it was a lot of fun, so I kept going xD
    I would love to hear your opinions on it ^^
    Sorry for the late response. We had some emergencies with the family dog which didn't end well...

Anyhow, I like the animation of the scroll, though it might be a good idea to speed it up a bit. I still don't like the positioning of the button, but that might just be my OCD. It wouldn't turn me away from the idea, just irritate me slightly until I click on it and forget about where it was. All-in-all it's a really well-designed concept.
  5. Ackdam

A better place might be right under the section title ("Manage"). That way it is right in the top-center and easy to spot. It took me a few seconds to see it under the Governor portrait, and I had to search a bit for it on the second picture. It might just be a sizing issue as well, as it is quite spall and doesn't stand out much. Consider how they switch tabs on other screens like the Kingdoms and Clan windows.
  6. Ackdam

Resolved Inventory Locking Not Working

It definitely should prompt, if you have the item locked, before allowing the item to be moved to the sales pending list.
  7. Ackdam

SP - General Bring Back the System Messages Log, please.

Hmmm, another possible solution would be to have an 'Inbox' of sorts. After all, how are we receiving these notifications? If they want to go full-immersive, they could have a messenger system where the messages get put in a location either on the character, clan, or kingdom screens. It would then be up to the player to read the messages in order to get an accounting of what is going on in the world around them. I believe I had mentioned, or read, in another post the idea of then having the ability to intercept messages and interfering with the information your foes are receiving. They could, of course, return the favor in kind.

Going further: Messengers could be upgraded to have:
    • Faster horses - Ensuring quick delivery and faster escapes. More expensive/costs fast horses.
    • Pigeon network - Allowing the messenger to leave from the fief closest to your location. The message may get lost/delayed due to bird-related issues (killed by a predator/stray arrow or delayed by a storm). Side note: Pigeons wouldn't be able to be used to send messages directly to a noble in the field due to the bird not knowing where a moving target might be.
    • Encoded messages - Less chance of an intercepted message being used for sabotage, though this may result in the message not reaching the intended target at all. Might make hostile/potentially hostile nobles warier of you and your actions as they won't know what you're up to. It must be researched and deployed. It must be changed/redeployed if a noble defects to another kingdom. It would have a small chance of being decoded, which would need to be realized then changed/redeployed.
  8. Ackdam

Quiescence might work, but I'm not sure if I would go with that over Repose. Definitely not Popular though. Popular assumes the majority is excited about something unusual, whereas social could mean that it is nice but more expected than unusual. Social also implies that there is a gathering of people, whereas popular could mean something that is done by each individual on their own. ie: a popular dress as opposed to a social banquet. Ultimately it is up to you as you are putting the whole thing together, and that could just be me holding on to my own thoughts, so go with what you like most.
  9. Ackdam

SP - General Party Management Screen: Filter and Sort Options

Another thing that would be nice (maybe this was already mentioned) is just a counter. How many infantry are in my 230 person army vs bowman/horseman etc. then I wouldn't even need to the sorter really.
    You can see that in the context window on the world map when mousing over your party/army.
  10. Ackdam

SP - General Executing lord should give you a reputation for cruelty, not deceit

I just had another thought. Could the gaining of traits from executions be linked to the traits of those you put to death? What I mean is: When a noble who is cruel and deceitful themselves is executed, is it worth the same loss of honor as executing one who is merciful and honest? Should it be?
  11. Ackdam

SP - General Camp Followers

Regardless, thank you for your efforts and the vast time you must've already spent on typing all those thoughts :smile:
    Thank you. Probably literally days at this point. I have moments where I get an idea in my head and can't let it go until I've gotten it down to a point I'm satisfied with. I've brainstormed, researched, and written more than I've played the game this past week, and have had multiple days where I've been up until past four in the morning because I wasn't quite satisfied. Which is always fun since I still have to get up for work (from home) four hours later. It's nice to know that people appreciate one's work. :geek:(y)
  12. Ackdam

I see. I had originally thought checkboxes as well but thought of sliders and such after you grouped them.

Sabbatical in modern terms is considered a period of time off for an instructor to travel abroad and is usually one year every seven. Originally it was considered a lead up to the sabbath. Perhaps "Bountiful Gatherings", "Social Gatherings" or "Shared Bounty" if you want a counter to food rationing. "Day of Rest" or "Social Repose" if you want to stress a resting period. Or even "Day of Reflection", "Religious Observance" (Since I'm constantly hearing my soldiers praising god) to work in the seemingly religious men who have no issues with cutting down their fellow sentient beings.
  13. Ackdam

The first two look alright. I don't know that I'd put the last three as an either/or though. All three of those seem like they could work on their own or in any combination.

Forced conscription is forcing the peasantry to take up arms.
    Martial Law is using the units you already have to more heavily police the fief.
    Curfew is simply making the commoners stop working and stay home at a certain time.

The migration makes some sense. And the opposing relationship of the logistics edicts makes a lot of sense. But the older ones more compliment each other than oppose. Instead, it might be better to limit yourself to two extremes in each case and either have a one-or-the-other system or have a slider toward the extremes.

Stimulate Emigration/Stimulate Immigration - could stay the same with emigration insinuating zero immigration, or it could become Stimulate Growth/Deter Growth
    Holiday Seasons/Food Rationing - would be fine as is, or change Holiday Seasons to generous feasting
    Martial Law could have a pairing of Relaxed Guard
    Curfew to Nightly Gatherings (aka going to the pub... tavern... for a drink after work)
    Forced Conscription to Swords to Plowshares (military turning over to farming)

It's a lot easier to think of extremes than think of three or more opposing forces.
  14. Ackdam

SP - General Executing lord should give you a reputation for cruelty, not deceit

Agreed. I consider things from the outlook of when the game is deemed completed, not the current iteration. (y)
  15. Ackdam

Yes, too little would be an issue as well. 50% sounds better.

Possibly also have Security decrease over time in peacetime and/or when the amount of hostiles in the area is low, showing the guards getting complacent nad thus increasing crime in the fief to tie in your ideas with more thugs and theft. Add in a discipline option to whip the garrison back into shape when you visit the fief. Definitely a loyalty tie in there as well.
Back
Top Bottom