Recent content by Abot

1. Abot

Discussion + Suggestions

Venetor will be given additional territory, and the outpost will likely turn into a functioning castle for the Empire at the very least. This should help the faction get a better foothold against the late-game factions.
  2. Abot

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    Abot said:
    Where exactly are attackers and defenders decided?
    do a reverse search. Who calls this mt? And who calls that caller? And so on. Also check the basic engine scripts and how the globals are validated.

search for "mt_castle_attack_walls_ladder" on the entire modsys.

you can use a good text editor like SublimeText or Notepad++ (with explorer plugin) to make this easier.
    Yes I've been digging around the castle_besiege game menu where mt_castle_attack_ladders appears and also looking around the mission template itself to see how it does what. I'm clearly missing something, I'm just not sure what I'm missing  :???:

Thanks for your help  :smile:
  3. Abot

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I'm trying to add a scripted siege defence event, but I'm struggling to understand exactly how sieges are setup in the game and how the attacking and defending teams are decided. This code, for example, sets up and runs a siege, but I don't know where in mt_castle_attack_walls_ladder the game decides which parties to use as attackers and which to use as defenders.
    Code:
    ("test_defence_battle",0,
        "The forces of the placeholders are attacking the stronghold.",
        "none",
        [],
        [
        ("test_defend",
           [],
           "Lead your soldiers in the defence.",
           [
               (assign, ":battle_scene", "scn_test_capital_walls"),
               (call_script, "script_calculate_renown_value"),
               (call_script, "script_calculate_battle_advantage"),
               (assign, ":battle_advantage", reg0),
               (val_mul, ":battle_advantage", 2),
               (val_div, ":battle_advantage", 3), #scale down the advantage a bit in sieges.
               (set_battle_advantage, ":battle_advantage"),
               (set_party_battle_mode),
               (assign, "$g_siege_battle_state", 1),
               (set_jump_mission,"mt_castle_attack_walls_ladder"),
               (assign, "$cant_talk_to_enemy", 0),
               (assign, "$g_siege_final_menu", "mnu_castle_besiege"),
                (try_begin),
                 (call_script, "script_party_count_members_with_full_health","$g_encountered_party"),
                 (le, reg0, 0), #(TODO : compare with num_routed_enemies)
                 (assign, "$g_next_menu", "mnu_test_stronghold"),
                (else_try),
                 (assign, "$g_next_menu", "mnu_test_defence_battle"),
                (try_end),             
               (assign, "$g_siege_method", 0), #reset siege timer
               (jump_to_scene,":battle_scene"),
               (jump_to_menu, "mnu_battle_debrief"),
               (change_screen_mission),
           ]),
        ]
      ),
    I assumed that it had something to do with p_collective_ally and p_collective_enemy at first, but that appears to only be used for battle simulation. Where exactly are attackers and defenders decided?
  4. Abot

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

2rVfPhv.png
  5. Abot

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Cerber said:
    Also where to Mercenary Nihonians spawn? Have a quest related and can't seem to find any.
    If you're referring to Ataman Omelian Kasaps, he and his Nihonians should spawn around Vinica.
  6. Abot

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Third Legion scariness index has been increased by 45% in 0.9
    gvYifFA.png
  7. Abot

Discussion + Suggestions

No Games.NoLife said:
    Could there be an option to let Visavo Austad join the players party as a companion after the completion of 'the third legion', and also the option to let Visavo Austad become a vassal ,as for his army it can be made of purely third legion troops and possibly a unique troop based on the third legion that only Visavo Austad has.
    After defeating Octiem and his legion, Visavo Austad becomes the de facto leader of the new Third Legion. It wouldn't make sense lore-wise to have Austad abandon his leadership position to join your party or become your vassal.

That being said, expect some new Third Legion content in upcoming updates :smile:

yosuke30 said:
    3 suggestions regarding the Third Legion Outpost:

- adjust the spawn point for the Outpost. It's ok for the first time entering it to spawn so far away, but when you enter it again, please put the spawn point closer to the outpost itself
    - let people exit the outpost with tab after finishing the event for the outpost
    - adjust the spawn point for defending troops during the event where you attack the outpost. It seems all of the defenders spawn in the exact same point, causing them stack at that point and causing them to "explode" and fly a few meters in all directions
    Will look into these, thanks for the input.
  8. Abot

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

A long overdue scene for everyone's favorite mercenary guild :wink:
    yHFWGfi.png
  9. Abot

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Feloirus said:
    The siege scenes for both the giants capitals and the kuu-lan horde are horribly glitched and IMO unplayable. My troops get stuck EVERYWHERE on nothing. The scene itself looks nice and I enjoy the multiple breaches but watching your troops get stuck on nothing is unbelievably infuriating, please release a hotfix for it.
    I'm working on some of these for 0.9. If there are any spots you find particularly bad, post a screenshot so I can be sure not to miss it- I've run a few test sieges in the Kuu-lan capital and haven't found any stuck spots, for example.
    Juggern said:
    Hello,

Looks like following castle siege is bugged:
    - Dailing Catle (troops stuck at the bottom of the siege tower)
    I haven't been able to replicate this. Has anyone else had this issue?
  10. Abot

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

harut2k said:
    How much progress have you seen so far? 50%? (recently found this mod and I don't want to start a new campaign and have a new update dropped on me, forcing me to quit it, so a rough ETA would be appreciated.)
    Definitely start a new campaign. We're still in the testing/implementing new features phase and deciding what we want this new release to be, so don't worry about missing out on anything.
  11. Abot

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

New troops for hire
    uL8bfeg.png
  12. Abot

Perisno Factions, Lore, and Info

These have been up on the wiki for some time now, but since I posted the first couple on here a while ago I figured I would post the rest of the faction coat of arms in this thread.

Coat of arms of the Realm of the Falcon:

This design is pretty self explanatory, with the focus on the heraldic falcon in the center. The simpilcity of the rest of the coat of arms is meant to draw all attention and focus to the bird over anything else.

Coat of arms of Geldar:

The Geldarin coat of arms is exactly the same design as that of Elintor, using the royal Geldarin teal color instead of Elintor's green. This comes from the Geldarin belief that they are the true legitimate elven power in Perisno rather than the traitorous Elintorans.

Coat of arms of Cretas Monarchy:

The Cretasan coat of arms consists of King Aolas' ceremonial crown, a symbol of the ubiquitous influence of the monarchy. The ornate key is representative of the majesty and impregnability of Aolas Castle.

Coat of arms of the Kuu-lan Horde:

The violent focus of the Kuu-lan coat of arms reflect Kuu-lan's sons' pledge to avenge his death.

'Coat of arms' of the Aroulo Ojibwakan:

The Aroulian tribal eagle's significance comes from its status as an apex predator on the islands west of Perisno. In Aroulian culture, eagles are greatly revered and respected.
  13. Abot

Project S

Sounds ambitious! Can't wait to see what kind of nifty scenes and lore you cook up along your journey. Can't imagine where this Tyrion guy gets his special hatred for dwarves...hmm

14. Abot

Perisno Factions, Lore, and Info

RidingTime said:
    Is there any deeper lore behind the Cretas Monarchy? I'm planning on usurping them when I start my own kingdom and just using their units as my own. Seems to me they're just a castle and a village with a paragraph of irrelevant lore covering them.
    http://perisno.wikia.com/wiki/Cretas_Monarchy#Lore
  15. Abot

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Draenor said:
    The quest, in which you must get some rapier, is bugged/or canceld.
    In the first stage of the quest, i was told to ask the different trainers on the training grounds for the weapon.
    The first one offered the informaton if i could beat three champion fighters in a row.
    I declined, as my character still ahd a very low level.
    Now, the quest remains active in the notes, but non of the trainers still  has the option to let me fight against three of his champions (tested the same trainer).
    I dont know if i canceld the quest when i declined th first time, but if i did, then the quest notes should disappear.
    If you decline the trainer when he first offers you the fight, the next time you talk to him you should be presented with this option:
    NVjDJxk.jpg
    It doesn't matter what level your character is or how long you wait or even which trainer you talk to.
Back
Top Bottom