Recent content by _Forgive_

1. Question on cur_item_add_mesh, AGI & STR Attribute

You can make equipment with combined models with cur_item_add_mesh.Your idea is right and I believe that's what the operation was designed for.
    Add your sub mesh just like applying mesh to item:armor meshs for armors, weapon mesher for weapons.So you need to take no care about the position the sub mesh fixed.
    Just try it and you may know the rule.
    Here's one of my item triggers:

["vik_round_shield_d", "Nordic Elite Shield", [("ba_newvikshield_i4",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield|itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_round_shield, 
    510 , weight(7)|hit_points(500)|body_armor(20)|spd_rtng(80)|shield_width(50),imodbits_shield,
    [(ti_on_init_item,
        [#(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),
        (store_trigger_param_2, ":troop_no"),
        (try_begin),
            (this_or_next|le, ":troop_no", -1),
            (troop_is_hero, ":troop_no"),
            (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield4"),
            (cur_item_add_mesh, s10),
        (else_try),
            (store_random_in_range,":num_model",0,7),
            (try_begin),
                (eq,":num_model",0),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield1"),
            (else_try),
                (eq,":num_model",1),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield2"),
            (else_try),
                (eq,":num_model",2),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield3"),
            (else_try),
                (eq,":num_model",3),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield4"),
            (else_try),
                (eq,":num_model",4),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield5"),
            (else_try),
                (eq,":num_model",5),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield6"),
            (else_try),
                (str_store_string, s10, "@ba_newvikshield7"),
            (try_end),
            (cur_item_add_mesh, s10),
        (try_end),
        ])
    ]
    ],

Store the name of your sub mesh into a quick string to use it in this operation.
  2. Problem about applying face code

I made a new hair model for Nords,yet I've found it seems to be impossible to applyit to Nords troops without problems. I wrote it into skins.py.It got an ID,following the original last hair of man in Warband.Then I noticed that the Nordic face codes had hairs varied from 01 to 08,exclude the...
  3. Help with AI infantry crouch

Zarthas said:
    I played with this a little recently.  I can't get melee infantry to do this reliably, but they will seem to do it when given the order to hold a position.  If I recall, animation is set to have a lower priority than any other action by default, try playing with the animation priority in module_animations.

I think the conflict you're getting is the Agent using the regular walking animation when moving, then snapping back to the crouching animation when still, is that what you're seeing?

By default, I don't think there's a crouch walking animation actually associated with crouch_mode by the engine?  I could be wrong.

Crouch walking was not part of my plan.I just wanted to make holding spearmen crouch so that crossbowmen behind them can shoot beyond the spearwall while under its protection.
    I used agent_set_animation,a hotkey and a global variable to make a "Brace" battlefield order.Somehow,they could "crouch",at last.
    Yet it was not useful,for my crossbowmen still couldn't fire behind those crouched spearmen,even though they were crouching.
    I thought the AI crossbowmen still considered the spearmen as blocks.After all,they "crouched" just because I "forced" them.
    Anyway,thank you guys :grin:
  4. Help with AI infantry crouch

I've been trying to make my melee infantry crouch.Set can_crouch in module.ini to 1,wrote a trigger with "agent_set_crouch_mode".However,my infantry kept crouch and rise and crouch and rise.How to keep them crouching?
  5. OSP Code Combat [WSE] Flail

Bad Idea said:
    Really interested in this. Thanks for sharing!

_Forgive_ said:
    I have no WSE,but I also managed to make a flail 11 months ago.I made the chain and star into scene props with vertex animation,while handle is an item.Then attach the chain to handle's end with the operations added in WB 1.161.With some code's help the chain and star can animate accrode to the user's animation,like swinging,waving,or stady.
    Can you explain which operation to use for that? I was wondering how that works

The new operation,"agent_get_bone_position",I use it to get the position of agent's weapon bone,which is also the position of the weapon itself.Move the position forward for about 40 units(the length of the handle,where the chain should be attached to),and set the chain&star prop into this position.The chain&star prop has some vertex animations,I can play these animations depends on the attacking,walking or standing of agent.By the way,without the new OPs "prop_instance_deform_in_range","prop_instance_deform_in_cycle_loop","prop_instance_get_current_deform_progress" and "prop_instance_get_current_deform_frame",I can never make the prop animate as my wish.
    So basicly,the real weapon is the handle,while the chain and star are just scene prop attached to the right position.
    This script is set in a (0,0,0)trigger.

My work is not perfect,because the OP "agent_get_bone_position" can hardly get the exact position of bones,especially when the bone is moving fast.As a result,when my agent is riding like wind,the chain&star prop drops behind.Such effect is not obviously,but still makes me feel pity..

If you please leave your e-mail address to me,I'll send you a demo video and my PY code.I don't mind share it,since I believe your work is far more better than mine :grin:
  6. OSP Code Combat [WSE] Flail

I have no WSE,but I also managed to make a flail 11 months ago.I made the chain and star into scene props with vertex animation,while handle is an item.Then attach the chain to handle's end with the operations added in WB 1.161.With some code's help the chain and star can animate accrode to the user's animation,like swinging,waving,or stady.
  7. How do I make my module multiplayer only?

GUYs above,there is NOT any "has singleplayer" option in module.ini,okay?

To hide singleplayer mode,just open game_variables.txt,find these text:#main menu (initial)
    Blow that there are position setting of the buttons in main menu:
    initial_start_new_game_button_position_x = 0.05
    initial_start_new_game_button_position_y = 0.44
    initial_start_new_game_button_size_x = 0.185
    initial_start_new_game_button_size_y = 0.031
    initial_start_new_game_button_text_size_x = 0.022
    initial_start_new_game_button_text_size_y = 0.030
    initial_start_new_game_button_text_flags = 0x10
    initial_start_new_game_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
    initial_start_new_game_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFFFFDD00

initial_resume_game_button_position_x = 0.05
    initial_resume_game_button_position_y = 0.40
    initial_resume_game_button_size_x = 0.185
    initial_resume_game_button_size_y = 0.031
    initial_resume_game_button_text_size_x = 0.022
    initial_resume_game_button_text_size_y = 0.030
    initial_resume_game_button_text_flags = 0x10
    initial_resume_game_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
    initial_resume_game_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFFFFDD00

Set a position out of screen for "start new game" and "resume game" buttons,and they would be hidden.

8. Is the chinese version of chapter 2 done?

No,the Developers are still working on it.Don't worry,they'll never give up.You fans will get a perfect LnDChap2.
    If you feel inpatient,you may go play LnD Halloween Version while waiting for Chap2.
  9. Request dedicated server files for V1.167

Taking the advantange of 1.167 module system,we have created a multiplayer mod with many terrific feature which could never exist in old version Warband mods.However the latest dedicated server files released are for V1.158.The dedicated server files haven't been updated for a long time,and now...
  10. Evil skills

With the feature of setting party commander(in the pre-bettle menu),you can put your soul in one of your companions,include those dark generals..This is the only way to release their evil skills by yourself.
  11. Photo~Friendship between Polish and Chinese~

I took a photo of the Polish LND player Jon Snow and myself at the enterance of Desert Oasis.You wonder why his name was New_Player1?Cause there was already a player called Jon Snow in the server,and our Polish mate didn't want to be a pretender...So many Lord Commanders of the Night Watch~Lord...
  12. How to make BOT parry for 4 directions?

Aye..I'll check that.But I mentioned that the BOTs in Chinese official duel server can also block downward only.This server is undoubtable not auto block server...Whatever,thx for that,master.
  13. How to make BOT parry for 4 directions?

I host a server with the Mount&Blade Warband Dedicated pack,but i mentioned that the BOTs in my server can only parry downward(while they have no shield wielded).However,when I host a game without Mount&Blade Warband Dedicated,the BOTs parried quite well.It's important for me to make them parry...
  14. Brytenwalda Module system and resources.

Idibil said:
    You are free to make submod

Other fans did submods too:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154472.0.html

Thanks,Master:smile:
    One more question.Is the Mod System shared in this topic for version 1.41?
  15. Brytenwalda Module system and resources.

Hey masters of Brytenwalda.I'm a M&B player and moder from eastern country  :smile:
    Brytenwalda is my favourite MOD,as it's various realistic systems are very interesting.
    The models of Brytenwalda are realistic and nice,but realistic means not garish.Sadly my M&B friends prefer garish plate armors to the poor mails and shirts of Dark Age.So Brytenwalda is not a very popular mod in my country.
    We Bretenwalda fans are disappointed for the truth that there will be no more advanced version of this super mod.However,as a low level moder,I think that maybe I can make a sub-mod,based on Brytenwalda,for the fans from my country.

Now I ask for the right of making sub-mod of your mod.I'll mark your names before I sign mine in the credit of my sub-mod.As a moder,I know that moder's work should be respected and I'll respect your work.Hope I can make Brytenwalda a little more popular in my country.
    At last,thank you for presenting BRYTENWALDA for us!
Back
Top Bottom