Recent content by _666_

1. _666_

Uplifting a ban

Glad I check the rancid PW forum every now and then, this one was absolutely hilarious.  :iamamoron:
  2. _666_

Official 3D art thread - Warband

@wrwlf
    Theres this super-highres heightmap of europe released by NASA. You can just use that in combination with the displace modifer to get an accurate base mesh. Needs some smoothing and further processing, but its a really good start for this sort of project.
  3. _666_

@Cozur
    Depends whats causing it, if its just flipped normals, simply invert those of the polys facing the wrong way.

If theres no polys there to begin with, try this method:
    3dexamplecozur.png
    You select the outer polys marked with red (bottom edge excluded), duplicate them, scale them down a little bit and invert their normals. After that you just attach it to the rest of the mesh by merging the bottom edges to the ones marked with green. This way you dont need to UV unwrap anything, the rigging should work okay, and the whole procedure takes about 2-3 minutes at most, whilst still giving you a fairly good looking result. Especially when also applying AO via openBRF afterwards to get rid of the illogical brightness of the inside. Its not exactly the highest quality way to do it, but definitely one of the fastest ways to get it done.
  4. _666_

Blender is clearly the superior choice if youre serious about it. It offers a myriad of features to explore and incorporate into your workflow as you slowly build up an understanding of 3D modelling. Its a lot more difficult to get into at first, compared to similar software like Wings3D, Cinema4D, etc., but its well worth it.
  5. _666_

(MAP) Power of Desing Map Team (New Across the River)

The ground texturing needs a lot of smoothing, right now its rather poorly done. Its a work in progress? You should probably try mixing up those areas where a single ground texture is applied over multiple connected ground polygons by painting over them with a different texture on low opacity. It helps to make the tiling less obvious and optically displeasing.
  6. _666_

(MAP)Isle of Sumpter

bpopa27 said:
    you must have not been on the forums for a long time then xD
    Every newbie map gets famous after a while, caus its dead simple design and ppl get brain-hurt for figuring out faster paths to the other side of the map.
    Show me a complex and decently-good looking map now-days

How about this one?

Now go finish it please.  :party:
    Its easily one of the best looking maps I have seen in this mod so far, maybe even in all of warband. Looks like its gonna lag like hell, but I would go as far as downloading PW mod again just to play it.
  7. _666_

alphas-projects : An unused PW map

Wow this looks beyond awful, almost as if it was made by a french person.  :iamamoron:
    (Seriously tho, you ****ed up the snow texture part a bit.)
  8. _666_

A ruleset actually created by the community

Splintert said:
    [...]
    FYI I wrote the original draft by looking at your ruleset and condensing it into a few sentences. Almost everything in your ruleset is covered in some way by the base draft.

Constructive input: Maybe actually try what you always suggest, create something new/make a "good" server/etc.?
  9. _666_

A ruleset actually created by the community

How to fix PW mod (ze German way):
    - Put like 90% of the current, rather toxic playerbase in a "camp".
    - Replace them with a more mature, better playerbase.

Also, Splintert, I love how you always rant that all servers nowadays just use the same old copy-pasta ruleset, and yet here you are suggesting the exact same, even admitting that you basicly just copied it..  :party:
    (Gawd I love the PW forum  :iamamoron:)
  10. _666_

Blobmania said:
    SupaNinjaMan said:
    We all had to start somewhere. I remember doing HighElf's tutorials . Gateway drug to Wings3D those were.

^^ This

Though to be honest, I'd steer clear of Wings if you're serious about getting good at modelling. It's decent for non-organic models, but the toolset is still much more limited than 3dsMax or Maya, meaning you'll end up outgrowing the software relatively quickly. I found it very difficult to progress on to professional modelling software after that point as I was already very comfortable using Wings - more advanced software has a much steeper learning curve, but if you stick with it you'll progress faster in the long run.

#Wings3DHatersUnite! :grin:

And matteo, just post whatever youve got if you feel like it. Worst case scenario, you get some critique on it, which can help you improve aspects you might not have considered yet.

Regarding the sculpting topic, anyone tried sculptris yet? Is it any good? Sadly I cant really sculpt with my current PC though, as it cant handle high poly.  :sad:
  11. _666_

Slytacular said:
    I would like to receive some harsh insulting criticism from my favorite artists whom lurk in the Taleworlds forum. The purpose of this model is for a Total War mod. The helmet is based off this Norwegian Kettle Helmet:

http://www.vikverir.no/ressurser/hist_mus_oslo_no_medieval/?dir=&page=2

Here is the product!

https://p3d.in/FvFj1

Looks like a bucket or a cauldron if you turn it around  :grin:
    derpderpderpderpderp.png

Also, I believe it would work better if you change the mesh a bit, as shown below. It should prevent shading issues, like they can be seen on the left side.
    derpderpderpderp.png

The spike on top could use some work too, looks weird currently. And those ?rivets? look odd, way too dark.
  12. _666_

How to make a volcano

Well, according to that logic..

"How to build a house, the ultimate guide!"

house_tutorial_1.png
    house_tutorial_2.png

Please sticky, people need to know this.  :iamamoron:
  13. _666_

SynthLyn-X said:
    Feragorn said:
    Is this for some sort of interior design project, or just a hobby on your own time? It looks really well done. Professional, even.

This is really interior design project. I'm working freelance my own time  :smile:

Here's place

95yDGZ.jpg

qlLJEZ.jpg

My7akM.jpg

Adorno said:

It's real :grin:

Plot twist, those are actually just really really good renders too..  :razz:
    Nice work dude.
  14. _666_

How to make a volcano

At least add some fire to it..  :roll:
    2/10
  15. _666_

Mapping Video Tutorials

lol these are awful  :party:

Not hating here, but seriously, there is just so much wrong with those. If youre new to mapping please dont watch these videos, it might leave you scarred for life.

First off, dont put interiors under the ground unless its really really necessary, it screws up a lot of stuff ingame, like showing names, ranged, etc. You got open world props with interior now thanks to bowman, why not use them properly?

Also, rule of thumb, when scaling props, dont scale one axis twice as big as the others or beyond that, it screws up the texture by stretching it too far. Same applies to uniform scaling, I would not go above 3 times its original size, because a medium res texture applied to a huge object is going to look really bad and low res ingame.

Another issue, prop spamming, while it might look cool building houses/interiors from scratch ingame, it does require an awful lot of props, each of which increases the fps lag of the map, sooo, try to be a bit more efficient/economic with your prop usage.

etc, etc, not using hotkeys, etc, etc...

/rant
Back
Top Bottom