Recent content by 8uzzard

1. 8uzzard

In Progress Low FPS at party menu & encyclopedia due to high disk usage

Summary:
    Opening Party screen (mainly), encyclopedia, trading menu causes the game to go 0-1 FPS for 30-60 seconds depending the textures that need to be loaded. Also now I have higher temperatures when playing.

An example:
    I noticed that now the game loads the textures at full resolution of every unit in your party whenever you enter the party screen. Before the no patch notes hotfix, when opening the party screen and clicked on a unit it followed this pattern most of the times: invisible > semi-naked > low res > fully loaded, sometimes faster and not all 4 phases. Now they are fully loaded when I click them even the first time and this may be the cause of the 0 fps issues because it has to load a ton of textures and models at the same time when I open the menu.

It definetily doesn't make it unplayable but consumes a lot of time having to wait 1 minute after a battle when collecting troops and prisoners, the trading menu and when searching some1 on encyclopedia.

Before: load textures as you click on the unit = faster loading of the party screen
    Now: load textures as soon as you open party screen = high disk usage and 1 minute of 0-1 fps that also increases temperatures.

Note: the mod I used was removed long ago and trying on other saves without mods still has the issue.

How to Reproduce: Open any menu that loads textures using a pc with a HDD not an SSD
    Have you used cheats and if so which: Nopers
    Scene Name (if related): Party screen, trading screen, aftermatch party screen
    Media:
    0:01 - Party screen test
    0:56 - Textures of units load inmedialy
    1:18 - This is very similar how it used to be: (almost) no lag after the 1st time you open the party screen
    1:35 - Inventory screen same issue
    2:19 - Encyclopedia makes it lag even after closing it
    2:59 -Party screen test again: lag comes back

QLwsf2i.png

A graph of the task manager during a small test. It goes up to 1 minute.

Thank you

Hey man, did you fixed this on 1.5.9? Same issue here.
  2. 8uzzard

In Progress Low FPS at party menu & encyclopedia due to high disk usage

We are aware of these issues and currently working towards fixing the lag on the menu openings. Thanks for reporting.
    Can you suggest something for this issue. I have the same issue in 1.5.9 main. :smile:
  3. 8uzzard

Should I really pay money when offering peace when I am winning?!

What humans who fear death think: Enemy just took our town, fighting already done for this "phase", this is a good time to ask peace since they just won something.
    What game players think (AI in this case): Enemy just exhausted themselves taking a point, counterattack asap while they tired. Any peace request is they acknowledging their fatigue.

If there were UI elements to be added other then fiefs and city counts, it would be things like timers (AI doesn't want to stop wars too early but eventually seems to want to) so we can see what is causing the roadblock
    Exactly and agree
  4. 8uzzard

Don't really know what you mean by that, sorry.
    I mean that in most cases what you read as history is someone's point of view and not the 100% truth. Specially this author who was 1800km far away from the battle :smile:
  5. 8uzzard

Pretty obviously to be found in the history books, since the account of this battle is from a history written by one Ibn al-Athir.

Unfortunately, in the history books, it is made very clear that we don't really know who won the battle or the numbers involved- and there's even uncertainty as to if the battle happened at all. A nice story at least.
    I don't think so. There is only 3 types of truth, my truth, his truth and the truth for example. You'll probably say that the book of Jagfar tarihi is also 100% true? :wink:
  6. 8uzzard

Agree with mexxico that's reasonable but not realistic. It's the same with me(khuzaits) and the sturgians when I leave them with 3 or 4 cities. But lets look closely in history when Attila snowballed and he went at the gates of Rome, who payed the tribute, Attila or gold/silver from romans for Attila to stop this humiliation? The same goes for Genghis khan's snowball. But this is only a game and no need for too much realism of course. So I understand, that this is a part from economical balancing system for the game to prevent further snowball or something like that. So I agree, it's reasonable for the game. Of the topic, for those who are interested in history, do you know of the so called "sheep battle" on Volga river in 1223? This year Genghis khan's troops completely destroyed the united troops of the Moscow principalities, but met an insurmountable enemy - the Bulgarians from Volga river. The battle is in unequal forces, with only 30,000 Bulgarians facing 150,000 Mongols. However, the high fighting qualities and the strong devotion of the Bulgarian fighters screaming "FREEDOM OR DEATH" who started to retreat in the beginning of the battle chased by the Mongol army, a retreat lie leading into a big trap tilts the scales of victory in their favor. Only 4,000 soldiers of the Mongol army survive, whom the Volga Bulgarian ruler Gabdula Chelbir exchanges for 4,000 rams and the famous Mongol general Subutai for 10 rams, because only sheep can be defeated with such a numerical advantage - humiliation. This is the only defeat of Genghis Khan in his entire life and no you will not find this in history books.
  7. 8uzzard

Holsters for the horse archery bows please

hi, there is no need to apologize, English is not my mothertongue too, and sometimes i realy ashamed by what i wrote week ago :mrgreen:. the word itself came from turkic languages. In Russian it was called saadak or saidak. This word was used both for bow holster (also "naluch", literally "on the bow") and the bundle holster+quiver.

see also gorytos

cheers
    Thank you and yes, I know the word, in my mother language its Садак or Sadак and yes the origins are turkic agree. Btw gorytos sounds more cool to me :smile: If you're from Turkey then I'm actually your neighbour from Bulgaria. Right now in Bulgaria this game is going on fire and its soo cool more and more are starting to play. Greetings and respect from Bulgaria :smile: and if you're not from Turkey then again greetings and respect dear brother earthling IYI
  8. 8uzzard

Khuzait still snowballs

What would make the most sense to me is that when a faction is in ITS territory it moves faster. Aserai would catch Khuzait in sand, Sturgia would catch them in snow and Battania would be faster than them in Forests, etc.
    Ye I like this. One does not just walk into the "sands of faith" or in the steppes or in the snow. Terrain speed advantage is balanced :> Again 1.5.7 I take my words back and I do apologize for my ragey comments about 1.5.6 for the stupid endless comebacks. They actually listen everyone in this forum. And that's why the community will love them more in future. Peace be upon you \/
  9. 8uzzard

Do you lose your workshop in an enemy town?

Really? That seems strange.
    In warband your enterprises would be sequestered.
    Perhaps I didn't express proper because of my poor English for which I apologize. What you said is exactly what I mean :smile:
  10. 8uzzard

Khuzait still snowballs

I gotta Say that in my latest campain it feels way more balanced. I have to help armies catch up Khuzait armies still to prevent snowballing but now i dont feel forced to deploy all my energy on Khuzait. Ive even noticed a 500 vs 500 battle where empire won vs Khuzait on the Battlefield (not auto calc, i was helping them with 30 troops only). It is slowly getting There and it makes the game significantly better.
    Day 300 now your "vs Khuzait" is balanced for me. This is my favorite faction as I am real life horse archer. Day 300 I am with Aserai and khuzaits have conquered 2 empire cities 2 castle and sturgian Tyal and one sturgian castle and this is day 300. Also they have lost Odokh and Akalat recently. This is balance 1.5.7. I thought that they will nerf them more in 1.5.7 but I take my words back. This is balance now. And u r right when they fight almost equally on numbers in most cases they loose because of the terrain and speed. They are a bit slower now and empire specially sturgians are catching them in big armies. Sturgians are a bit harder for the khuzaits now.
  11. 8uzzard

Do you lose your workshop in an enemy town?

I have a workshop in a Vlandian city. I want to join the Battanian kingdom, however they are currently at war with Vlandia. Will I lose my workshop if I join?
    Nope even if war with a faction and your shop is in one of their cities u still have it fully working. Dunno for 1.5.7 but 1.5.6 was. But I'm for future realistic changes that you should not operate workshop if there is a war.
  12. 8uzzard

AI redeployment rate is way too high

Because it feels gamey to conquer lords only to have them show right back up again on the world stage like nothing happened. Sadly for AI -the game is not made for them so they have to do a bit more play acting than its human counterpart. The same way you can press the Restart button after you die in a game and they cant....cest la vie
    Ye good point haha
  13. 8uzzard

Definitely that would be a nice touch; however, I have to say that there are other aspects right now that need much more attention than what we are talking about here. ? ?
    Also agree. Well I'll w8. Sometimes I just want to make a obs but I dont know that obs is already noted here from others since I'm new to the forum :smile: Apologize for not being word-perfect in English
  14. 8uzzard

Having exclusive slots for the horse is unlikely (RDR style). IMO, one way to address the problem would be to create a certain number of 3d models as holsters for recurve/compound bows and have them operate in a similar way to how a scabbard is combined with a sword. In Wasf we see the archers carrying their sheathed bows.

elodie-perquis-screenshot017.jpg
    03.jpg

That way, for aesthetic effect, we could avoid having to implement code to enable a horse inventory menu (of debatable usefulness in M&B) and to create unsheathing animations.

In other threads, I have commented about the option of having all the extra quivers and javelin bags that the player/bot carries on horseback, through a line of code to change their position from the player axis to the horse axis. With this we could have the quivers positioned vertically at the height of the back of the saddle and also the javelin bags positioned vertically in a roman style f.e. A little trick very similar to what I did in this little tweak where I "hide" the polearms and give a new position to the 2h swords taking them from the back (native) to the waist.

5f087a6955a3c1661ed21286e45d9014.jpg
    209d8466a2c6809b9c735b309be55418.jpg

These two possibilities together would be interesting in my eyes.
    I will agree with everything, just want to see beautiful colorful even with ornaments holsters :smile: any possible way, any
Back
Top Bottom