Recent content by 3ap3ap

1. My Thoughts After 780 Hours of Playtime

Every time some body runs their mouth about their great hardcore balanced battles, I look at them play and they just ram troops into each other with no tactics, no skill, lose a bunch of them for nothing and declare "boy what a challenging battle". It's just garbage. They made worse decisions in building their forces, they make worse decisions in engagement and in tactics and have a worse result. They don't use even 1/10 the thought or effort I do.
    When did you watch me play or know how i run my games ?
    Or is it your need to always insult others by assuming as to prove a point ?

On the other hand i`ve seen your YT and gameplay. Boy let me break it to you on a very polite tearms ok: You aint the new Genghis Khan.

1) I did the HA stuff way back and i never got back to it cuz it just felt boring for me and why would i repeat the same thing.
    Like you said some people dont use that much effort and imo rollin HA and depending on them for every new game yeah it doesnt sound like you put more effort than most people.

2) The game is very beatable with several army comps.
    The guy asked for advice on how to run inf in his army and your go to answer is "Nope dont do it , just use HA man its obvious" .
    If someone wants to play as foot warrior and have inf as his base comp in the army give them advice on how to optimize their use not straight up telling them its not viable and they play the game wrong. Its a singleplayer Sandbox dude.
    I dont need to use the most min/max save scumming or retreat abusing technics in the game to beatdown TW AI to then proceed on pounding my chest cuz im super proud of the Strategoi i`ve become. Nah man some of us dont feel the need to conquer the map in a day to prove we are better than the AI. These thing are there for players who may strugle with some parts of the game and they want to ease up.
    If you think its ok to use every trick in the book fine go ahead but that doesnt make it the only way or the right way to play the game.

3) Just in case you call me any names for not using your way and me just being "a dumb person" that would aply to the others who make guides and post their campaigns via YT/Twitch cuz clearly most dont use it either and it removes big part of the gameplay.
    I took the time to respond to your post and not the others above.
    Its because theirs had info and facts and i also stated inf oriented armies isnt optimal and what they typed is valid and doesnt include any bad vibes like yours did.
  2. My Thoughts After 780 Hours of Playtime

Infantry is completely worthless dead weight in the current single player game. You can make use of them with effort, but if you're ever choosing an upgrade path just making a ranged unit, even a bad one, is more useful. They just take too long to re-position and are to vulnerable to damage both when moving and when attacking. They trade down to often. Until they alter damage/armor there's no reason to make them.
    Coming form a known HA spammer who runs Khuzait cheese strategy every game i cant take your words seriously. Some of us want to put effort in the game/battles . True they are probably the least optimal unit in the army in tearms of how easy you want battles to be but if the AI had some brain on how to use its soldiers a well balanced army of inf archers cav would crush any fian champion/HA spam army.
  3. Thanks for performance related patch 1.7.2

Glad someone is having fun with the new patch 1.7.2

Since it clearly messed up my game and by looking at the most trending players that submit videos theirs also.
    Idk why but ever since 1.7.2 came the game started having visual and loading problems that i never had before.
    Inventory takes too long to load images for all items be that grain or what ever.
    Same problem as other with missing faces and what not.
    Overall i wouldnt call this patch a performance upgrade when clearly its screwed some files on my end.

My PC is of medium standard that still covers above what is needed to run the game since i can push everything at its maximum so the problem to my knowledge seems some files not behaiving properly.

If someone has such problems and finds a fix around please let me know.
  4. Issues that remain unadressed by the devs

I'm sorry but Modding does not equal developing. Different game but here's a good thread discussing it -

Also... paragraphs....
    Thanks for the reminder oh paragraphs ,its a running problem of mine i havent yet worked around.

The thread you pointed me to is not only for a different game but has very different issue and little to no connection on what i said.

The common topic of the thread you suggested is about the constrictions around mods and people wanting to have several running but the game not being able to support them running in compatability something of the sort.

No one is saying the people who put in the work or hours at TW are lazy cuz i will never insult a working man.
    Its the company prioriy on what is being developed and how things progress the problem and how mods keep up the slack to have the game afloat.

I dont need to list all the major upsets the base game has and needs to adress more than the above mentioned twiks.

Let me ask you a quiestion and be honest - What would you prefered to be in the 1.7.2 update ?

1. Small fixes on troops and Siege AI (i`ll not include the big bug fix list and im thankfull they got it sorted there so i`ll give credit for that)

2. Working Diplomacy setup

Sure they get like 100 things done in update and it means they look at 100 different stuff and dont focus on a specific part of a game but how am i to believe that something like the forementioned Diplomacy or War/Peace rework isnt worth more to a player than the other 100 small things.
    Can we agree that an update once in a while that involves something major will have more impact on how the gameplay runs since clearly its in the game possibility to support it.
    I played 1.7.2 since it came up almost every day and it feels like nothing rly changed so far and my gameplay is still the same old rince and repeat way of doing things and knowing full well what the AI will do and unless i somehow roleplay or hype myself it becomes boring really fast.
  5. Issues that remain unadressed by the devs

There have been multiple immersion and diplomacy related additions in the last few updates. I'm sure they're aware players want more, but they have to balance between that and polishing the current content. There's a long list of things they've acknowledged players want that includes all kinds of things but it takes time to get around to it and they have to prioritize.

As for mods, well, mods are made by people not having to worry about balancing everything else in the game, and being optional they don't have to be concerned with whether they'll be polarizing. Many mods are designed for niche interests and overcomplicate aspects of the game for other players.
    I utterly disagree on the mod thing being easier or something super simple and cant be compared to what devs do. Moders are doing exactly what devs do and may i add some moders not only provide a product but its levels ahead of a whole studio filled with devs. If a mod can put diplomacy options that go even beyond what the majority of players ask and it doesnt in any way harm the feel of the game or makes things harder for other players and honestly i dont even know you come up with that idea a mod is making something harder for others but anyway. Go to any Youtuber that plays Bannerlord on a regular basis and their gameplay seems interesting and very hands on from the player cuz you have lots of options and things to do and think about and just click on the list of mods they have installed and then think of yourself if a dude that doesnt work in TW has the time to make a major "update" on a mechanic for the game then what are the teams who get paid in TW do all this time. For example 1.7.2 update is nothing more than a polish on few small things and very little rework on troops that i just found for the most part not needed but beyond that nothing of actual meaning to the gameplay. If they can spend 2-3 months just to do refix on troops something i used to do in 1 night back in Warband cuz its not even that hard or time consuming , sure AI pathfinding in Sieges is another breed but besides mostly small twiks and polish or two over AI moving around objects there isnt a single major work done that is in the game to fix glaring issues. Dont you think adding or fixing major gameplay mechanics is more important than twiking soldiers every update. How can you say that a mod that not only overhauls every troop tree in the game , includes dimplomacy options and changes the whole AI behaivior titles and what not isnt as hard or time consuming as dev work ? Im sick of the idea that i need 10 mods to make the game feel like its complete. EA excuse has run it course and its not a viable excuse at this time. Honestly it comes to a point where i start to regret buying the game and not just getting some other way cuz then i wouldnt mind if something is missing or doesnt work cuz its free. We payed for EA true but we never payed for a game that may very well stay stuck in its EA form at this rate of development.
  6. If you join a faction as mercenary, you will loose all your previous holdings :(

Although we're in EA, so lore can be rewritten...
    Indeed it can if removing writen lore in dialogs with over a dozen lords and removing the flavour of the factions helps solving the issue of missused or entirely missing concept for the sake of not satisfying the customer to ease the burden of developing. You do know that the people who are in these forums are actually paid users of the game and not the average cracked version torrent downloaders cuz they dont care that much to support a company or a game so why would they bother adressing gameplay issues. Idk but for some reason i think you work for Taleworlds and your answer doesnt sit well with me.
  7. Do you like the giant 1-2k armies? Or the conga line of other armies? I don't but I kill em all anyways!

We`ll never get the perfect game everyone imagines but trully there are things in the Bannerlord forums that can be traced back to Warband so its a matter of why havent they been put as basics into Bannerlord if its a known problem like AI spawning armies left and right. I`ve come to a point where i see ally army gets into a fight with the enemy and its like 50-50 or even 40-60 and my friends may lose the battle but i just dont care cuz why should i when i know i`ll beat whats left of the enemy and get all the prisoners i want and my ally lords will just spawn a new army 3 minutes later like its nothing. So yeah big battles pretty much dont mean squat at this point besides taking screenshots or making cinematics.
    We know the game is in Early access but it will feels very much appreciated if we can get an answer on such topics so we can know what to expect and not simply continue wishing for the best and hope some mod can change basics of how Calradia behaves.
  8. If you join a faction as mercenary, you will loose all your previous holdings :(

Actually, a mercenary shouldn't be able to hold a city or town because unless you are declaring yourself an independent kingdom, your just a bandit holding property unlawfully. I am actually surprised that you can hold a town without declaring yourself king and that another kingdom would accept you as a mercenary WHILE you held onto a city unlawfully.

On the other hand, this game may actually allow it but I there is a known bug that mercenary contracts never end and if you ask to be released you lose massive relationship standing with the faction you were a mercenary with. This bug might actually be what is occurring though I personally hope they don't let you hold towns/castles as a mercenary.
    Ok lets move away from the player having a fief and wanting to join a war by being paid by another kingdom does making himself a mercenary as the default system is still in place. What i believe most players mean by that is having the option to be paid by other kingdoms to join in on their side of the war. Its not uncommon and its even stated in the Bannerlord lore by both Aserai and Khuzaits that they`ve been paid by the Empire to figfht for them. Like not minor clans or merc groups but actual Clans with Names that are still in the game going to war vs enemies of the Empire for money. Its not much different than the tribute system already in place. Kingdoms dimplomacy is still under heavy critism for not being as developed as it should by this point so adding the option to ask kingdom or even kingdoms asking you Will you join our war / Will you declare war for that amount of money isnt something far fetched or in the realm of fantasy as it holds grounds even in real history events. Thats the whole point i believe they are trying to put out there is can we have the option to be hired by another Kingdoms regardless if we have a legit rulership over a fief or not cuz the whole "No you cant" comes from the coding in the game that all fiefs belong under the same Faction which also leads to a complain of mine as a merc if i take over a castle by law sure that castle should go to the Faction im hired for but in the age of swords i think by being the guy with army inside that castle i can fairly easy say "yeah nope ima keep this" and ofc that will imediatly put me in negative and at odds with the faction i were hired by. But saying we absolutely under no way cant even do that is wrong and not backed up by any evidence on why we shouldnt be able other than its not yet coded scripted in the game. Its perfectly viable option and mechanic that isnt implemented yet should be the answer here not "a mercenary shouldnt" since shouldnt doesnt mean cant . Its a scrip issue not a lore/history one.
Back
Top Bottom