Recent content by 110951667

1. Do you enjoy smithing?

there's one that takes roughly less time, which's Charm build and play as a mercenary forever. (I managed to amass 10m with it ridiculously fast, but the grind for Charm can take a while, beats smithing because you actually do stuff)
    So charm is also broken? Great game!
  2. CEO Statement regarding the release

Do some of you actually believe he would say something bad of his own company in a damn press release?
    Thank you for dragging me back to the reality!
  3. Will TW do a No Mans Sky thing?

If TW is still based on Turkey, the economy could affect development. For example, the skilled people might be running off to another country, or TW's pay become so worthless that they'd rather take foreign online jobs, so TW is left with less skilled people.
    The economy status of Turkey won't affect TW in ways that you worried about because the payment for the skeleton crews of TW don't need to be matching the local HR market, besides the majority of TW's revenue came from oversea in other currency.
    What does affect TW's game development is the decision maker in case of game's design. From what I've been noticed via observing the quality of MB2, it seems that this key decision maker of TW for MB2 design tasks could be someone with a marketing researcher background/pov or a promoted fellow programmer who was a casual gamer and has played very little PC games. And this is why you can see MB2 been a game with features of great ambition and great potential, yet not good at any.
  4. Do you enjoy smithing?

Smithing is completely ruining the Singleplayer experience, and killing any hope of the balance possibility.

Investments like getting a workshop or funding a caravan? Useless! Taxing the peasants or receiving tribute from the defeated kingdoms? Needless! I can make tons and tons of denars via crafting some 2h cleavers in a random town that sells hardwoods. And I don't even need to own a smithing workshop in that town because some random idiot NPC there will just let me use his blacksmith gears and make a great deal of fortune without paying him at least some rents or tips.

I was hoping Smithing in MB2 to provide some advanced mechanic that allows us players to modify our troops. But instead the devs just let its Smithing feature to drag MB2 down to a cheap mobile game. I do have a phone, but please don't use the mobile game design philosophy to design a singleplayer PC game, especially not the great great M&B game.
  5. Why are recruits farmers?

The great Roman dictator Cincinnatus was a farmer before he was summoned and been appointed as a dictator. 15 days after he solved the problem, he return to his farm to continue being a farmer. Never underestimate a farmer.
    The ancient Rome Republic at its classic old day had its legions made up with farmers that defeated Hannibal the Carthaginian.

What's actually not making sense is that MB2 still haven't introduced the concept of "Martial Law" and "Armory".

When a liege calling his farmers to form an army, were these farmers suppose to prepare the weapons themselves or were they suppose to receive the equipment from that liege? In ancient Rome republic before Marius's military reform, the Roman legionaries were farmers who own land and they prepare weapon and armor themselves, then after Marius's military reform, the Roman's legionaries included the landless poor fellows who wouldn't be able to afford needed gears, but thanks to the reform, they can then join because Marius's new martial law makes sure that the needed warring gears would be provided by the state to all recruits. MB2 doesn't have these concept of "Martial Law" and "Armory", so things could look very ridiculous once you noticed it.
  6. Is there a way to turn off the Uniform Color?

I personally hate the mb2's Uniform Color, and wish to turn it off, is this possible?
  7. How about replacing Smithing skill tree with a new Shield skill tree?

I'm on 1.7.1 beta.

Loot from a single battle can sell for much more than 10k but it depends a lot on what kind of troops you're against, size of the battle, and I guess roguery skill factors in a bit.

However, if you're proactive about hunting down parties/armies, and manage your troops well enough to avoid taking more casualties than you can replenish, you can end up with big buildups of loot before town visits, not just single battle -> town.

I can sometimes chain 5+ battles before being back in a friendly territory and have 100k+ worth of loots.
    So true. I didn't invest into Roguery at all. Only have the passive gain from selling captives.

But still, I wish the player char's income can be more relevant to the fights, the trades, the workshop investments, the tax from fiefs, the tribute from winning a war.

For example, I side with southern empire, the tribute gain from winning a war against northern empire was only about 1.5k per day. Meanwhile, If I went crafting 2h swords using only my main char, I can easily make 2h swords that worth 60k per day, and if I let my companions go craft 2h swords, then they can make 2h swords that worth 40k per day per companion.
  8. How about replacing Smithing skill tree with a new Shield skill tree?

I don't see the problem with needing to travel around to sell weapons. We already travel town to town with trade goods and battle loot you can't sell all at one place.
    Not sure which version you are playing, but in my playthrough with 1.7.1, when my clan was at tier 3~4, the loot I sell after each battle usually were less than 10k, while a tier4 2h cleaver I made can be sold with 11k. A town's traders usually has around 70k I think. So as long as I don't sell my crafted 2h weapons, every single town would have enough denars to take all my loots.
  9. How about replacing Smithing skill tree with a new Shield skill tree?

One handed already covers enough shield stuff.

Smithing is fixable. They already did most of the work they just need to make passive stamina regain better(any activity involving waiting, like waiting for poachers, deserters, etc.), tone down some outliers that hit too hard or sell for too much, and they could perhaps split town denars into merchant denars so that it caps how many weapons you can sell to specific merchants rather than just taking the whole town's money.
    Smithing is fixable indeed. Just throw this system to town's notable npc and it will be fine. Giving merchant denar cap will only force player hording the crafted 2hswords and then travel from town to town to sell these swords.
  10. How about replacing Smithing skill tree with a new Shield skill tree?

How about creating a new skill tree for shields instead of replacing?
    That would cause a redesign of UI. The Smithing skills could be attached on a blacksmith workshop, rather than the player character.
  11. How about replacing Smithing skill tree with a new Shield skill tree?

I think we should have the professional blacksmith npcs to do the smithing, this doesn't mean that the weapon crafting feature need to be removed. In fact, the current weapon crafting system could be turned into a weapon ordering system, that player pays denars to npc blacksmith in town and in...
  12. Can we just hand out the game to modders?

This is a very irresponsible talking.

A gardener can cut a tree's leaves and branches into a certain shape of his own liking, and visitors may or may not appreciate this gardener's work. But there need to be a tree first, and this tree need to be allowed to grow til it's healthy enough to endure the cutting from the gardener. Otherwise, the workpiece of the gardener would be just a small "bush" with no leaves and dying branches.
  13. SP - General I think Smithing feature is dragging down the overhaul gaming experience

For an online game, the principle of time = money is well known. The farm genre is an example.

The combination of crafting and tournament logic was tested by me on prototypes. Round = detail. If the prize is a tier 5 sword with a tier 4 hilt, then there will be three opponents of tier 5 and one of 4 (because the hilt is weaker). It turned out funny.

Decreasing the price of crafted items or all items in general, especially Tier 5 and Tier 6, has also been tested. Successfully, there are ready-made solutions, incl. my authorship ^_^
    Were you referring to the Multiplayer part of this game? I haven't try that yet.
  14. SP - General I think Smithing feature is dragging down the overhaul gaming experience

Smithing in MB2 is obviously the best denar making business. Not only it's totally safe that prevent you from getting captured by enemy, but also it's really a denar grab. Way better than fighting a great battle, way better than having a trading route. What does player need to prepare for...
  15. Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

Thanks for the informative post NLCRich. I think I finally get why I couldn't enjoy that much the Smithing perk tree in the game.

It only focus on player character and has no impact on player's party at all.

So, in vanilla, with new Smithing perks or not, player only get improvement for PC(Player Character) itself, which makes both of its branches meaningless if the player don't care much about fancy customized weapons, since it only makes a character, either PC or the companion, a helper at the forge or a main crafter.
    I think it would be better if this perk tree could do more than this. Let's say, one of the branches focus on creating master piece like the vanilla, while the other branch focus on improvements that could affect the player's army.
    The master piece creating branch could be still similar to the vanilla one, but merging two vanilla branches into one, while the second branch, the new branch could give a discount when upgrading units from tier1 to tier2, tier2 to tier3, tier3 to tier4 if you were upgrading your units in a settlement with a smithing workshop owned by you. Or, making your owned smithing workshop more profitable, or even unlock a policy for your realm that allows you to make upgrading elite tier units much cheaper.
    The names for the new perks, if implantable, could be something like, Abrove the Farm Tools(cheaper T1~T2), Basic Protection(Cheaper T2~T3), Standardlized Production(Cheaper T3~T4), Apprenticeship(No longer spent stamina in workshop, but also significantly reduce the quality of the crafted item by characters with this perk), Massive production(enable the production of charcoal and ingot from hardwood and ore for trading), Guild of Forges(make ingot and charcoal more profitable), Armor Dealer(more profitable with Tanner Workshop), Decorated Art Piece(more profitable with Jewellery Wrokshop), Forges for War(your army and the faction you own has cheaper elite tier unit upgrade).

And if the policy could be related and unlocked by a perk, then we should be able to play around with this trick a little more with other perk trees. Like the trading, a perk in trading unlocks a policy to order certain goods such as horses from a notable merchant from a non-hostile settlement. Or in Steward, unlocks a policy to obligate the owned villages to provide food or horses from time to time.

I think if the game could make it hard to get a large elite army(more expensive), then the non-combat-related skills would became more favorable to the players in the SP campaign. Because that's when we have to choose, to either have an elite but small party or large but average strength party; to either enlist cultural units or rely on mostly mercenaries to keep you safe; to either develop and prosper your realm to maintain your troops or to raid and pillage to keep things together.
Back
Top Bottom