Recent content by 10tributedaily

1. SP - General Reduce the XP required scaling so that skills max out at the hardest part of the game.

Have to disagree tbh. Being able to level up and improve and seeing yourself become stronger is part of the fun, if you've already hit your peak character build by the time you've made a kingdom, then what was the point of leveling to begin with, might as well put cheats on.

There are certain skills that do level a bit too slowly for my taste, like trade, but what you're suggesting is counter intuitive of a leveling system in my opinion. If you really want to have fun with your skills for a little longer by the time you've conquered the map, you could just leave your kingdom and start over, and afaik your heirs usually start with more skill points and attribute points than your main character does anyway.
    The peak of your character is for the peak of action. Unlike other RPGs, instead of the action going up with your character's strength, in M&B, there is a peak, and a boring downward slope for everything after that.
    The way I see it, there are two solutions: Either change the structure of the game (e.g. add endgame challenges to maintain the action), or change the XP gain so that you reach your peak right as the action peaks.

Yes, I can just leave my kingdom. I could just disband my whole army and start as a hobo again so I can enjoy using my +100HP Sturgian space marines. But like leveling Tactics to max it out before the heat death of the universe, it just breaks immersion. A horde of foreign invaders (e.g. what the Khuzaits were running from) would be a better use of your maxed out character. If they won't add that, they should just make skills max out way earlier.
  2. SP - General Reduce the XP required scaling so that skills max out at the hardest part of the game.

The game has a lot of powerful, game changing perks that scale off level. One of them, for example, is the final Medicine perk. When you're getting stacked with war declarations, you might have around 200 Medicine. When you have the biggest kingdom around and no real enemies, you'll finally have...
  3. Resolved 1.1.2 Square and Circle formation still bugged. Also, stop marking unfixed bugs as Resolved.

Summary: Square and circle formation units all face same direction, instead of facing outwards from center. How to Reproduce: Use square and circle formation Have you used cheats and if so which: none Scene Name (if related): N/A Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A Computer Specs: OS: Windows 10...
  4. Resolved 1.9 Square Formation All Troops Face Forwards Only

Still broken as of release version 1.1.0
  5. If TW doesn't fix the XP bug by January, you should reconsider your steam review.

I have bad news for you, friend. There are much simpler bugs that have been in the game for over a year and they haven't fixed them. Visual things like the movement of the "light harness" reins or the sleeves of the "luxury brigandine" shirt which has a texture bug when interacting with gloves.
    I don't doubt it. There's probably several hundred of those just floating around.

It's just that in this case, the severity of the bug, its simplicity, and how long it's gone unfixed is such a disastrous trifecta. It's actually ridiculous at this point.
  6. If TW doesn't fix the XP bug by January, you should reconsider your steam review.

You're probably aware of that bug already. It's been with us since beta 1.9.0 (4 months ago) You will only get the XP & loot for the last phase of a battle. Multi-phase battles typically happen when you have a reinforcement wave limit, or when troops rout (this happens regardless of your wave...
  7. Beta Patch Notes v1.0.2

Any word on these two major bugs?

8. This is embarassing

Having to stay certain time on battlefield to properly loot might be a good decision point for player. Should I get all goodies and let enemy get away? Or maybe I should continue pursuing and crush them completly leaving all that loot there to be picked by locals🤔
    You can't actually be thinking of turning this bug into a feature.
  9. So... this is full release?

There's like 12 kingdom policies that are still bugged but they still haven't edited a few lines of code to actually fix it.
    If they haven't fixed it that means they're working on an abomination held together by duct tape and glue so don't expect any bug fixes soon or new features in the next 5 years.

Now pay 50$.
  10. The player and the AI should be able to pick up an enemy banner from the ground

Doesn't really make sense for your troops to rally behind an enemy's banner. It's clearly not your symbol on there.
  11. Releasing the game in this state feels like a slap in the face

I mean. You're actually very sensible and I can agree with this comment, but for most people including me these are tiny almost non issues. Don't get me wrong, should be fixed, but such unimportant things that I wasn't even aware of since I've never had it happen or noticed, as well as reading them I wouldn't even really care if it happened.
    OP also said that there were hundreds of other bugs reported since 1.9 that were never fixed. Many of them are major issues.

Here's two that I want to draw attention to:

This bug makes large army battles less rewarding and ultimately pointless for mercenaries or minor vassals, just a T5 troop sink.
    It also happens to small party fights if at least 10 units got away, so it affects almost all phases of the game.

Two of the strongest infantry formations for countering cavalry got nerfed. Infantry are pretty much sitting ducks for horse archers.

Both threads immediately received a reply that QA was made aware of the issues. Since beta 1.9 they knew about these bugs.

I'm making my review negative so that I can hopefully save someone the future disappointment. This is an obvious sign of either incompetence or laziness, maybe both:
    • Both bugs are easy to reproduce so the editing and testing cycle should be straightforward.
    • The intended features worked properly before, so someone just has to look at what's been changed in the relevant parts of the code.
    • It's already been a month, and there's still no patch for TWO major bugs.
    • While fully aware of two major game breaking bugs, they just went ahead and proudly announced the game was released. That'll be $49.99, please!
    Isn't that just disappointing? It's ridiculous too. If this is going to be their company culture from now on then it's best not to expect anything from them. It's also best to tell other people to stay away until TW can own up to their mistakes and earn back user trust.
  12. In Progress Retreat Loot Bug

This happens to me too in vanilla. Very annoying, I noticed as well, that when the army retreats it also disbands. I think the army is losing cohesion and breaking up before the battles can resolve fully.
    This happens in every multi-phase battle, not just armies. Even that one where you're mopping up the last 2 looters that ran away, you only get loot and XP for those last 2 looters even if you had to fight 1000 other people.
  13. Resolved 1.9 Square Formation All Troops Face Forwards Only

Please prioritize this, it makes infantry heavy armies painful to play.
    With this and the XP+loot bug the release version isn't what we'd call playable.
Back
Top Bottom