Recent content by Æon

1. Æon

Who of the old guard are still around?

I'm not sure why I come back anymore, but hi.

giphy.gif
  2. Æon

Dating Thread, v. II

When I look at the state of dating currently I am so thankful I will never have to date again. I'm particularly empathetic for the guys - they have it very rough statistically speaking.
  3. Æon

I bought a house.
    Congrats. Also same, two years ago.

I'm still dragging my mouse around and clicking, but I only rarely come in to see what's happening.
    Also same. I'm far too boring to post consistently here nowadays.
  4. Æon

Comin' back for my annual forum visit like

TbAE1oq.gif
  5. Æon

Say Cheese v2

Also, did I notice Folth around? Those name changes are a plague, in the end.
    I am alive and kicking, my friend.
  6. Æon

Say Cheese v2

This looks like a very bad idea.
    This x100. The whole situation seems kinda predatory.
  7. Æon

Gun wankery

Maybe, I'm already on the lowest possible gas setting (position 1) though. I'm reluctant to mess with the rifle extensively since it was expensive, but I could probably experiment with some different recoil springs and maybe add a recoil buffer.
  8. Æon

Gun wankery

that doesn't make any sense mechanically.

in semi auto, the action doesn't add more energy to the equation.
    if you have the same conditions (cartridge loading, gun weight, etc), the energy imparted on the system is the same.

the difference is that in a bolt action it all hits at once whereas in semi-auto the springs act like shock absorbers, essentially. the recoil impulse ist delayed and diffused a bit.
    You're right, I read up on it more and it doesn't work that way. Funny though because it definitely feels that way, especially with my NDM-86. That thing kicks like a mule.
  9. Æon

Gun wankery

I think semi-autos definitely beat your shoulder up much more than bolt actions too since you're absorbing the recoil of the cartridge plus the movement of the action. Shot about 100 rounds through my NDM-86 two weeks ago and my shoulder was pretty battered.
  10. Æon

Say Cheese v2

Thank you guys!  :oops:
  11. Æon

Say Cheese v2

I'm a married old hag now!

6pa4Iez.jpg

O4U4KXD.jpg
  12. Æon

What made you happy today?

BenKenobi said:
    Handed in my Master's thesis. Now is the time when I start to see all the mistakes  :iamamoron:
    **** yeah, man. Congrats! Don't be so harsh on yourself either, hindsight is always 20/20.

Speaking of happy, I finally got hired full-time to brew/cellar beer at the brewery I've been working at. They're also sending me to a brewers' conference in late summer and paying for my hotel, travel, etc. Feels gud.
  13. Æon

Arvenski said:
    Sounds great. :grin: There's really something to be said for living among nature (even if it's just a big yard with trees), isn't there?
    Definitely! I used to spend a lot of time outside as a kid and never really stopped enjoying nature. It's a vast improvement from being stuck in an apartment surrounded by asphalt for sure.

Arvenski said:
    Admittedly, if I'd seen a bear in my back yard, I would not feel comfortable. I mean, it'd be cool as **** to see one that close, but I think I'd prefer to admire the coolness whilst knowing that I had a loaded rifle or shotgun nearby. At least we know Folth's got that part covered. :razz:
    I'd never want to kill a bear even though I have the means to so I'm looking to order some bear pepper spray just to be safe.

TheFlyingFishy said:
    Didn't you live in the U.K.? Did you bring your fiancee or boyfriend or whoever it was back and force him to appreciate firearms? There's nothing that indicates respect more than showing sissy Europeans how to like guns.
    I lived in the UK for a bit, but that was only to complete my masters program. My fiance is American, but I'm still the one that got him into firearms. :razz:
  14. Æon

Finally moved into our new house out in the sticks. We have a stream on our property and will likely be able to shoot on it as well since we have a naturally occurring backstop. We also live 5 minutes from a range in a very gun friendly town. Watched a black bear munch on some plants in our backyard the other day too, can't wait to see what other critters live around here. It's so nice to finally have a yard/property again, living here is definitely going to heal my psyche until we move out west.
  15. Æon

Your Car

It stops being fun when you have to shovel a foot of snow off your driveway almost every other week. :razz:
Back
Top Bottom