Recent content by ๖Kern

1. ๖Kern

EU Native Battle Completed [WAUL] Warband Autumn League

Hello my friends it's been a while, but hereby I represent you the sign up of the best team ever:

Team Name: Ferocious Trident Wielders
    Team Tag: FTW_
    Captain: sabo0o
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SaBo0o/
    Co-Captain: Robin
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RobinWar
    Prefered Division: A
    Banner:
    js9lWbp.png

sabo0o 1117773
    Huanglong 24080
    Zoplo 74728
    QINN 996764
    Mynes 1085495
    scarecrow 1099835
    Robin 1032239
    KoBy 3046815

ftw division a 🤡🤡🤡
    never got out of the group stage or whaaaaat
  2. ๖Kern

EU Native Battle Open Fantasy Warband League

No tournament without drama :smile:

Wouldn’t it be possible to privately schedule a match and setup a server just for that match? I know that’s a lot of overhead, but it might be a plausible solution.
  3. ๖Kern

Isn’t 14 people per team gonna mean people don’t play a lot?

You can probably expect a decent chunk of some teams not attending at all, as is the custom in fantasy leagues.
    EDIT: But I agree.
  4. ๖Kern

Name: Eduard
    Nationality: Slovak
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/messerschmitt_eduard
    Preferred Class: Cav, but can play whatever
    Activity: Most evenings after 8:30 PM CET
  5. ๖Kern

Ukraine Today

I'm glad that you're reassured. In my experience, the truth takes decades to surface. https://www.tampabay.com/news/military/veterans/the-atomic-sailors/2157927/
    Navy servicemen went through a lot of **** - from radioactive waste to being exposed to distant nuclear blasts.

There is a good documentary somewhere on youtube that follows some of the UK(?) marines(?) who were exposed to the blasts as part of a test. Most of them had some nasty cancers in their lives. Governments, democratic or not, do a lot of immoral stuff to their own people, but I am not sure whether this is relevant to the topic. Dumb **** and mistakes happen all the time, most we probably don’t and will never know about.
  6. ๖Kern

Ukraine Today

True, you can launch one nuke or tactical nukes and keep threatening with the rest. But there's no going back from such irresponsible act and suddenly even the neutrals would become your enemies.
    There's no real payoff to such an act and all you get is downsides. Countries historically only thought about using nukes (and I mean Israel) when their backs were against the wall and their country was about to suffer a devastating defeat threatening its existence. That would be if NATO armored columns raced towards Russia's major cities and the Russian army was in disarray.
    The Russians may be soundly defeated by a NATO intervention in Ukraine with clear statements from NATO that's all they wanted to do, and Russia would not launch even by their own criteria of nuke use.
    There's also the madman act theory about Putin which explains his behavior.

Putin, change my mind.

I am not saying that it is likely to happen. We could go on about how mad and unlikely and suicidal it would be for Russia, but in the end, we don’t really know what is going to happen.

There’s just too many factors and possibilities which may cause Russia to feel like they may get the edge by using nukes. Whether they are correctly assessed is not really relevant, is it? Because it leads to millions of deaths either way.
  7. ๖Kern

Ukraine Today

Argumenting with the good old "no one is stupid enough to start a WW" is just a bit delusional. Yes, present times are much different from the past but do not underestimate the arrogance of some people fueled by ambition. It has happened before and might happen again.
  8. ๖Kern

Ukraine Today

So we were bashing with some NPC the ambition of the current UK FM to be a valid human being and the new British PM after Boris. But remember that she was known for very hawkish statements against Russia, sometimes out of line with her own government. (She probably thinks this makes her a good hard Brexiter and shows "patriotism".)
    One of the ideas she controversially supported, is officially supporting British volunteers to go fight for Ukraine. This may sound like a good idea, right?

At the same time, Guardian readers were recently exposed to some pretty serious war-mongering opinions from one of the Guardian vice editors, who wants some kind of direct NATO involvement (a special operation, lol), which is very surprising for a paper who should have moderate views. I still can't figure out what's his angle (or who told him to do this), but it looks like pure propaganda, not something us moderates want with their breakfast.
    In his column about bombing Russia out of Ukraine he quotes a far less hawkish article from Foreign Affairs (here's an unrelated website) that proposes that NATO should go to a maximum proxy (but not real) war by sending volunteers from their armies and supporting them fully, the same call as Liz had.

What do you think about the idea of sending army volunteers? Inevitably some will return in coffins, but is that a price we would want to pay, since that's the maximum we could do in Ukraine without going to war?

Well, once governments officially support volunteers from their armies to join the war in Ukraine, it is just one step away from getting involved directly. The closer you are to the border between proxy war and direct war, the easier it gets to slip into a full-on war. While I doubt that Russia has the conventional capabilities to even get past Ukraine if NATO intervened, there are very legitimate fears of unconventional threats like nukes and chem weapons. I have zero doubts that Russia would be willing to go that route if felt threatened, especially since Russians are very patriotic. Also, what is the endgame if a WW comes out of it? Does NATO stop at the doorstep of Russia, just liberating Ukraine? Or do we try to move further to disable the aggressor and prevent future conflicts?
  9. ๖Kern

Cheaters are just genetically faulty, born with 0 talent they have to use third party softwares to get out there and just have fun like the rest of us. Cut them some slack!

Ban cheaters when they are born, or better, stop them from reproducing whatsoever, may the eugenics bring a flawless community of Warbanders!
  10. ๖Kern

Ukraine Today

This is almost perfect, but you also need to clarify the sinister role of the WEF in this (and throw Great Reset gang signs) and I'm guessing you are not mentioning the Jews in every sentence because you'll break the forum rules.
    Incidentally this kind of superfake conspiracies may be the best weapon to weaken the faith of conspiracy believers, and that's the most we can hope for.
    Weaken the faith of conspiracy believers? To me, that sounds even more unbelievable than the theories themselves.

I wonder when and how all of this ends. Start heavily censoring fake news media and you'll be accused of fascism. Is that even the right way to fight against fake media? After all, most of modern civilization has been built on the premise of freedom and free speech. I am not one to go against punishment for spreading false pieces of information, but how does that differentiate us in the eyes of the common folk from the authoritarian regimes like in Russia?
    I am relatively young. Very young compared to the average age of people on these forums (if I had to guess), but the older I am, the more I feel like this small world we call society is closing in on its end just because.
  11. ๖Kern

EU Native Battle Completed Plans for the future tournament

Did anyone mention scramble league? From what I've heard, there are a lot of mercs players around and perhaps some other people, why not make a tourney with 2 or 3 fixed players or "captains" and then the rest scrambled randomly? I mean, scramble league wasn't optimal, from what I remember, but it was a breath of fresh air and if refined a bit more, it could actually become a pretty good format for a semi-casual tourney. Also, perhaps playing a lower player format of 6v6 or 7v7 would be better, so there are enough teams.
  12. ๖Kern

EU Native Battle Completed Plans for the future tournament

This discussion has happened 10 times over by now. FL is a good choice when you have a healthy community. This game has been on life support for a while now. Just my opinion though.
  13. ๖Kern

You can select mods for Multiplayer in the launcher in v1.8

I can't give the correct answer for this. Because you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person. Creating complex UI that works requires C# knowlage in bannerlord. Probably it has to be built from scratch for mp again. I don't think anyone gonna waste time with it. I have only done basic stuff about UI

Also, I believe the SP gear inventory screen is not a great idea for bannerlord mp. It is time-consuming to select/switch your set.

Custom UI will probably be the biggest hassle when it comes to adding item selection, but shouldn’t be too hard. I haven’t yet looked to what extent modders have access to bannerlord api and what it allows you to do, but if it is anything close to decent, we should be able to implement it in a pretty short time. Once the servers and full mp modding support are out for testing of course :smile:
  14. ๖Kern

You can select mods for Multiplayer in the launcher in v1.8

Great news, now to just get access to server files.
  15. ๖Kern

Ranked mode sucks, and heres why

The fact that they waited until now to add it is kind of weird. Maybe they were hoping to take advantage of the recent surge of players coming for battle mode to start populating skirmish mode again.

Honestly, from the illustration of competency that TW has shown in developing MP, it wouldn't be surprising if they simply just did not have ranked matchmaking ready until now. Even if true, the priority should have been to make the combat at least as good as Warband and to release custom servers asap. There's no doubt that cRPG and later Mercenaries (which need custom servers to even start proper development) had a great deal of influence on how popular Warband multiplayer was and how communities formed from and around these modules.
Back
Top Bottom