BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Ikea Knight
Hey everybody!
I am really happy that we already got so many sign-ups and to see new team compositions.
However, we have decided to postpone Beast #5 for the sake of the Nations Cup and the competetive community.
From our experience having two major tournaments at the same time leads to delays and defaults in both competitions which is simply not fun for all teams and players involved.

Don't get me wrong, we still 100% want host Beast #5 and I actually can't wait to see how our new ideas might improve the tournament. But we will simply postpone until about the start of June.

Since this would be a problematic long time to have the sign-ups open we will disregard the current thread for now and open up the sign again - probably sometimes next month.

However, since only a rather small part of the playbase will actually take part in the NC, I am currently mocking up an other event / tournament for those of us that won't participate in the Nationscup. So keep an eye open for that.

I hope you can all agree to our course of action and I wish you all the best of times in whatever event you're participating in the near future.

Most of all, I really wish to see you all sign up for the next Beast again.

Cheers,

Ikea
Neyth
Neyth
I think this is a mistake. New teams were created for BEAST#5 and the community of it, is far bigger than the NC. The Nations Cup was pushed despite majority doesn't want one right now. NC would have more interest when the game is more finished.
Ikea Knight
Ikea Knight
@Neyth I am not a big fan of the nations cup either. But we don't have a monopoly on hosting events :grin:
I doubt the NC will stop and running both at the same time will be really annoying for all teams. I mean we have been there before :grin:
Like I said I still wish to host an event / tourney for the teams that aren't going to particpate in the NC, keeping the community engaged.
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
The problem is that NC teams have members from many different teams so even one nc match can mess up seevral best matches. It can be hard enough to get teams to schedule without having some players form each team with a different commitment.
View previous replies…
Ikea Knight
Ikea Knight
@Lucon
Hey thanks for your input.
The thing is we already experienced it. Beast #3 ran alongside the NC last year. Afaik the NC had some trouble to play their matches, but it also cause some annoyance in our tournament.

Either way it's "only" a month and we have prepared something smaller and less competetive for the teams not interested in NC.
I'll post the sign up for that later today
  • Yagaya
Reactions: Lucon
Einarcf
Einarcf
Ikea Knight
Ikea Knight
@Einarcf
I wish.
No it will be with limits.
Alboin
@Aeronwen I would just say that the new NC might be a failure, just like the last one that wasn't even finished.
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
I agree it is still not yet time for an NC but as long as it is running many teams will be unwilling to schedule regular team matches.
Lucon
Lucon
@Aeronwen @Ikea Knight I agree with what both of you say in a way. But in a way I would recommend that the Beast continue this season as well. The reason is that if Bannerlord's community audience grows more in the future, the two tournaments may need to be played at the same time. In this respect, we may need to experience this. However, if it is delayed, it will be impossible to try. I mean, seeing the operation of both tournaments will add the potential for Bannerlord to be able to run more functional tournaments at the same time.

Still, you two know the best. Put on your mask, best regards.
Einarcf
Einarcf
This really hurts international clans
tom54p
tom54p
@Ikea Knight @Aeronwen Have you asked the teams involved in the nc if they would also be up to play BEAST at the same time ?
I get that empirically speaking it's likely to bring problems, but you're delaying a +-39 teams tournament for a 13+ teams one (out of which 2 are likely not involved in beast).
Seems to me this delay could affect the scene by thining it out more.
If you have a good idea and format for a tournament to fill the gap, okay i guess, but what happens if the teams who are playing in the nc ask to join? You might as well keep on with normal beast at that point.
That's just my consideration, good luck deciding this one
Back
Top Bottom