Possible Exploit? You can be the judge

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.X

Recruit
I think this is a possible exploit in the game. Giving what I’m about to reveal, your rewards are great.

Exploit: when having your own personal army / party sitting outside an enemy town or castle, not sieged, just sitting… the enemy, regardless of how weak or strong they are, go after you .. it says “ on the way to defend “ .. but your just sitting there.. the A.I will play this little cat and mouse game for a day or two (ingame time) then eventually just attack you, even with 20 troops.

There’s alot to farm here, such as lordly gear, influence, skills, gold, whatever is available.. this can also lock the A.I up in that one castle or town they own , they spawn there after defeat because they have no other land, and will forever and eternity always come out at you, until you get defeated or you got so much in your inventory now , your forced to go sell. This works if they have atleast 1 settlement.

Also by doing this, leaving them 1 settlement, and sitting there, they will never rise to power and never be a terrorist organization ( by being anywhere with no land ) ever again.

Also by doing this, increases the debt they will pay you , because your sitting there for months on end, they bring you food, just spawn camping them..

You have to be parked right by the settlement for this to work.. bout as close as you can get without actually going in or giving the option to siege.

Poor Battania lol.

How big is your party/army? How big is their garrison? How many militia do they have? The game may be miscalculating their party strength and including the garrison and militia, which doesn't join them since you aren't attacking the town.

How big is your party/army? How big is their garrison? How many militia do they have? The game may be miscalculating their party strength and including the garrison and militia, which doesn't join them since you aren't attacking the town.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your army / party is. When at war, park outside the castle or town … whether they have 1 or many castles/ towns , they run towards you, then away, then towards you, then away… they do this for 1-2 In game days before they finally made up their mind . It doesn’t matter how big or small you are or the enemy is coming at you, they just come after you, regardless if any other thing is going on in the background in their kingdom, you are the single priority lol. I came across this by accident. My original approach was to keep them in their settlement since they run from me, but imma stay right here so they can’t get out , and my other clan members / war parties can go do whatever they wanted.. I managed to round up all of Battania in Marunath, and all 14+ lords were in their eventuality, so I said “ well since they run from me, they won’t leave the town “ .. then I thought “ maybe they’ll all rush me, garrison and all “ .. but I’m not in siege.. and they didn’t until a day or two later when they came at me , one at a time, I’ll catch and release them, until they eventually spawn with the automatic 20 troops and go at you, until you leave, or they die, or your defeated.

It doesn’t matter how big or small your army / party is. When at war, park outside the castle or town … whether they have 1 or many castles/ towns , they run towards you, then away, then towards you, then away… they do this for 1-2 In game days before they finally made up their mind . It doesn’t matter how big or small you are or the enemy is coming at you, they just come after you, regardless if any other thing is going on in the background in their kingdom, you are the single priority lol. I came across this by accident. My original approach was to keep them in their settlement since they run from me, but imma stay right here so they can’t get out , and my other clan members / war parties can go do whatever they wanted.. I managed to round up all of Battania in Marunath, and all 14+ lords were in their eventuality, so I said “ well since they run from me, they won’t leave the town “ .. then I thought “ maybe they’ll all rush me, garrison and all “ .. but I’m not in siege.. and they didn’t until a day or two later when they came at me , one at a time, I’ll catch and release them, until they eventually spawn with the automatic 20 troops and go at you, until you leave, or they die, or your defeated.
But yeah I think the game is miscalculating what’s happening.. and think the militia will help, but doesn’t.

Also what happens when you decide to leave them alone after you farmed them like this for a while is: they flock to the same village or whatever they own, all of them, and sit in there till they all get enough recruits to move on.. the thing is.. there isn’t enough recruits for all of them , so they’ll make camp until that day comes which further more stops their rise in power… they’re dead without being dead lol , they’ll die of old age before they get their army to a certain point to move on.

it is an old exploit to starve towns... sitting by gates (not too close, but close enough to scare any enemy party) and take all caravans going to this town (buy or take all they food) - most armies just ignore it, because it is not a siege

it is an old exploit to starve towns... sitting by gates (not too close, but close enough to scare any enemy party) and take all caravans going to this town (buy or take all they food) - most armies just ignore it, because it is not a siege

I figured I was starving a town out that way also. But my own caravans entered it, whether it was my own I formed, or the towns I own… for some reason, they go into enemy towns … if an enemy lord is in the town my guy enters, he’s immediately captured… which is an issue in itself with caravans and enemy territory. But the town never starved because of my own or town owned caravans.. which I was like “ no don’t supply them !” But I can’t stop it lol. I play on console if that means anything. So for me to truly starve that town without sacrificing relationship with raiding , I just dont invest in a town or caravans , because they come in that war zone like some heroes or something… but they do make profit since mine are the only ones who enter and leave lol despite me trying to starve them

It might be an exploit, but Bannerlord exists in a very chaotic state where stuff "just works" half the time so you might as well take advantage of it lol. Since the game's more than happy to do weird things like permit faction remnants to exist as eternal terrorists you might as well counter-screw the game with "exploitive strategies" if you enjoy them lol.

It's weird that they attack only after some time, I wonder if they lose the information of your size and just attack. Might technically be an exploit, but as with many things in the game, if you have to sit around for amounts of time to do it, it's not really useful. I mean that in the context of trying to finish off the map though. You could spend that time defeating large armies and taking fiefs and get loot constantly too, so, it's not really going to make the game shorter.

OP, Starving out a town with a long siege or just being parked in front of it isn't an exploit in my book but just good functional mechanics of tactics.
I agree, those are just good tactics. But his concern was parties that are clearly outmatched will attack him. I believe it's a bad calculation that includes garrison and/or militia, and the party believes they have the advantage and attack his party, but garrison/militia don't help. There was an issue like that a long time ago in early access. You could stand on hideouts and parties would attack you, because the calculation for strength included the parties in the hideout, but those parties didn't help in the battle.

I agree, those are just good tactics. But his concern was parties that are clearly outmatched will attack him. I believe it's a bad calculation that includes garrison and/or militia, and the party believes they have the advantage and attack his party, but garrison/militia don't help. There was an issue like that a long time ago in early access. You could stand on hideouts and parties would attack you, because the calculation for strength included the parties in the hideout, but those parties didn't help in the battle.
This is exactly what's happening. The ai looks at other parties who are within a certain distance and it will decide to attack or not attack. My guess would be that the ai is taking into account the garrison strength even though they don't participate. It's why an allied party will decide to attack an enemy party when you come into range even if you don't join in.

Idk sounds like people who uses this tactic are full of skill and are the best players with keyboard and mouse. Exploits don't exists because because a actual knight in the forums told me he can fight with swords and stuff

Back
Top Bottom