500 lords execution, could be avoided

Users who are viewing this thread

Why did I think you didn't? Gotta re-read... I guess I just inferred that lol, but since you have then unless there were significant changes since then you ought not have had issues enough to be livid about. Well... I say that, but it's not like you can't be mad that something that bothered you in the past remains in the game despite the beta phase or something new bothering you, so I guess I just made a mental conclusion without sufficient evidence to back it up.
I am a person who tolerates a lot, bad graphics, ridiculous bugs, I don't mind spending more than a year playing this game with the characters without eyes in their thumbnail images, or that now there are several cities that appear with the blue floor. What I cannot tolerate is that this game, over time, has shown zero progress in mechanics such as the lack of diplomacy, the lack of personality of the AI, the lack of roleplay mechanics, the total lack of texts. And this game could have all that, it shows that it can have it and suggests that there is or was that intention, he wants to cover many things and fails in all of them.

Some time ago I played Crusader Knights 2, and if you've played it you'll understand me, the amount of both conquest and roleplay mechanics are enormous, there isn't any of that here and I could have a large part of them. You don't have the AI trying to destroy you, much less when you're powerful, which happens here in bannerlord. You can be aggressive or passive at will as long as you do the right things and you can do fun things with mechanics that were put into the game for that.

I have played a lot of Kenshi, a brutal game against the player and also not as brutal as bannerlord, because if you are good at the game and know how to use your knowledge well, you can create a good group of characters or just a character that is a demigod. It is an open world quite empty of mechanics and likewise it fulfills more than bannerlord.

Now in bannerlord I am playing with 26 characters and I am experiencing the same difficulty as my games where I made a family army of 1500 soldiers. With nephews and sisters-in-law who treat me like friends, because there are no mechanics to recognize these family ties. With brothers and wives who, upon entering a kingdom as a mercenary, began to treat me as if only I were the mercenary and they were in the kingdom before. In other words, apart from an absence of gameplay mechanics, there is an absence of mechanics and texts in roleplay, or worse, that ruin the roleplay. And I adore roleplay, I married Svana and she died giving birth to our 3rd child, I had preserved her combat sword, which was also a civil weapon and I put it as a civil weapon for our eldest daughter so that she would have a memory of her mother (that's how insanely immersive I am and I love that about me)

What annoys me is seeing the wasted potential of this game and now I'm in belligerent drunk mode, I don't want to suggest or bargain, just complain like a spoiled child.

What annoys me is seeing the wasted potential of this game and now I'm in belligerent drunk mode, I don't want to suggest or bargain, just complain like a spoiled child.
Although I've never played Crusader Kings (console peasant, at least until I have enough money to poke into PC gaming lol), I definitely sympathize with the roleplaying aspect of the game since, really, I don't see much of a point in doing anything in Bannerlord if you don't ascribe motivations to your characters and attempt to think within the context of the world.

Considering how sloppy the game is despite being officially released, or how there's now a "post launch development cycle," I sympathize with your frustration. As it is, I believe Bannerlord's niche is being a strategy game with a complex tactical side for battles, so that's what's most important and things like human relations are important for the strategy side since, well, strategy is basically guys with feathered fans playing mind games with each other lol. And I'm less tolerant; I see dirty banners and shields and I decide I'd rather wait indefinitely for it to be fixed because it aggravates me that TW would consider that an acceptable state for them to be in and it actively harms my immersion and ability to enjoy the game. I can tolerate the smooth-brained character dynamics and memetic relationship system; I cannot tolerate dirty banners, purple snow, constant crashes* (*that may have been fixed, but ironically I could tolerate it alongside SAVE CORRUPTION), women having clipping issues in women's clothes (why is it crossdressing men are the ones getting attention for the matter but not actual women? At least it's fixed, regardless of backwards priorities) etc. altogether. Or, at the very least, dirty banners and shields is enough to put me off.

If I were around since the beginning of Early Access, I have no doubt I would have expected more than what's officially released. I've been a fan of long standing franchises only to see them decay and degrade with time and I've been in the unfortunate position where, as far as it seems, the games are no longer being made with my audience in mind or the developers are simply too incompetent and apathetic while the producers too greedy and immoral to actually make the quality games they used to (etc.). In other words, I can understand and sympathize with the frustrations with Bannerlord since although I greatly enjoyed Bannerlord, it's definitely a far cry from what it could have been when compared to ideas that have been publicly shared for years and it's a dirty, buggy mess to boot.

All I can be is thankful that I like what actually is and thus my greatest priority for TW is to just clean it up before they inevitably decide the game is "complete." Anything else are nice extras, hopefully not as sloppily done as the new Fog of War system, but my number one priority at this point is a clean, playable game rather than one I have to do weird things as protective measures against save corruption and crashes. It's nice save corruption doesn't appear to be an issue anymore, and maybe crashes have gotten better, but the old issues have been replaced by new issues and that's why I've ONLY completed a single playthrough; I feel like a sucker if I just play now as opposed to wait indefinitely for the "finished" version.

Although I've never played Crusader Kings (console peasant, at least until I have enough money to poke into PC gaming lol), I definitely sympathize with the roleplaying aspect of the game since, really, I don't see much of a point in doing anything in Bannerlord if you don't ascribe motivations to your characters and attempt to think within the context of the world.

Considering how sloppy the game is despite being officially released, or how there's now a "post launch development cycle," I sympathize with your frustration. As it is, I believe Bannerlord's niche is being a strategy game with a complex tactical side for battles, so that's what's most important and things like human relations are important for the strategy side since, well, strategy is basically guys with feathered fans playing mind games with each other lol. And I'm less tolerant; I see dirty banners and shields and I decide I'd rather wait indefinitely for it to be fixed because it aggravates me that TW would consider that an acceptable state for them to be in and it actively harms my immersion and ability to enjoy the game. I can tolerate the smooth-brained character dynamics and memetic relationship system; I cannot tolerate dirty banners, purple snow, constant crashes* (*that may have been fixed, but ironically I could tolerate it alongside SAVE CORRUPTION), women having clipping issues in women's clothes (why is it crossdressing men are the ones getting attention for the matter but not actual women? At least it's fixed, regardless of backwards priorities) etc. altogether. Or, at the very least, dirty banners and shields is enough to put me off.

If I were around since the beginning of Early Access, I have no doubt I would have expected more than what's officially released. I've been a fan of long standing franchises only to see them decay and degrade with time and I've been in the unfortunate position where, as far as it seems, the games are no longer being made with my audience in mind or the developers are simply too incompetent and apathetic while the producers too greedy and immoral to actually make the quality games they used to (etc.). In other words, I can understand and sympathize with the frustrations with Bannerlord since although I greatly enjoyed Bannerlord, it's definitely a far cry from what it could have been when compared to ideas that have been publicly shared for years and it's a dirty, buggy mess to boot.

All I can be is thankful that I like what actually is and thus my greatest priority for TW is to just clean it up before they inevitably decide the game is "complete." Anything else are nice extras, hopefully not as sloppily done as the new Fog of War system, but my number one priority at this point is a clean, playable game rather than one I have to do weird things as protective measures against save corruption and crashes. It's nice save corruption doesn't appear to be an issue anymore, and maybe crashes have gotten better, but the old issues have been replaced by new issues and that's why I've ONLY completed a single playthrough; I feel like a sucker if I just play now as opposed to wait indefinitely for the "finished" version.
A lot of things that I'm glad to read, shows that I'm not the only nut with this feeling and thought about the decline in quality in video games. I consider videogames an art, and they are, as an art that encompasses the narrative and audiovisual, there should be a better commitment to quality, on the part of the company as well as the programmer. It is very normal to find out that such a movie or such a series ended in failure due to changes in directors or the production company hurrying up an unfinished job. The video game market seems not to learn from its neighbors, a market that, after creating an iconic game, has a product that will sell for 10, 20, 30 years.

The problem of civilian clothing for women also ruins me a bit, or that the shoulder armor is always floating, which I have solved by always looking for them to use coarse bear skin, which looks very cool with everything. The noble transvestites, god, it's incredible that they never fixed that, that's been going on for over a year.

I stopped playing for a while and decided to come back, I always do the same, really after this game I'll have to put this aside. unless you are 100% finished and start a game by installing all the mods you need.

About CK, I played the 2 base that is free on steam, I have to see if I can buy the 3 and play it. The game is overwhelming in the beginning, but it's really great and fun when you get a hold of it and learn to control it. As I said in one of the recommendations "there is a lot of sex, and sex is fun" you can do anything stupid, like a king I had who slept with a lot of women and then legitimized his bastards (good father, lousy husband). I had an empress (who was heterosexual) who invited a lot of lesbians to her court and then seduced them to be her lover, I got to have about 13 lovers in her (as these romances do not generate children, there were never scandals) . I didn't spend a life expanding territory and declaring war, I spent a life of peace and quiet, hunting lovers. If bannerlord had 10% of what CK offers, it would be one of the best open worlds the market has to offer.

But hey, we can only dream or forget. I will try to forget and avoid obsessing, again lol

A lot of things that I'm glad to read, shows that I'm not the only nut with this feeling and thought about the decline in quality in video games. I consider videogames an art, and they are, as an art that encompasses the narrative and audiovisual, there should be a better commitment to quality, on the part of the company as well as the programmer. It is very normal to find out that such a movie or such a series ended in failure due to changes in directors or the production company hurrying up an unfinished job. The video game market seems not to learn from its neighbors, a market that, after creating an iconic game, has a product that will sell for 10, 20, 30 years.

Call video games what you like, the essential thing is that there's lots of people who love video games, care about them, want the best for them, and dislike it when they're being put to lowered standards and the like. History has an unfortunate tendency to repeat itself; I'm young, but I know of Atari and how they used to be the dominant producer/developer until their hubris got the best of them and, with their downfall, a temporary crash in the American video games' market until companies like Nintendo and Sega rose up to take Atari's place. And, arguably, a similar thing is likely to happen again with companies like EA which behave more arrogantly and short-sightedly, to the point where it's very likely they'll go the way of Atari once the more intelligent among them retire and they're just run by bureaucrats promoted above their range of competency.

To put it another way, while I recognize gaming has generally declined (varying per genre--I'd argue hardcore action fans are enjoying a new renaissance with games like Dark Souls and Nioh) I do think it'll eventually reverse its course because... something's going to give eventually. Maybe in 10 years, or in 20 years, but eventually--nothing lasts forever, and that statement applies to the bad as well as the good lol.
The problem of civilian clothing for women also ruins me a bit, or that the shoulder armor is always floating, which I have solved by always looking for them to use coarse bear skin, which looks very cool with everything. The noble transvestites, god, it's incredible that they never fixed that, that's been going on for over a year.
Yeah, I get the feeling they might go the "it's not a bug--it's a feature" route with it since I remember finding my daughter's new husband (as I was playing as her) was wearing the green Battanian women's dress so I had to fix his wardrobe. I doubt it'd be difficult to fix a bug like this since you never see female characters wearing male clothing (*well, excluding Wanderers, but I'd argue it's unisex clothing given the context).

I didn't notice floating should armor--is that an ongoing issue? Maybe I just avoided armors where it didn't stand out, like the capes, red Vlandian capes, lamellar shoulders (both Sturgian and Khuzait), etc. so I never saw it in action. This is one aspect where I was well pleased though; I enjoyed how my daughter turned out with the Ladies Dress for civilian purposes and a matching set of Sturgian and Khuzait lamellar armor for war lol. Looked very cool in war and pretty in peace (not to mention the armor was her father's originally, so there's a nice sense of inheritance there since she previously had the leather Khuzait lamellar armor + shoulders before I gave her the extremely expensive Sturgian lamellar armor + Lordly-graded matching shoulders).

I stopped playing for a while and decided to come back, I always do the same, really after this game I'll have to put this aside. unless you are 100% finished and start a game by installing all the mods you need.
I'll have to see about that in a year or two lol--I've had a taste test of what modding like on my laptop now, so I look forward to having a proper gaming laptop so I can have all the fun you PC people enjoy!

About CK, I played the 2 base that is free on steam, I have to see if I can buy the 3 and play it. The game is overwhelming in the beginning, but it's really great and fun when you get a hold of it and learn to control it. As I said in one of the recommendations "there is a lot of sex, and sex is fun" you can do anything stupid, like a king I had who slept with a lot of women and then legitimized his bastards (good father, lousy husband). I had an empress (who was heterosexual) who invited a lot of lesbians to her court and then seduced them to be her lover, I got to have about 13 lovers in her (as these romances do not generate children, there were never scandals) . I didn't spend a life expanding territory and declaring war, I spent a life of peace and quiet, hunting lovers. If bannerlord had 10% of what CK offers, it would be one of the best open worlds the market has to offer.

But hey, we can only dream or forget. I will try to forget and avoid obsessing, again lol
Yeah, I think Bannerlord would benefit immensely if it took more mechanical inspiration from CK by the sounds of it. Alternatively, I'd push for Romance of the Three Kingdoms since its systems of government and schemes could be easily added into the existing structure without having to change much fundamentally. Like, being able to send saboteurs to destroy walls, incite riots, alienate nobles so their loyalty (ought to be a hidden stat) diminishes, arranged timed defections, etc.

I'll let you do that, I prefer to vote with my wallet and my time with the games I enjoy most and think do what they ought to be doing. There's far more games in the world than time to spend playing them and, unless video gaming as a hobby "ends" or something in a couple decades, there most likely always will be, so I might as well replay (or play for the first time--many great games I missed out on as a kid and all that) the older games I consider classics and just focus on a handful of newer games that are really worth the time and personal investment.

I have played a lot of Kenshi, a brutal game against the player and also not as brutal as bannerlord, because if you are good at the game and know how to use your knowledge well, you can create a good group of characters or just a character that is a demigod. It is an open world quite empty of mechanics and likewise it fulfills more than bannerlord.

I also thought kenshi was quite empty when i first played it, but I realised it's an integral part of the game. If they padded out every single part of the map with """"content"""" like hundreds of quests and settlements everywhere, it would just be a bunch of distractions and pointlessly dilute the interesting game mechanics -- just like Bannerlord.

I got -100 with everyone

Happens when you got 400 to cars that wipe the floor with anything

Oh and all captured lords lose their heads

-100 relations with everyone but that's okay because I can actually hoard prisoners in my prisons because I killed everyone else so nobody can overfill it while passing through.

Also the notables see my perks and have to give me recruits anyways because thems the rules.

Back
Top Bottom