Version number
v1.1.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Jangus

Recruit
Summary: Since version 1.1.0, companions promoted to vassals can inexplicably 'disappear' in the same manner as dismissed/removed wanderers. When I first experienced this bug I reloaded a recent autosave. Several hours of gameplay later, I noticed it had happened again when checking the companion's encyclopedia entry. The randomly generated nobles in their clan seem unaffected, and succeed the lost leader as normal.
My savegame was a campaign playthrough started before v1.1.0 on Xbox One. I've found multiple other people experiencing this bug, including one on Steam with no mods.
I suspect this is related to the change in v1.1.0 that removed wanderers from the game, for the sake of a varied recruitment pool. Perhaps there's been an oversight, and only wanderers in the player's clan are exempt from this?
How to Reproduce: Promote a companion to a vassal. Wait a variable amount of time until '[Vassal] was lost' appears in the event log. This took a while with 5 vassals promoted.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No. PC player did not either.
Media (Screenshots & Videos):
Screenshot will be added when it lets me insert it.

Other reports of this bug:

Edit: Successfully reproduced the bug on the same campaign as the first time

Last edited:
We tried to reproduce this but there was not any issue on our end. Do you have any save file before the companion vanishes?
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

My companion vassals who left all have eventually left when I've been showing mercy to a fief after conquering it - even if they're not part of my army, but are part of a different army that joined the siege. I'm not sure if that's a bug or part of the trait system.

If it's intended, then it would've been nice to have a notice - or perhaps not affect the character that shouldn't be participating in the looting either way.

My companion vassals who left all have eventually left when I've been showing mercy to a fief after conquering it - even if they're not part of my army, but are part of a different army that joined the siege. I'm not sure if that's a bug or part of the trait system.

If it's intended, then it would've been nice to have a notice - or perhaps not affect the character that shouldn't be participating in the looting either way.
You missunderstand mate, we aren't talking about vassals that defect/leave the kingdom because of your actions. We are talking about lords disappearing the same way wanderers disappear from the game if you don't recruit them.

Lords shouldn't be disappearing like wanderers do, dying of old age, dying in childbirth or being killed in battle are the only ways lords are ment to be killed. They aren't ment to just go missing like the wanderers, which means there is a bug causing it to happen.

My apologies. Wasn't sure if it was the same or different because they were fine being in my party when it happened, but are lost only when part of an army. Whatever the case, I hope it gets resolved soon, and thanks for the clarification for me.

Hi I have this exact issue. I'm playing via gamepass on PC, no mods. Unfortunatley I can't say if this happened before the v1.1.0 patch because it's my first playthrough and I only promoted them to lords after it :smile:

Anyhow so far I've had about 3 companions that were promoted to clan leaders dissapear for no reason.

I do have a save file though that is just before one goes awol, she is in my army and dissapears as soon as it is morning - tried a lot of things to prevent it from happening but nothing worked.

I would be happy to send you this game save file however it is not located in the Documents folder as suggested by the guide @ https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...h-uploader-and-how-to-send-save-files.437993/

I Imagine this is due me playing via gamepass and it is instead hidden away somewhere in microsofts derpy format. Say for example this folder :wink: C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\TaleWorldsEntertainment.MountBladeIIBannerlord_mk53pm3ay0384\SystemAppData\wgs\000901FEB9FEAA2B_0000000000000000000000007587F9EB\C00B565AFAFE49EAB8AFF8C8FB0962C1

Very user friendly!

Can you confirm this the correct save location for gamepass and is it ok to send the suspected save file? (I can sort by date modified to narrow down which bunch of numbers and letters the save file is.

My apologies. Wasn't sure if it was the same or different because they were fine being in my party when it happened, but are lost only when part of an army. Whatever the case, I hope it gets resolved soon, and thanks for the clarification for me.
No its not companions its lords, example - Mantos is the Lord of House Argos. After a few hours of playing the game you might see in the messages (on the left side of the screen) Mantos disappeared. If you go into the encyclopedia and check on Mantos it will tell you that they disappeared. This is only supposed to happen to wanderers, Lords and Ladies aren't ment to disappear, die of old age, die in childbirth and die in battle yes, but not randomly disappear.

No its not companions its lords, example - Mantos is the Lord of House Argos. After a few hours of playing the game you might see in the messages (on the left side of the screen) Mantos disappeared. If you go into the encyclopedia and check on Mantos it will tell you that they disappeared. This is only supposed to happen to wanderers, Lords and Ladies aren't ment to disappear, die of old age, die in childbirth and die in battle yes, but not randomly disappear.
I followed what you were saying. To clarify my point, once I had promoted a companion to a lord when I founded my own kingdom, that former companion and now vassal would occasionally disappear as in it would say they were lost in the side of the screen.

I realize that these are two different issues, but hopefully you'll see why I thought that they could be the same.

Strangely, I just came across a "lost" one after he had won a tournament. Went to the town and he was there with the only dialog option to just leave. Still shows as lost in the encyclopedia.

Hi I have this exact issue. I'm playing via gamepass on PC, no mods. Unfortunatley I can't say if this happened before the v1.1.0 patch because it's my first playthrough and I only promoted them to lords after it :smile:

Anyhow so far I've had about 3 companions that were promoted to clan leaders dissapear for no reason.

I do have a save file though that is just before one goes awol, she is in my army and dissapears as soon as it is morning - tried a lot of things to prevent it from happening but nothing worked.

I would be happy to send you this game save file however it is not located in the Documents folder as suggested by the guide @ https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...h-uploader-and-how-to-send-save-files.437993/

I Imagine this is due me playing via gamepass and it is instead hidden away somewhere in microsofts derpy format. Say for example this folder :wink: C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\TaleWorldsEntertainment.MountBladeIIBannerlord_mk53pm3ay0384\SystemAppData\wgs\000901FEB9FEAA2B_0000000000000000000000007587F9EB\C00B565AFAFE49EAB8AFF8C8FB0962C1

Very user friendly!

Can you confirm this the correct save location for gamepass and is it ok to send the suspected save file? (I can sort by date modified to narrow down which bunch of numbers and letters the save file is.
The Gamepass save files should be located here:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\TaleWorldsEntertainment.MountBladeIIBannerlord_mk53pm3ay0384\SystemAppData\wgs
But pinpointing which file is the save file is a hard guess. IT would be great if you can send all the contents to us and we can take a look.

The Gamepass save files should be located here:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\TaleWorldsEntertainment.MountBladeIIBannerlord_mk53pm3ay0384\SystemAppData\wgs
But pinpointing which file is the save file is a hard guess. IT would be great if you can send all the contents to us and we can take a look.
Thanks, I have made a ticket with the wgs folder zipped up.

I followed what you were saying. To clarify my point, once I had promoted a companion to a lord when I founded my own kingdom, that former companion and now vassal would occasionally disappear as in it would say they were lost in the side of the screen.

I realize that these are two different issues, but hopefully you'll see why I thought that they could be the same.

Strangely, I just came across a "lost" one after he had won a tournament. Went to the town and he was there with the only dialog option to just leave. Still shows as lost in the encyclopedia.
Sorry my mistake

Not for nothing, Taleworlds, playing on Ps4, literally every companion promoted, without exception disappeared completely from game within year of promotion, not exactly game breaking, but makes the entire feature unusable

Back
Top Bottom