General issues

Users who are viewing this thread

VVL99

Squire
1. Why do my companions have no families and they never get married and give birth.
2. How to get control over the prisoners in the army of my family members, they themselves do something with the prisoners and I don’t know what.
3. Why can't I create a squad of companions, family members, recruits for pumping and why every time the settings are reset at the beginning of the battle, I have to set up the squads again.
4. Why can't I see what my caravan bought and give the caravan new soldiers.
5. Why can't I give my workshop the required materials and take products from them, the forge in Amprel always has 0 income.
6. After the death of the main character, I will play for his son, and then for his grandson. Then I will still have a global goal in the game and whether there will be a historical significance for my clan.
7. Why can I leave all the satellites in the city at once, but I can’t also quickly collect them, these alcoholics are scattered all over the city?
8. Why can’t I forbid my troops from recruiting soldiers and forbid them to give soldiers to garrisons.
9. My castle is starving, 70% of the soldiers are starving, why can't I give them food.
10. Why are two armies of the enemy attacking my fiefs, and I cannot offer the second army to attack the enemy fief together.
11. Why do I see a small group of bandits in the forest, which is far from me.
12. Why can't I equip my companion who leads a squad and is in my army, although I can talk to him.
13. In my city, lords are imprisoned in the dungeon, but I do not see them in prison.
14. Why does the quartermaster never recover blacksmithing stamina.
15. Why is there no point in the game to walk around the city.
16. Why can't I send my relatives to military training, like the AI does.
17. Why AI can cast mercenary clans remotely, but I can't.
18. Why can't I give healthy soldiers to a friendly detachment, and leave the wounded for myself.
19. Why does a disbanded squad continue to hire soldiers, and then the squad leader is immediately on the other side of the map.
20. Why can't I hire a rebel clan, but the AI can.
21. Why can't I give the task to a companion to recruit a garrison, but for the AI I can do this.
22. Why do my units in the army take the lords for themselves when I have to decide whether to let them go or not.
23. Why can't I hold my tournament in my city.
24. Why do my companions get more in tournaments than me.
25. Why there are furs in the game, but no fur clothes and fur workshops.

Last edited:
1. Why do my companions have no families and they never get married and give birth.
1 they will get clan members and marry if you promote them to a clan leader. It is odd otherwise but I guess all people ooze out of the ground endlessly in calradia except for lords and ladies..... although they still appear out of thin air sometimes.
2. How to get control over the prisoners in the army of my family members, they themselves do something with the prisoners and I don’t know what.
2 Click them on the army bar and talk to them and inspect troops, you should be able to take whatever prisoners you want. It'd be nice if you could set a auto system with locks to take only certain breeds of troops and give the rest (spread out evenly) with 1 click instead of tedious horrible menus.
3. Why can't I create a squad of companions, family members, recruits for pumping and why every time the settings are reset at the beginning of the battle, I have to set up the squads again.
3 Because TW choose "convenient for casuals" over "useful for actually playing game", it's too bad but they're probably never changing it in a meaningful way because they just don't agree that the player should have so much control or rather "play so hard". They think the game should just be ramming troops together.
Too much control, they want stupid automated things that are near useless.
5. Why can't I give my workshop the required materials and take products from them, the forge in Amprel always has 0 income.
I guess they fired the guy who made workshops in warband or something, no excuse for this one, but I think workshops only exist so they can say workshops are in the game, they're just nonsense.
6. After the death of the main character, I will play for his son, and then for his grandson. Then I will still have a global goal in the game and whether there will be a historical significance for my clan.
You're going to need a lot of patience as the game can be solved in less then a decade. Maybe a mod to make time move 100X faster?
8. Why can’t I forbid my troops from recruiting soldiers and forbid them to give soldiers to garrisons.
This has been asked for a long time and I think TW just doesn't get the amount of control players want over this type of thing. It was a real hassle to convey why it wasn't okay for garrisons to keep recruiting and chucking out high tier soldiers. I think TW is satisfied with simple automated systems and constant battles and don't understand why players aren't.
9. My castle is starving, 70% of the soldiers are starving, why can't I give them food.
TW want you to suffer with their fief systems, no excuse for this, obviously you should be able to give them food and the AI should also be doing this, but they want an automated system and for the AI to do nothing but attack things. It's been long asked for supply lines and such but it doesn't seem like they want this stuff. They can build huge towns and trebuchets but they can't build another warehouse for you to put food in or send out armed caravan to get food in a shortage?
12. Why can't I equip my companion who leads a squad and is in my army, although I can talk to him.
This is even worse now with the banners added, as there is real reason to access their gear between battles, but no way to do it. It basically wastes the banner system because it's juts not worth carting around separate people for different banners.
13. In my city, lords are imprisoned in the dungeon, but I do not see them in prison.
Yes, this bug is annoying, interestingly the AI parties get influence as if they donated them, but they don't actually put them in the prison. Sorry prison break lovers, maybe by 2024 it will get fixed.
No Idea, must be a unknown bug.
What about funny screenshots? In general it seems TW struggles with finding content that is interesting and rewarding but not 100% necessary so it seems to hard for them to add a content that would be worth doing but not cause player to HAVE TO go in each town to do it every single time. They should add little mini games and quest to get +1 relation with the notables and stuff or get 1 random free recruit or.... stuff.
I don't about this one, unless you mean how AI start with so many skills, like they must have trained through childhood and your new family members are blobs. AT least you get to choose some of their attributes/fp, but I agree more option would be great.
This just goes in the massive pile of "The AI Cheats", IMO the AI in Bannerlord cheats much more then in warband, because although in warband the AI blatantly gets parties out of thin air (and good ones on high settings) the overall down time between defeating their parties is more useful and the effect of removing their fiefs is more noticeable and potent. In Bannerlord the AI just gets more more more including instant mercs and even taking near all their fiefs barely changes what they can collect and field in a short time. Even with all fief gone they get to recruit and hire mercs forever anyways. It's just bad.
18. Why can't I give healthy soldiers to a friendly detachment, and leave the wounded for myself.
This is annoying too, I'm sure TW never thought of why we would want to do this. If you have a garrison and a clan party or 2 clan parties you can (with great annoyance) put all wounded in one, all healthy in the other, then take all the wounded this way, but it's so tedious and annoying.

Ananda_The_Destroyer

Thanks for the sympathy.
===
The game has terrible, annoying micromanagement, this restrictive policy makes you do the same thing every time.
After each battle, I have to watch how many of my troops have taken prisoners so that most of them do not run away, I want to sell them, but my relatives give them somewhere, but I can’t bring everyone to the city, I have to stop in front of the city and do manipulations.
And so in many aspects, I am a commander and a huckster, and also a nanny to watch so that my troops do not merge and crap.
I don't want to change the balance in the game, it should be difficult and even very, but not boring.
Let the developer become a genius in the new year and make the world a better place, at least his own.

I like the game and I want it to develop, but it is frozen and standing still.
===
Added 22 questions.

[...]

I like the game and I want it to develop, but it is frozen and standing still.
===
Added 22 questions.
As a matter of fact, it´s even moving backwards, as old and formerly resolved bugs are back in game or former workarounds don´t work anymore.

In older patches for example there was some kind of random "map pool". When you managed to corner an enemy troop in a decently looking position on the world map (which was AND is tricky enough), lets say on plain terrain, it happened AND happens that the game decided to throw your troops right on the forrest moon of Endor.
The workaround was, to repeatedly retrieve from battle and reattack, each time getting a different map out of a small pool, until the game gave you a map that matched your preferences.
NOW, there is no "map pool" anymore. You can retrieve and reattack as long as you want, you will allways get the same stupid NONMATCHING map (despite the proposition of TW, that battlemaps should meanwhile apply to the surrounding terrain on the campaign map) and you have to take it or leave it.

Dear developers, could you at least explain something on the questions raised.
I personally and I think many would be grateful to you, even just for the answers.

As a matter of fact, it´s even moving backwards, as old and formerly resolved bugs are back in game or former workarounds don´t work anymore.

In older patches for example there was some kind of random "map pool". When you managed to corner an enemy troop in a decently looking position on the world map (which was AND is tricky enough), lets say on plain terrain, it happened AND happens that the game decided to throw your troops right on the forrest moon of Endor.
The workaround was, to repeatedly retrieve from battle and reattack, each time getting a different map out of a small pool, until the game gave you a map that matched your preferences.
NOW, there is no "map pool" anymore. You can retrieve and reattack as long as you want, you will allways get the same stupid NONMATCHING map (despite the proposition of TW, that battlemaps should meanwhile apply to the surrounding terrain on the campaign map) and you have to take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Dear developers, could you at least explain something on the questions raised.
I personally and I think many would be grateful to you, even just for the answers.
I hate to say it but it's working as intended so they probably don't feel the need to say anything. Most of your questions have been asked and reasked on these forums and Taleworlds responses have been "not our vision" or "too complicated" or just radio silence. I hope you get answers but don't be surprised if no one from Taleworlds gives you any. It's rare to even see the community mangers on these forums.

black_bulldog

Based on your answer, we can conclude that we can’t influence anything at all and any discussions and questions are useless, at least to the developers.
Then I have a desire to gather modders and offer them to make one global mod that will eliminate the most annoying jambs and imperfections associated with a simple inconvenience that complicates the player's actions.

Then I have a desire to gather modders and offer them to make one global mod that will eliminate the most annoying jambs and imperfections associated with a simple inconvenience that complicates the player's actions.

I want to know where the tournaments are, but I don't want to load the arena scene, I need an item in the city menu.

Why can't you forgive tribute, is it like a punishment for greed?

Last edited:
The problem here is typical: you complain either about lack of micromanagement or existence of micromanagement, after your taste concerning the respective topics. I don't care for a lot of your criticism, most are minor points for me, to other points I very heartily agree and wish them to be solved/changed. But generally TW just seems to have a different view what is important and what not.

If it was not possible to persuade the lord, then when talking again, all the correct answers are saved, this is a mistake or an idea.
I have not recruited for a long time, maybe they fixed it.
===
The problem here is typical: you complain either about lack of micromanagement or existence of micromanagement, after your taste concerning the respective topics.
No, this is not a complaint, sometimes some solutions are bugs and shortcomings, the developers themselves ask them to report it. Just sometimes you want to understand the meaning of the idea, some solutions are incomprehensible.
===
Why does time stop when the player is in combat, when the AI is fighting, time keeps running, equalization would greatly change the balance of power.
===
I stopped adding questions to the first post, because this database of questions is not of interest to the developer, and a separate post is enough for discussion.

Last edited:
TW devs usually dont even respond to posts, and if they do only 1 or 2 devs come out and make some unnecessary, childish joke about completely unrelated stuff and proceed to ignore the questions or concerns... You'd have better chance talking to a wall rather than properly communicating with any TW member. They realized they made enough money already, so why try to finish and fix the game when its already made huge profit and steam reviews are positive? No need to work or communicate, minimal work maximum profit. Thats the how they operate in that country.

Why can I remotely see the data of my fief, I see who attacked him, but I don’t see the size of the attacking army.
===
Why is there no strategy in strategy, I have three armies, but I can’t control them, I already pointed out this question, and yes, the game has a mode for war: neutral behavior, defense, attack, but this is not enough for strategy.
===
There are no tribute carts in the game, big money, a good target for robbers or warring clans, and an interesting task.

My companion won the tournament and they gave me 109,000 for the prize, is that a mistake or by design.

Last edited:
If your companion wins the tournament, the party he/she belongs to (that's in effect you) gets the item won. That's a reason why I like my companions taking part in tournaments. The ridiculous amount of gold for selling that piece of metal is a fault of the vanilla item price building mechanic, not the tournament system. If you would use for example RBM mod, the helmet would have given you about 3,500 gold when selling.

If this is a mistake, then you just need to add a sell penalty for the clan member that the player has.
===
Why, at the conclusion of peace, the wounded (hungry) garrison disappears entirely, as if it never existed. Is this a hidden mechanic?
===
Why do I see 6 bandits, 10 peasants, but when I release after the battle 350 prisoners and 200 soldiers who did not fit in my squad, they disappear, as if they were not there.
===
Why does the enemy not retreat, because it is much weaker.

Why the AI does a false swing, but does not hit with a shield and a leg.
===
Why the AI can propose peace terms but the player can't.

I bought half of all mercenary clans and rebellious ones, now they are ordinary and part of my faction, but I can’t do this until the AI convinces them, after that they almost always agree to switch and always ask for very little money.

Last edited:
7. Why can I leave all the satellites in the city at once, but I can’t also quickly collect them, these alcoholics are scattered all over the city?
10. Why are two armies of the enemy attacking my fiefs, and I cannot offer the second army to attack the enemy fief together.
11. Why do I see a small group of bandits in the forest, which is far from me.
19. Why does a disbanded squad continue to hire soldiers, and then the squad leader is immediately on the other side of the map.
21. Why can't I give the task to a companion to recruit a garrison, but for the AI I can do this.
22. Why do my units in the army take the lords for themselves when I have to decide whether to let them go or not.
23. Why can't I hold my tournament in my city.
25. Why there are furs in the game, but no fur clothes and fur workshops.
1.you can make them a clan and then they can get married
2.i dont know
3.i dont understand the question
4.its a ai run caravan, it works how it works(i also think you can give them troops)
5.you can supply the goods by tradeing them into the town
6.i dont understand the question
7.WTF IS A SARELLITES
8.you can turn off auto recrute and set pay limits
9.just upgrade the grainery
10.skill issue
11.high scouting skill
12.idk man
13.idk man
14.idk man
15.their is for some mistions and roleplay
16.Wtf
17.The AI have antenna sticking out of their head that they use to talk to eachother
18.i dont understand the question
19. i dont know
20.The AI are defaulting back to their origanal culture, and they dont want to be recruted
21.????
22.???
23.they are random, but they happen more often if you have festavles and games enabled
24.they sell the **** they get
25.they are tradeing goods

Why does the AI put captive soldiers in the dungeon with the AI, because it makes no sense, and the dungeons are full and there is no place for lords.

Why does the player appear after captivity where he was released and alone, and the AI immediately in his estate and with a detachment.

He defeated the enemy detachment and let the lord go, he immediately appeared near the city with a new detachment, next to me, the enemy has no cities and castles and it is impossible to defeat them, they always have a detachment.

Why does the AI put captive soldiers in the dungeon with the AI, because it makes no sense, and the dungeons are full and there is no place for lords.

Why does the player appear after captivity where he was released and alone, and the AI immediately in his estate and with a detachment.

He defeated the enemy detachment and let the lord go, he immediately appeared near the city with a new detachment, next to me, the enemy has no cities and castles and it is impossible to defeat them, they always have a detachment.
Because that's a way to grind out Influence so they can make armies and vote on policies.

Because the A.I. lacks human intelligence and needs a crutch, otherwise they'd just get endlessly captured and recaptured.

The developers probably want destroyed factions to have a way of coming back, but I do agree that the way it's being done is poor since it basically turns them into pesky bandits at best and capital-destroying terrorists at worst.

Why do messengers come running to me with different offers, but I can’t send messengers.
Probably to avoid putting too much intellectual burden on the A.i. to code them into knowing when it's a safe time to run over and talk to you in person versus (anything else they could be doing) and, possibly, to limit the human player's influence on A.I. behavior in order to simulate the idea that every A.I. actor is their own person with their own ideas and agendas.

Back
Top Bottom