Adding new tags to Order of Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
Despite its ...shakiness, the additions in 1.1 greatly improved the OOB (pre-battle deployment), but there're still a few issues in selecting the troops you want to be added to the formation. So I'm suggesting that new tags be added to make the troop selection process more discerning. I think we need to be able to select whether formations carry crossbows, pikes and 2-handed weapons/swingable polearms in addition to the existing tags.

@MRay would adding this be possible? This would make Oob so much better.

They may as well just add to the drop down menu, in this awful oob they are bound and determined to stay with, a list of all troops of a type. Instead of a contrived drop down, just list the troops. IE: if you have 50 total troops, 50 infantry(20 sturg. spearmen, 10 batannian trained warriors, 20 battannian clan warriors), just list them on the drop down tab. It could work even if you were the head of a combined army with all different kinds of troops. It might be a little tedious scrolling through scores of different troop id's, but doable.
It's pretty much just a round-about way of doing it the old fashioned way, but that's what everyone wants(the old way of assigning troops), and it should be ok with their console-first mindset, which is what this awful oob is all about.

They may as well just add to the drop down menu, in this awful oob they are bound and determined to stay with, a list of all troops of a type. Instead of a contrived drop down, just list the troops. IE: if you have 50 total troops, 50 infantry(20 sturg. spearmen, 10 batannian trained warriors, 20 battannian clan warriors), just list them on the drop down tab. It could work even if you were the head of a combined army with all different kinds of troops. It might be a little tedious scrolling through scores of different troop id's, but doable.
It's pretty much just a round-about way of doing it the old fashioned way, but that's what everyone wants(the old way of assigning troops), and it should be ok with their console-first mindset, which is what this awful oob is all about.
If it was possible, I agree that having a hybrid system of the current Oob and the previous formation settings would be the best, but the dev responsible for the UI (the person I've tagged) said several times that the 2 systems can't work in conjunction. I think that my suggestion would be a reasonable enough solution for selecting troops more specifically.

Back
Top Bottom