Platform
Xbox Series S
Game mode
Campaign
Graphics mode
Performance

Camer8

Recruit
Summary: After recent update to version 1.1.0.13441 when in map view playing on my campaign save. Every 2-3 seconds the game freezes briefly (1 second) and then resumes again resulting in an extremely bad stutter and no input is recognized during the short stutters. This did not occur until the update. It occurred before the update was rolled back and I was not able to play again until the update was rereleased earlier this Friday. I did create a new campaign in which this issue did not occur when using the map granted this was still the tutorial version of the map. So far nothing has been able to address this including restarting the system and game. Uninstalling and reinstalling and changing the storage device that contains the game. There are no other issues with the game. Participating in battles is smooth, interacting with NPC’s and selling items is as well.
How to Reproduce: Unsure
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): Can post once new account term has lifted.
Computer Specs: Xbox Series S
GPU: N/A
GPU Driver Version: N/A
CPU: N/A
RAM: N/A
Motherboard: N/A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I’m having the exact same issue. It began suddenly hours after I had gotten the recent update. Hope this gets fixed so I can play again, just got into the game and am addicted.

What is the graphics mode you use while playing? IS the sttuters also happening while playing on performance mode as well?
Yes the stuttering happens on both graphics modes. I have also tried changing around the HDR settings and exposure to minimize shadows but that does not help either.

Note, the update to 1.1.14115 on March 11th did NOT solve the issue. It still persists and may even be stuttering a bit more, but I have no way to tell.

Note, the update to 1.1.14115 on March 11th did NOT solve the issue. It still persists and may even be stuttering a bit more, but I have no way to tell.
It's related to the AI behavior. They do a hokey pokey when they are near enemy factions and are outnumbered, caravans, villagers, parties with low troop counts, they will run away and come back, run away and come back. This is most noticable during sieges. Get enough of them preforming the same "is it safe, nope" check will cause performance hits.

We were not able to reproduce this issue on the latest internal version of the game. We believe this issue is now fixed. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience.

What was the version number when you captured that video? Does the game's performance drop over time? Is this also happening while you are waiting in a town for example? Do you remember doing anything out of the ordinary or anything that is prone to performance issues such as crafting hundreds of items etc?
Are you still experiencing this issue on the v1.1.4 - 1.0.21.0 version of the game?

Last edited:
What was the version number when you captured that video? Does the game's performance drop over time? Is this also happening while you are waiting in a town for example? Do you remember doing anything out of the ordinary or anything that is prone to performance issues such as crafting hundreds of items etc?
Are you still experiencing this issue on the v1.1.4 - 1.0.21.0 version of the game?
Video was captured on the module prior to the current version of the game. This issue has persisted since my original post and has yet to change. As far as out of the ordinary no. It occurred when update 1.1.0.13441 released and I loaded the save. That was the update that had problems and was rolled back and released again and the stuttering occurred in both releases of the update pre and post roll back. The stuttering only occurs when waiting in a city, traveling on the map and waiting for siege machines to build. The performance of the game is stable in the sense it does not drop overtime. The stuttering and performance remains the same throughout play.

Back
Top Bottom