Possibility of adding back music from Warband and Viking Conquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
I really like the music in Bannerlord, but it gets old after a while, and the variety seems to be lacking (or maybe it's due to the map being larger and therefore spending a longer time overall in the same faction's territory?). Warband and Viking Conquest (also maybe WF&S but I don't remember) had really fire music, is it possible to add them to Bannerlord? New music would go a loooooong way in making the game feel better.

I really like the music in Bannerlord, but it gets old after a while, and the variety seems to be lacking (or maybe it's due to the map being larger and therefore spending a longer time overall in the same faction's territory?). Warband and Viking Conquest (also maybe WF&S but I don't remember) had really fire music, is it possible to add them to Bannerlord? New music would go a loooooong way in making the game feel better.
Warbands music was way more atmospheric in my opinion, I think there was a mod that added warbands music, look it up

Warbands music was way more atmospheric in my opinion, I think there was a mod that added warbands music, look it up
Main screen theme + Fight as Khergit + Town Neutral >>>>>>>>>>>> Bannerlord ost. Of course, I'm a bit nostalgic and Bannerlord has some excellent pieces, but god damn were those tunes good. Unfortunately my GPU's busted so I can't play Bannerlord anymore.

Main screen theme + Fight as Khergit + Town Neutral >>>>>>>>>>>> Bannerlord ost. Of course, I'm a bit nostalgic and Bannerlord has some excellent pieces, but god damn were those tunes good. Unfortunately my GPU's busted so I can't play Bannerlord anymore.
Bro you forgot swadian hall, or walking through rhodok towns with those weird not very good quality sounds, and jesus, when you had a campaign against vaegirs and all the 7 parties walked together and this fire started playing

Bro Warband was the perfect game, I hate how Bannerlord is all menus and this big invasive modern UI, in Warband everything was so cohesive and they played their lack of resources so well, because yeah it didn't had a lot of QoL like Bannerlord does but you weren't rushing to the next fight because thanks to the music and the setting you were just enjoying your time. Man no wonder I sunk so many hours of my life into it, and I will sunk more probably lmao this thread revived my passion

As much as I prefer warband as a game I think about half its music is bad. It sounds like it was composed for a full orchestra but with whole instruments missing or unfinished, and then transposed to a horrible sounding midi soundscape. If someone rearranged some of the worse tracks and recorded it with a real orchestra so that it all sounded like the main menu theme, It would be almost perfect, but it sounds like a demo reel rather than a finished soundtrack.

Some of the Bannerlord stuff isn't bad but it suffers from the same problem + a lot of it is really really generic medieval + it tries to be too epic and loud + the battle tracks are designed to loop which means the musical ideas often go nowhere or in circles. I think half the tracks on release were even licensed from Guild 2, which is crazy considering they had a dedicated composer for like 10 years.

As much as I prefer warband as a game I think about half its music is bad. It sounds like it was composed for a full orchestra but with whole instruments missing or unfinished, and then transposed to a horrible sounding midi soundscape. If someone rearranged some of the worse tracks and recorded it with a real orchestra so that it all sounded like the main menu theme, It would be almost perfect, but it sounds like a demo reel rather than a finished soundtrack.

Some of the Bannerlord stuff isn't bad but it suffers from the same problem + a lot of it is really really generic medieval + it tries to be too epic and loud + the battle tracks are designed to loop which means the musical ideas often go nowhere or in circles. I think half the tracks on release were even licensed from Guild 2, which is crazy considering they had a dedicated composer for like 10 years.
Nah man, even with the ****ty midi sounds they're bangers. I think it makes me love it even more lmao, like the campiness of it, but yeah a rearranging would be great ngl. It sucks they're using music from another game, and the battle songs are awful in my opinion, none of them are atmospheric or tense or anything, not to mention the weird changes that happen when the fight ends and the song switch to a victory one, I don't think that was well done either.

I agree;also what was Viking conquest idk what that was console player mind u.

The Guild 2 : "The team employed Pierre Langer of Dynamedion, to produce the album music and the sound effects for The Guild 2. The soundtrack was composed and recorded in the Thuringian Philharmonic Gotha-Suhl under the conduction by Bernd Ruf with a symphony orchestra."

The German band Versengold has since 2014 musical performances in taverns in the game, with a total of three songs.

also The Guild 2 Renaissance was awarded the Sound Award by PC Games magazine. It earned nomination for "Best Sound Award".

"In the first years of Dynamedion Pierre worked on basically every single bit of the job you can do as an audio person in the games business: music composition, sound design, audio integration, audio management, design of audio tool chains, recording, mixing, mastering, project management, etc.

As the thing grew and all the other guys joined in, Pierre focused more and more on the business side of things, leaving the creative work to the really focused experts.
His track record still is impressive – with compositions, sound effects and audio direction responsibility for projects like: SpellForce 1&2, Anno 1701, Settlers V & VI and music contributions to many TV & movie trailers.

Nowadays Pierre enjoys keeping in touch with all the different clients of Dynamedion, thinking up new product lines and business ideas to further expand the reach and prominence of Dynamedion and all related sub-labels such as BOOM Library, Sonic Liberty, Sonuscore .. and more to come."

--- so he when into business management...we lost a great talent.
=============================

There are some genres of games that emphasize music a lot ex:
city-building games or strategy games like Paradox games
where music is essential for the gaming experience.

Those tracks are great and a large part of the game development budget goes in
that direction. The whole point of playing those games is to be mesmerized by the music and calmly play your game.
I find out that other period related games that are praised for there music
ex: Total War: Thrones of Britannia or Knights of Honor - exist out there.

Some may be older ( less known ) or have above average tracks that Talewords should license them & include.
If the music is great and it fits the context - best service to those composers and to increase the quality of the music in Bannerlord is get around 30-40% licensed music ( even more if they are remaster or re-orchestrated) and also double the original bannerlord tracks.
This is one aspect that is less affected by the normal development pipeline and Talewords - can have instant
improvement. The music from my perspective should be x3 music that is now - and quality should still be asked for. The game can have many flaws but the music can help it and boost sales.

Last edited:
I prefer Warband's music as well, but I'm not really sure why since while I did like quite a few of its catch tunes and battle themes (not to mention the lovely sound of dudes making angry noises lol) I wouldn't call it a favorite. My main issue with Bannerlord's music is simply that my current TV is too crappy for me to really hear it without blasting the noise on everything else, so it'd be great if I could diminish the contrast between noise volume like with my old TV... then I might actually know what Bannerlord's soundtrack is besides a man and a woman repeatedly shouting orders from horseback lol. I miss back when the player was silent and dudes sounded sillier. I prefer the new female voice though.

The biggest problem with Bannerlord's soundtrack for me is repetition.

Every bandit hideout, looter fight, or arena fight has the same song. As in the same one song for all of them!

Every siege in N. Empire, S. Empire, W. Empire, Vlandia, Battania, or Sturgia has the same song. Aserai and Khuzait territory thankfully have a different song. But still, 100 sieges of the same song is too many.

Overworld music gets super repetitive rotating through the same ~6 songs. There are culture unique songs but they only seem to play when you're in an army. The only area that seems to have different music is Aserai territory, for whatever reason.

Warband has different tracks for each region as well as night travel tracks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom