Need More Info How To Refund?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
After my save got corrupted two days ago I told myself I'd give them two days to fix it. Now that that time is up I'm attempting to refund but have apparently put too many hours in to do so.

Considering the product is faulty, is there another way to get a refund? Or have I basically just been scammed?

After my save got corrupted two days ago I told myself I'd give them two days to fix it. Now that that time is up I'm attempting to refund but have apparently put too many hours in to do so.

Considering the product is faulty, is there another way to get a refund? Or have I basically just been scammed?
Bro just wait or start a new game. Would you go to a restaurant eat half the meal and say that sucked I want a refund?

Th

is happend to me ages ago but never got my saves back waited months never worked
so I did it again it’s sad to see more of this happening to people it needs to be fixed

Bro just wait or start a new game. Would you go to a restaurant eat half the meal and say that sucked I want a refund?
That analogy is so far off.

It's more like I ordered a meal, got half of it, and then halfway through eating it they make me spit it out and stop eating.

Yes I would ask for my money back.

Th

is happend to me ages ago but never got my saves back waited months never worked
so I did it again it’s sad to see more of this happening to people it needs to be fixed
The fact this happens often is insane. This time it was legitimately completely avoidable too. They pretty much chose to void people's saves.

Wouldn't have spent money on it in the first place if I knew this is how they do things. :sad:

A corrupted save is something different than a save that cannot currently be loaded due to version related issues. If you saved the game during the brief period that version 1.1 was released for the Xbox, you're now in a situation where the game cannot be loaded because the 1.0.3 version of the game doesn't understand the save format. Taleworlds already stated that the game should be usable again once 1.1 is re-released for the Xbox.

For that to happen Taleworlds first needs to identify, fix, test and then publish a patch for the issue - which i assume is their current top priority by a large margin. To actually get the patch in the hands of end-users they will then need to submit the patch to Microsoft, who also need to certify and actually publish it. This in turn adds some time overhead a developer has no control over, which is probably the reason why taleworlds cannot give a specific ETA.

Asking for a refund for a product you already used is very likely going to be a lot more trouble than is worth it. You can ask the place where you bought the game for a refund, but if you've owned and used the game for a long time its unlikely the request will just be granted. Legal options beyond that tend to be quite the headache, and most jurisdictions i know require granting a vendor a reasonable timeframe to solve an issue. (And no, a reasonable timeframe in that context is unfortunately not the arbitrary amount of two days you've set yourself).

Realistically i would advice just playing a different game for a couple of days and then checking back. No matter how many statements you make on the forums or how many deadlines you set: it is not going to have any influence on the time a patch is actually released. Unless doing so works as a catharsis for you, save yourself the time and frustration and just have fun playing something else while this mess gets sorted in the background. Afterwards you can hopefully just continue playing your Bannerlord save where you left of, if you feel inclined to do so.

The amount of stuff 1.10 broke in weird ways drives in the fact that TWO YEARS after release, this game is still a paid eternal beta test.
The idea of dfisabling achievements (those which happen to work at any moment) for those using mods is just insult to injury.

This game is sold via false advertising, and until it is finished, especially if new updates BREAK more stuff than they fix, it should be refundable.

A corrupted save is something different than a save that cannot currently be loaded due to version related issues. If you saved the game during the brief period that version 1.1 was released for the Xbox, you're now in a situation where the game cannot be loaded because the 1.0.3 version of the game doesn't understand the save format. Taleworlds already stated that the game should be usable again once 1.1 is re-released for the Xbox.

For that to happen Taleworlds first needs to identify, fix, test and then publish a patch for the issue - which i assume is their current top priority by a large margin. To actually get the patch in the hands of end-users they will then need to submit the patch to Microsoft, who also need to certify and actually publish it. This in turn adds some time overhead a developer has no control over, which is probably the reason why taleworlds cannot give a specific ETA.

Asking for a refund for a product you already used is very likely going to be a lot more trouble than is worth it. You can ask the place where you bought the game for a refund, but if you've owned and used the game for a long time its unlikely the request will just be granted. Legal options beyond that tend to be quite the headache, and most jurisdictions i know require granting a vendor a reasonable timeframe to solve an issue. (And no, a reasonable timeframe in that context is unfortunately not the arbitrary amount of two days you've set yourself).

Realistically i would advice just playing a different game for a couple of days and then checking back. No matter how many statements you make on the forums or how many deadlines you set: it is not going to have any influence on the time a patch is actually released. Unless doing so works as a catharsis for you, save yourself the time and frustration and just have fun playing something else while this mess gets sorted in the background. Afterwards you can hopefully just continue playing your Bannerlord save where you left of, if you feel inclined to do so.
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately my friend told me that even after the patch was re-download his saves were still not playable. So I won't be reinstalling the game and I won't be purchasing anything from Taleworlds ever again. I will also try to convince my other friends not to because I don't want them getting scammed either.

Back
Top Bottom