Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Played the update for three hours and encountered no real bug so far, except for Rhagaea's hair clipping through the crown.

What I like are the added tooltips on various occasions.

What I dislike is not the hero-Fog of War per se, but the fact that if you see a hero on the global map, you can't tell if you miss his info and should go to meet him, or if you already know and so can ignore him. It would be good, if there would be an icon or something, to tell you if it's a known or a stranger hero.

AI decide on such a strategy that on a number of factors such as ranged unit numbers in their ranks. They might want to use their ranged troops first. This might be seen as AI being on full defence. To debug this issue we need more details.

The reinforcements never spawn in the middle of the map. IT was bugged on the first release of the feature but we fixed it later on. They can spawn on the middle edges of the map's playable area. If you are sure there is a map that has reinforcements spawning in the middle please let us know the name of the map/scene so that we can check.

This is not only for the wave system. This was always the case. If the player have less than 20% HP, you can't fight on any battles.

Could you provide a video for this? This depends on a lot of factors as well as how the battle goes, remaining soldiers etc. IT would be great if we can see the issue happening.

This is related to the maps not AI. We are working towards fixing them but as you know the number of maps are high.

After reading alot of your answers it appears as if you're telling us that there are reasons for these seemingly idiotic AI decisions -we just cant see or know them as they exist only in Debug. That brings me to one of my biggest complaints of this game -the decision to have a less responsive AI explaining things verbally to player. In the past you'd talk to an AI lord about what hes doing and he might tell you his faction is at war but he's not joining due to needingt o attend to something else. this was valuable and also gave meaning to a seemingly meandering Ai unit not doing anything.

What I would suggest is to hire or assign someone to translating debug code into illustrious text that would help explain the rationale of the goings on of such events. You mentioned that the Ai would not engage because they had calculated the amount of ranged units etc...well that would be amazing to hear from a War type dialogue system -so much meaning could be given to the game. Rather than minimizing or deleting the old AI lords communication transferring it over to the very not interesting encyclopedia was a bad move - TW should have gone in the exact opposite direction and built on those Lords conversations that reflect what is dynamically going on around them.

just my 2 cents

Oof. I really hope the team is planning on implementing a spy network that gathers information on Notable NPC's, cause having to run around and meet every single NPC, is well, yikes.
The encyclopedia still tells you where everyone is, even if they're enemies you've never met. I don't know why they call blocking useless personal information "Fog of War", it's nonsense.

giphy.gif

Oof. I really hope the team is planning on implementing a spy network that gathers information on Notable NPC's, cause having to run around and meet every single NPC, is well, yikes.
That would be nice, maybe tie it in with taverns for roguery/merc characters and in keeps for vassals/nobility characters like gossip and/or favors within the royal court as an incentive to interact with the all but useless keeps and noble ladies/youths. Could even add evesdropping/stealing documents missions, bartering/bribery for info, and the ability to get Intel from prisoners and fiefs after a victory. Add in some sweet roguery/tactics/trade exp based on method and you have a core game feature with depth! *cough level 1 workshops with vague and incomplete functions and no ultra armor from smithy cough*

The state of it now I just mindlessly join then leave any allied armies I see to get info on all members within, hit every town/castle>keep>dungeon>tavern, and stop by the villages. Unnecessarily grindy tbh just to feel like I have the info if I need it later.

The encyclopedia still tells you where everyone is, even if they're enemies you've never met. I don't know why they call blocking useless personal information "Fog of War", it's nonsense.
I do appreciate that the player is no longer omniscient via the encyclopedia (although the current implementation needs a ton of work) but yeah this change being called "Fog of War" has bugged me a lot as well. It's not a "fog" of anything if we can still see the characters' locations, the current "FoW" obscures mostly the info we should already know before meeting NPCs (such as their reputation/traits and their age).

Granted, in my opinion making it harder for the player to get the AI's location would make the game more tedious, so I don't know how an encyclopedia FoW could be implemented properly (maybe it can somehow have something to do with tracks, a system that is very much useless and was also useless in Warband). I would much rather we got an actual FoW on the campaign map and the battlefield as a difficulty option at the start of the game (and luckily for us, Bloc released a Youtube video a couple of days on a campaign map FoW and exploration mod).

Last edited:
villages are not safe heavens any more...

looters will drag you out of them if you are waiting in them for them to go away.

is this intended?? do the developers even play this game?

Last edited:
Wish I could tell you, none of my vassal army's have ever shown up and helped me with anything at all in v1.1.0 beta or done anything useful at all.

^Yes this is the stuff here. All together it makes a poor experience compared to past versions.
I just wanna be able to disable birth/death on Xbox :sad:

Womp womp started a new 1.1.0 game on the Xbox Series X. Game ran fine but now the update has been reverted for all Xbox consoles and that save is out of commission. Don't want to go back to an old save, do we have a timeline for Xbox?

After the update, I am no longer able to load my Ironman saved game with the latest modules. It keeps crashing, anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestion for a fix?

Earlier today the game on the Xbox Series S updated from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0. So my game updated normally and it just popped up a windows and I loaded my save file, then after I played normally without any issues. Now it seems that the developers downgraded their update back to 1.0.3 and all my saves that were on the version 1.1.0 doesnt work anymore. I've got the game recently, and had a lot of progress just to lose all the hours i've put into the game. What a slap in the face. I've always played Warband and never had a issue like this.

Earlier today the game on the Xbox Series S updated from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0. So my game updated normally and it just popped up a windows and I loaded my save file, then after I played normally without any issues. Now it seems that the developers downgraded their update back to 1.0.3 and all my saves that were on the version 1.1.0 doesnt work anymore. I've got the game recently, and had a lot of progress just to lose all the hours i've put into the game. What a slap in the face. I've always played Warband and never had a issue like this.
I was just going to wait until they implemented the patch again, it seems that was the right choice

Absolutely screwed everyone. All of my saves are after the first update and now after the second update they are ALL corrupted. If I can't resume my campaign by tomorrow I'm not touching this game again. It's a fantastic game and I had a lot of fun playing it, but the fact I had to download 60gbs literally just to corrupt my save is horrible. And I'm sure as heck not about to grind smiting out again. Just a smidgen of communication goes a long way, Telltale.

It does not seem to me that FOW is optional, even though people complained about it and some proposed that it be optional.

I couldn't find anything about AI not leaving their Noble captives in dungeons, so players can attempt to break them out, improve relation with said nobles and gain Roguery skills.

GPU related crashes have been discussed in the past, going back to 2020 per google search. No real fix or idea why this is happening.

For console people who cant play their saves. It could be that TW reverted you back to 1.0.3 after 1.1.0 was a failure for you. Just be aware that you can go back in patches with saves but should almost always be able to go ahead in patches. So once 1.1.0 is fixed you "should" be able to play your saves again. Someone from TW should have said this instead of me. So just wait a bit for 1.1.0 to be available and I bet you will have our saves back.........I hope

To test this we need the map info for this. Even a picture of the location on the campaign map is enough for this.

They are different features. It is intended to be this way there is no bug in here.
As for communications, I can only talk for myself. I am responsible for the bug report section and we are trying our best to reply as much as we can in there. I believe that the communication in general will be better but again, I can only talk for myself.
streamed for 12 hours, as far as PC only 2 issues. in one battle the IA refused to use 2 sets of ladders, it appeared one guy want causing a pathing issue, but it was only 1 battle. The bigger issue was a fellow vassal was raiding a village and got attacked. I went in the join in and save him and I got no prisoners or loot screen. This was reported by someone else in my stream. But for 12 hours that was it. no negative relation issues, pausing, glitching bug or crashes. Granted this was PC, console people reported much worse.

Back
Top Bottom