Resolved How to find save files in Game Pass version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

manoe

Recruit
Summary: Hello, I have an issue with the game. I want to migrate my save files, but this path "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves" does not contain save files. It simply does not exist.
How to Reproduce: Install game with windows store and save game
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): na
Media (Screenshots & Video): na
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1660TI
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16gb

Game Pass games have their own save folder applied for all the games. This is something we don't have any control over. The save migration can be done but it is a little tricky.
You can find the save files in the folder below.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\TaleWorldsEntertainment.MountBladeIIBannerlord_mk53pm3ay0384\SystemAppData\wgs
Under this folder, you will find several folders. They are save files. You need to find the right file, add .sav to its end and it should work. Finding the correct folder and the correct file is a bit tricky. You need to try and fail until you find the right one.

Game Pass games have their own save folder applied for all the games. This is something we don't have any control over. The save migration can be done but it is a little tricky.
You can find the save files in the folder below.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\TaleWorldsEntertainment.MountBladeIIBannerlord_mk53pm3ay0384\SystemAppData\wgs
Under this folder, you will find several folders. They are save files. You need to find the right file, add .sav to its end and it should work. Finding the correct folder and the correct file is a bit tricky. You need to try and fail until you find the right one.
Hi! I found these files for my Game Pass save and tried copying them to the Steam save game location, but the Steam version of the game reports it as a "Corrupted Save" for every file I tried. Do the two versions use different save formats? And if so, is there any way you know of that I could migrate my save game over, whether through mods or console commands or something similar? Thank you!

EDIT: I got it to work! For people who find this thread from Google like I did: I opened a Steam save file and my Game Pass save file in a hex editor and noticed the Game Pass save file had 18 bytes of data at the very beginning that the Steam save file did not. Upon deleting these 18 bytes, the Steam version of the game recognized it as a valid save file. I loaded it up and poked around a few screens, everything looks good to me.

Last edited:
Hi! I found these files for my Game Pass save and tried copying them to the Steam save game location, but the Steam version of the game reports it as a "Corrupted Save" for every file I tried. Do the two versions use different save formats? And if so, is there any way you know of that I could migrate my save game over, whether through mods or console commands or something similar? Thank you!

EDIT: I got it to work! For people who find this thread from Google like I did: I opened a Steam save file and my Game Pass save file in a hex editor and noticed the Game Pass save file had 18 bytes of data at the very beginning that the Steam save file did not. Upon deleting these 18 bytes, the Steam version of the game recognized it as a valid save file. I loaded it up and poked around a few screens, everything looks good to me.
This worked!!

Very good work. It worked for me. I used "Hex Editor Neo" to edit the Save File. Easy to use, I recommend

In the opposite direction, it works about the same way, only more complicated: you need 2 saves, a donor xBox and steam that you will transfer. In the Hex Editor, open both and transfer all data from the steam save to the xbox starting from the 18th character.

Back
Top Bottom