Resolved PS4 (Not enough memory?) Game crashing every session. V 1.07

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4
Game mode
Sandbox
I am 57 "Game years" into this sandbox campaign. After loading my save game, I can get through about 3 battles before the game crashes. Most commonly the crash will occur while I'm taking the defeated lord prisoner. But if I manage to get past that stage, it may crash upon my next encounter with an enemy party even before any dialog begins, or by simply stopping at a town or village it may crash. Everything I'm seeing is pointing toward the unhappy conclusion that the PS4 simply doesn't have enough memory to handle this game. There doesn't seem to be a "corrupted save" issue at this time..though I did run into that about a month ago but was able to fix that with the online storage fix. Please tell me that the dev team are aware of these memory issues and have a plan to fix them.

We are constantly working on improvements related to save corruption and general performance. This might be because of the save file size limit on longer games. This is something we are currently working on.
Everything I'm seeing is pointing toward the unhappy conclusion that the PS4 simply doesn't have enough memory to handle this game.
This is sadly a reality that we can't offer support as in next generation consoles. We are working about this but I am not sure if there is any corners left that we can cut. Forwarding the issue to the team. Thank you for the report.

May I suggest then that I should be refunded the 50 dollars that I spent on this game? A game that developers should have known would perform this poorly on a platform that they released it for? Please direct me to the place where I can get my refund. I was holding out hope that something could be done to fix the memory issues, but from your response I can see now that all hope is lost.

I am 57 "Game years" into this sandbox campaign. After loading my save game, I can get through about 3 battles before the game crashes. Most commonly the crash will occur while I'm taking the defeated lord prisoner. But if I manage to get past that stage, it may crash upon my next encounter with an enemy party even before any dialog begins, or by simply stopping at a town or village it may crash. Everything I'm seeing is pointing toward the unhappy conclusion that the PS4 simply doesn't have enough memory to handle this game. There doesn't seem to be a "corrupted save" issue at this time..though I did run into that about a month ago but was able to fix that with the online storage fix. Please tell me that the dev team are aware of these memory issues and have a plan to fix them.
I've had this ame for months and this issue had lingered, this game isn't meant for ps4 but they sold it anyway, I bought digitally and asked for a refund, ps "support" asked me to check the Internet, go somewhere else check the Internet, format my ps4 etc before they could even think about refunding me, all of which I generally don't have time to do it.

I have been told "there are fixes coming" for months, and every update or fix either makes the game worse or fixes nothing, I'm sure selling the game on ps4 at least was nothing short of a scam personally, selling a long time fan a broken product is infuriating, but this seems to be a normal thing in the games industry these days.

The update seems to have fixed the crashing issues that I was having. Have been playing quite a bit and not one crash since update. My confidence in the developement team is restored. Great job! At this time we can consider this issue resolved. I'm guessing that the changes made to the save game file size is primarily what fixed the problems I was having._.As suggested by the moderator in this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom