Do hero lords use the discard weapons and armor for experience feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
Would like to know this before I pick the perk for a companion that is running their own party. If they use this feature then it would greatly help them increase their troop quality I suppose.

So, does anybody know if the AI use this feature?

Thanks.

Someone correct if I'm wrong but AI does not receive battle loot - it is instantly transformed into gold.
This would be very good to know. I suspect that you're right, but AI party leaders do gain trade xp, so either they're selling something, or they just get the trade xp automatically when the loot is transformed into gold

@Dejan Anyone got an answer for this?

I know that back when I used a better loot for raiding mod, parties that raided high valued settlements got slowed down, so they were carrying trade goods at least.

This would be very good to know. I suspect that you're right, but AI party leaders do gain trade xp, so either they're selling something, or they just get the trade xp automatically when the loot is transformed into gold
Lords keep enough money to sustain the party and give the extra to clan leader, that's how they gain trade xp.
Just start a new game and give via console comands give_gold_to_all_heroes, pick a companion and make a party with him or search for a low level wife after some days to test it.

There is a way to test this. Make ten companions, use mods to be able to have ten parties. Give five companions discard skills and five without. Put them in your army and fight for a few days. Check on their troops. If the five parties with discard perks have better troops then this feature works on NPCs.

They don't use the perk and you can't make them. It's only useful if they're your own quartermaster. Otherwise flip it to the efficient campaign perk to save them some $ when you make them a clan leader.

Back
Top Bottom