How about a rest mechanism for troops

Users who are viewing this thread

The soldiers of Calradia are just like combat robots instead of humans, they can march day and night without any complaint. I think it's a good idea that troops need a break in a castle or some entertainment in a town for 1 day after a long-time march such as 14 days or 21 days. And if the leader didn't meet the need for rest, the morale of the party will reduce just like the debuff for low food variety. This mechanism can make castles more important especially the castles which are near the border, because wandering in a hostile territory won't be an easy thing since that, and parties must have a rest in the castle after they get back to their homeland.

We also need more interaction with companions and soldiers. For example, if player decided to forgive the citizen of a town after a successful siege, the merciful companions should have a conversation with player and express their agreement of player's decision, but the deputy of soldiers such as the cruel companions/senior soldier will show their upset by another conversation. A face-to-face complaint is better than a simple text"morale-15". The conversation which started by deputy of soldiers also should occur when the morale's debuffs(starving, low food variety, etc) last a long time but player ignores it, this can be a type of tutorials. It's better that player can persuades the deputy of soldiers just like the debate in "Family Feud", if player won the debate, the reduction of morale scale to -2 from -5 and player's leadership or charm get improved, but it seems like too complicate to TW programmer.

And the feasts, since TW implemented a Fog of War feature for heroes, a feast is a good chance to meet the nobles.

Last edited:
This is what the "wounded" feature is for. It makes it beneficial for parties to rest in settlements after a big fight.

I would not want a rest feature on top of all that, it would just make things tedious.

+1 on feasts.

This is what the "wounded" feature is for. It makes it beneficial for parties to rest in settlements after a big fight.

I would not want a rest feature on top of all that, it would just make things tedious.

+1 on feasts.
Glad they fixed that weight gain calculation a while back - my character always got fat visiting a town for a day or two just to recover wounds.

+1 on feasts.
I agree that I wouldn't want the game to "force" the player to rest, but I would like to see your party morale increasingly decrease over time if your troops have been marching without visiting a town (or being in a siege camp). But in order to not be too tedious, the game should give the player 3-5 days of leeway of not visiting a town and the morale penalty should reach its maximum of -15 at day 18-20 of not visiting a town. Also, bandit troops should be exempt from needing to visit towns.

I think a way to make this work would be having parties automatically stop moving at night, and then the player can intentionally break camp early or apply a setting to disable autocamping. Then you start to lose party morale the longer you do it. It could solve the whole "12.1 vs 12.0 speed" debacle where you traverse the entire globe to catch a few looters, since the party with higher morale would be able to sacrifice some of it to catch other parties at night. You often read about battles decided by attacking a camp at night.

I agree that I wouldn't want the game to "force" the player to rest, but I would like to see your party morale increasingly decrease over time if your troops have been marching without visiting a town (or being in a siege camp). But in order to not be too tedious, the game should give the player 3-5 days of leeway of not visiting a town and the morale penalty should reach its maximum of -15 at day 18-20 of not visiting a town. Also, bandit troops should be exempt from needing to visit towns.
The leeway is what the interaction is about. If your persuasion worked, there is leeway, and your leadership get improved. The lack of interaction is one of the reasons why Bannerlord is not immersive as Warband.

The leeway is what the interaction is about. If your persuasion worked, there is leeway, and your leadership get improved. The lack of interaction is one of the reasons why Bannerlord is not immersive as Warband.
I wouldn't exactly call convincing your companion to get less morale penalty for starving your soldiers or marching them for days immersive. You're right that the game needs more interaction with companions, lords and family members in general.

I think a way to make this work would be having parties automatically stop moving at night, and then the player can intentionally break camp early or apply a setting to disable autocamping. Then you start to lose party morale the longer you do it. It could solve the whole "12.1 vs 12.0 speed" debacle where you traverse the entire globe to catch a few looters, since the party with higher morale would be able to sacrifice some of it to catch other parties at night. You often read about battles decided by attacking a camp at night.I
I did think about the camp in night indeed, but I'm afraid it's too hardcore to get everyone's support

Last edited:
Since there are only 90 days in a "year" and all 4 seasons occur in it, we can presume that every day in-game is interspersed by 3 off-days during which the soldiers rest, fix their gear, and do all the other necessary tasks that this game doesn't portray :razz:

More seriously, a Viking Conquest-style rest system could make things more immersive and prevent silliness like marching straight through enemy territory fearing nothing because your speed is 0.1 higher than any enemy lords, but they'd have to make the "years" a little longer to accomadate it.

The soldiers of Calradia are just like combat robots instead of humans, they can march day and night without any complaint. I think it's a good idea that troops need a break in a castle or some entertainment in a town for 1 day after a long-time march such as 14 days or 21 days. And if the leader didn't meet the need for rest, the morale of the party will reduce just like the debuff for low food variety. This mechanism can make castles more important especially the castles which are near the border, because wandering in a hostile territory won't be an easy thing since that, and parties must have a rest in the castle after they get back to their homeland.

We also need more interaction with companions and soldiers. For example, if player decided to forgive the citizen of a town after a successful siege, the merciful companions should have a conversation with player and express their agreement of player's decision, but the deputy of soldiers such as the cruel companions/senior soldier will show their upset by another conversation. A face-to-face complaint is better than a simple text"morale-15". The conversation which started by deputy of soldiers also should occur when the morale's debuffs(starving, low food variety, etc) last a long time but player ignores it, this can be a type of tutorials. It's better that player can persuades the deputy of soldiers just like the debate in "Family Feud", if player won the debate, the reduction of morale scale to -2 from -5 and player's leadership or charm get improved, but it seems like too complicate to TW programmer.

And the feasts, since TW implemented a Fog of War feature for heroes, a feast is a good chance to meet the nobles.
I disagree they love partying

I think some sort morale and camps system would be great, if you force march the soldiers they get low morale and some indicator of "tiredness" telling you when to camp, specially at night

Back
Top Bottom