Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Bug Report - Confused/Idle Looters.
Today I started a new game (version BETA 1.1.0) and noticed strange behavior by Looters. Currently, I'm leveling up my character's Athletic skills, so every time I encounter Looters I get off the horse and throw Javelins on Looters (unmounted), when the Looters come closer to me I mount again and run away from them (mounted) a little further, then get off the horse and throw Javelins again and repeat this again and again until I run out of Javelins, and you know what? During these procedures when I repeatedly get on/off the horse, about half of Looters stop acting. They just get confused and stay do nothing and I can easily kill them. Another half those who are closer to me they keep running on my trying to kill (which is ok).
Those Looters who stop acting they resume their action when I mount the horse again, with a little delay though. I have never seen this bug in version 1.0.3. This is something that came with BETA 1.1.0.
I don't know if this bug happens with other enemies (See Raiders, Enemy Army). My character is too weak to fight them, so maybe this bug is valid for other AI groups.

Ok here are steps to reproduce the bug:
1) Start a new SandBox game.
2) Encounter Looters your character must be mounted.
3) At the middle distance from Looters dismount the horse.
4) Attack Looters with Javelins.
5) When Looters are too close mount the horse and run away.
6) At middle distance dismount and attack Looters again (with Javelins).
7) Repeat these and you most likely will catch the bug (Confused/Idle Looters).

This happend to me several times in 2 hours game session.

Today I started a new game (version BETA 1.1.0) and noticed strange behavior by Looters. Currently, I'm leveling up my character's Athletic skills, so every time I encounter Looters I get off the horse and throw Javelins on Looters (unmounted), when the Looters come closer to me I mount again and run away from them (mounted) a little further, then get off the horse and throw Javelins again and repeat this again and again until I run out of Javelins, and you know what? During these procedures when I repeatedly get on/off the horse, about half of Looters stop acting. They just get confused and stay do nothing and I can easily kill them. Another half those who are closer to me they keep running on my trying to kill (which is ok).
Those Looters who stop acting they resume their action when I mount the horse again, with a little delay though. I have never seen this bug in version 1.0.3. This is something that came with BETA 1.1.0.
I don't know if this bug happens with other enemies (See Raiders, Enemy Army). My character is too weak to fight them, so maybe this bug is valid for other AI groups.

If you're still playing beta, have you noticed that wanderers are disappearing at a high rate? I never remember losing wanderers before level 20 but with the betas I've tried they start dying right away and 20+% are gone by then. This is the last major beta issue for me. I'll probably try the latest patch now to see.

I mean NPCs not player. there's a chance that NPCs wear female skirts when they grow up which I think is not intended. What makes it worse is that they have breasts.
Makes it worse? In your opinion man. I'm riding that **** all day deadass

:wink:
Can you please look at this and inform the Bug report team of the no renown or influence gained if you assist the AI in battle. They said they cant replicate it after I explained it, sent a save file and here is video proof of it. For some reason they just can't understand

@Duh_TaleWorlds was wondering about something regarding the Alley mechanics. Is it just me, or those gang leaders, who have good relations with me, attack my alleys not as that often, as those, who have negative relation with my PC?

P.S. Fix clone children please!

If you're still playing beta, have you noticed that wanderers are disappearing at a high rate? I never remember losing wanderers before level 20 but with the betas I've tried they start dying right away and 20+% are gone by then. This is the last major beta issue for me. I'll probably try the latest patch now to see.
No I have not dealt with wanderers yet in my fresh playthrough. But if I understood correctly from the patch notes, wanderers no longer teleport from town to town, hence they travel on their own feet and most likely killed by looters and bandits. This may explain why they disappear.

No I have not dealt with wanderers yet in my fresh playthrough. But if I understood correctly from the patch notes, wanderers no longer teleport from town to town, hence they travel on their own feet and most likely killed by looters and bandits. This may explain why they disappear.
What?

Update:
It is enough to get off your horse in the battle with Looters. I just reproduced this bug again. At the beginning of battle I dismounted and 5 of 9 Looters just stopped moving, I killed other 4 active looters and those 5 frozen looters were just staying like nothing is happening just watching how their comrades die. Even if you attack them with Bow or Javelin they don't react. Only if you come close to them or mount your horse they resume moving/acting.

Update 2:
This bug is valid for Sea Riders too. 1 of 13 sea riders stopped acting once I dismounted my horse.

Please fix this.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can confirm this. My current playthrough at Day: 30, and already 4 wanderers are dead. I checked their profiles in the Encyclopedia, only records are "Last seen near ...", there are no info on how they died.

Yeah, I can confirm this. My current playthrough at Day: 30, and already 4 wanderers are dead. I checked their profiles in the Encyclopedia, only records are "Last seen near ...", there are no info on how they died.
Thanks. I've been playing a few hours and see the same thing. At day 77, 4 of the 9 Battanian wanderers are dead. I guess it's back to main. :sad:

Thanks. I've been playing a few hours and see the same thing. At day 77, 4 of the 9 Battanian wanderers are dead. I guess it's back to main. :sad:
BTW, I noticed that the dead wanderers are being replaced by new wanderers. Not sure if they are in the same faction as the dead ones, but its better than nothing. :smile:

BTW, I noticed that the dead wanderers are being replaced by new wanderers. Not sure if they are in the same faction as the dead ones, but its better than nothing. :smile:
That may be the intent in the new version, judging by some dev remarks from two weeks ago or so. Not sure I like that but it would be nice if it could be confirmed. At least then one could develop a strategy to work around it.

That may be the intent in the new version, judging by some dev remarks from two weeks ago or so. Not sure I like that but it would be nice if it could be confirmed. At least then one could develop a strategy to work around it.
It's intended that they are replaced at that rate. It's not intended for the "dead" ones to be visible in the encyclopedia - from what I understand. The high rate is, in part, simply to fix existing save games that may suffer from a poor distribution of wanderers (unhired companions).

It's intended that they are replaced at that rate. It's not intended for the "dead" ones to be visible in the encyclopedia - from what I understand. The high rate is, in part, simply to fix existing save games that may suffer from a poor distribution of wanderers (unhired companions).
OK, thanks for the explanation. I think I get it now. So, fixing the encyclopedia will put the changes in the background but not revert them to 1.0.3 status.

Back
Top Bottom