Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds maybe you could help with this?
The sally out ambush option checks the following
  • The player is inside the besieged settlement.
  • Siege camp preparations are done.
  • 24h cooldown starts
    • During cooldown, tooltip on the Harass the Siege Camp option “The enemy is alert, you cannot harass their siege camp right now.”
  • After cooldown, the player can click on Harass the Siege Camp anytime as long as,
    • The player character is not wounded (due to starvation etc)
      • If not, Tooltip: “You cannot harass the enemy siege camp right now due to your wounds.”
    • The besiegers have at least 1 ready siege engine
      • If not, Tooltip: “The enemy does not have any vulnerabilities.”
    • The settlement is not breached
      • If breached, Tooltip: “You cannot harass the siege camp because the settlement walls are breached.”
    • The besiegers are not attacked by another party
      • If attacked, “The enemies are already engaged in battle.
After attacking the 24h cooldown restarts.

I just don't think it's a good practice to have 2 branches working simultaneously while making your community test for you in a released game. They do pay attention to bug reports (and take their time with some, a lot of time but they do solve them), but on the other hand they don't pay a lot of attention to suggestions with a few exception. It's not that it's not for me, I just don't think it's good

dude, mods take TIME to update and be compatible.

if there is no beta steam will force the release version down our throats full of bugs and mods will not work. so with every new patch, we won't be able to play the game for a week or two.

its obvious what is wrong with you?

dude, mods take TIME to update and be compatible.

if there is no beta steam will force the release version down our throats full of bugs and mods will not work. so with every new patch, we won't be able to play the game for a week or two.

its obvious what is wrong with you?
... in what part did I said that the beta should be the main branch? What I mean is that the beta work shouldnt be out, they should work on it in house.

... in what part did I said that the beta should be the main branch? What I mean is that the beta work shouldnt be out, they should work on it in house.

And how many years would you want to wait between patches/updates? It's not like they got hundreds of people sitting there like trained chimps and testing the game day out and day in.

• 24h cooldown starts
    • During cooldown, tooltip on the Harass the Siege Camp option “The enemy is alert, you cannot harass their siege camp right now.”
  • After cooldown, the player can click on Harass the Siege Camp anytime as long as,
      • If not, Tooltip: “You cannot harass the enemy siege camp right now due to your wounds.”
      • If breached, Tooltip: “You cannot harass the siege camp because the settlement walls are breached.”
Thanks for the detailed info.

What I mean is that the beta work shouldnt be out, they should work on it in house.
tw: warhammer has beta branches. last updated in november and its published by sega. they have a forum aswell. you might want to spread your horrible takes there too so we can double the fun.

• 24h cooldown starts
Aha, so there is a cooldown. I didn't know that. Thank you for the detailed answer :smile:

I don't get your logic here. Nobody is forcing anyone to play the 1.1 Beta, and if someone else enjoys playing the beta and finding the bugs, what gives you the right to say, "no, stop having fun"?

The whole point of a beta is letting the community test it at scale and find everything that the internal playtesters couldn't (as well as give modders a grace period to update everything), and if other players want to opt-in and test it out, who cares?

I don't get your logic here. Nobody is forcing anyone to play the 1.1 Beta, and if someone else enjoys playing the beta and finding the bugs, what gives you the right to say, "no, stop having fun"?

The whole point of a beta is letting the community test it at scale and find everything that the internal playtesters couldn't (as well as give modders a grace period to update everything), and if other players want to opt-in and test it out, who cares?
Internal-only 'betas' have long been gone from the industry for ~20 years now, especially since you don't need a CD to play/install/update games anymore.
Whether TW or developers take heed of the feedback from those betas, another matter entirely (pre- or post-launches).

You're taking it too personal man, and thus missing my point
What would you rather TW do? I'm not sure what the point is from reading up. (EDIT: Not a good habit of mine to try entering a conversation with days-old memory of what was said before lol).

It's not great to crutch on the community to do your play-testing for free, but it beats the alternatives that I'm aware of, like just uploading the patch and forcing most players to become beta testers whether they like it or not or spending (who knows how long) to update the game at a snail's pace. Even breaking out the pocket-book to pay for professional play-testers might be going too slow or not be thorough enough, and I have no idea what TW can afford. I think it's an "okay" system as it is since I don't have to worry about an update breaking my game like I do with other constantly-in-development games like the Sims 4 (where I have no idea if the game will even be playable if I download the latest patch lol, it really can be that bad!) while I can be sure post-development continues at a steady pace.

Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of post-developments even being a thing since I have no idea how the game could change over months or years, and I might feel like a sucker if I just play now when I know there's a major content update right around the corner. I can't say I want to trade in my memories and fun times of playing Bannerlord, but I can say it's much more ethical to release a finished, clean game than to release a game only to clean it up later or an unfinished game and continually update it and clean it.

I am not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, I didn't see it as I scrolled through the comments. Is there a time line/ or estimated time when this will be out of the beta and pushed to pc and then consoles?

I am not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, I didn't see it as I scrolled through the comments. Is there a time line/ or estimated time when this will be out of the beta and pushed to pc and then consoles?
No. But if you look at the history of previous patches and their betas, it's roughly 1-3 weeks (maybe a month for the biggest ones) depending on complexity. So... soon.

My guess? By the end of this week or next week, but when it'll be is when it'll be. If you see bug reports along the lines of "auto-calculations no longer work properly" then that probably means later rather than sooner because there's also a verification period they have to go through with Sony and Microsoft since they can't simply click a button to send out the final version of the patch; it has a several day delay (from what I understand/can tell).

EDIT: Has anybody noticed the discrepancy between facial hair icons and facial hairs in character customization? Is that a bug or a feature? I'm skeptical the pringles mustache is only ever supposed to have a goatee and never be alone.

No. But if you look at the history of previous patches and their betas, it's roughly 1-3 weeks (maybe a month for the biggest ones) depending on complexity. So... soon.

My guess? By the end of this week or next week, but when it'll be is when it'll be. If you see bug reports along the lines of "auto-calculations no longer work properly" then that probably means later rather than sooner because there's also a verification period they have to go through with Sony and Microsoft since they can't simply click a button to send out the final version of the patch; it has a several day delay (from what I understand/can tell).

EDIT: Has anybody noticed the discrepancy between facial hair icons and facial hairs in character customization? Is that a bug or a feature? I'm skeptical the pringles mustache is only ever supposed to have a goatee and never be alone.

If you keep tabs on the support/bug forum. People reporting bugs and issues doesn't always make it easy for TW either. I see cases get set as resolved because the OP doesn't reach back to TW with info/feedback they ask for. Which in turn doesn't necessary make the issue resolved at all. Will always be things that slip through the cracks.

If you keep tabs on the support/bug forum. People reporting bugs and issues doesn't always make it easy for TW either. I see cases get set as resolved because the OP doesn't reach back to TW with info/feedback they ask for. Which in turn doesn't necessary make the issue resolved at all. Will always be things that slip through the cracks.
Yeah, I feared that. Thankfully, I found they have a thread which says "Known Issues" and "missing beards" is one of them; not exactly the same issue but close enough that it's likely it. I mean, all they have to do is try to investigate where the beards are at to come across the discrepancy, so surely they'll get around to it eventually.

I mean, all the Vlandian pringles dudes are going to be sore in the meanwhile, but surely the pringles will return lol.

Yeah, I feared that. Thankfully, I found they have a thread which says "Known Issues" and "missing beards" is one of them; not exactly the same issue but close enough that it's likely it. I mean, all they have to do is try to investigate where the beards are at to come across the discrepancy, so surely they'll get around to it eventually.

I mean, all the Vlandian pringles dudes are going to be sore in the meanwhile, but surely the pringles will return lol.

I figured it's just natural for Vlandia to grow those mutton chops and more.. Their fascination with Sturgia in every campaign I start must be due to some serious beard envy ;p

I figured it's just natural for Vlandia to grow those mutton chops and more.. Their fascination with Sturgia in every campaign I start must be due to some serious beard envy ;p
Maybe! :razz: Lord Sir Pringles and the Knot-Braid Boyar-Jarls lol. Though the real beardlords are the Khuzaits! :Monchug Khan Emoji if one exists!:

I'm still new (only completed my first playthrough to unification a few weeks ago, waiting on patch for PS4 before continuing) so I'm not sure what map trends to expect yet lol but I would not be surprised if Vlandia is consistently dominant just because they have a very secure location that's easy to attack from and easy to rescue.

• 24h cooldown starts
Firstly, Devs, thanks for all of your After - Sales Service !

Reading this just piqued my interest.
" The besiegers are not attacked by another party " - conversely, of course, this is, always was, the ideal time to sally out !
Should we not join that battle, deploying in the rear of the enemy when they have turned to engage the relief force ?
There are so many examples, and lessons, re this throughout History, right up to Paulus in Stalingrad !
It should in fact be the opportune tactical moment to hold on for - would you consider improving your siege modelling in this way, please ?

Last edited:
Maybe! :razz: Lord Sir Pringles and the Knot-Braid Boyar-Jarls lol. Though the real beardlords are the Khuzaits! :Monchug Khan Emoji if one exists!:

I'm still new (only completed my first playthrough to unification a few weeks ago, waiting on patch for PS4 before continuing) so I'm not sure what map trends to expect yet lol but I would not be surprised if Vlandia is consistently dominant just because they have a very secure location that's easy to attack from and easy to rescue.
Vlandia is also strong because they start with more clans than other factions.

Back
Top Bottom