Unban MostBlunted one month after release of Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Not gonna lie, I'm glad MostBlunted is gone. His toxicity, while amusing at first, got rather boring pretty quickly. Some of his criticism was very much legitimate and warranted, but a lot of his posting was not, and only worked to further inflame threads and make the forum more negative than it needed to be.
+1. I was literally going to write this.

Gauging the community's feelings, yup. With a poll. Y'know, I like statistics. Not just quirky and interesting facts or oddball applications of stats like sabermetrics (pardon the pun), but the mathematical theory of it, methodology, and interpretation of data. One of the things you learn about early on when studying statistical methods is sampling bias. There's a quote I always get a chuckle out of regarding sampling bias, and it goes something like "survey responses are all biased because they only come from people willing to complete surveys." It's said like a joke, but it's not wrong, either, especially when it comes to controversial or emotionally-charged issues. People who feel strongly about something are usually more willing to put themselves out there, while those who aren't as invested are less likely to participate in the survey. I think you get where I'm going with this, so we're not gonna beat that dead horse anymore.

Let's move on to the interpretation part of statistics. Identifying and measuring trends in data is the core of applying statistics, because that is how you generate knowledge which can inform future decisions. If you can't do that with statistics, then you're not really accomplishing anything with your data. As an exercise, I'm going to show you the data I have and you can tell me if there are any identifiable trends in it. Here you go:
lRHie34.png

We're all on the same page now, with the pertinent information right in front of us. We're just here to gauge the community's feelings and not to try steering moderation policy through populism, right? So, I'm curious how the community feels about the information I have provided, and if they think that perhaps we were too lenient in this case.
This is all very good, but banning MostBlunted isn't making the devs answer our 1827368392 threads about NPCs being boring and dull, and the world being as alive as a lettuce. At least Most Blunted filled the forums with very spiteful comments and made the forums a fun place to be! Terco Viejo isn't coming around a lot anymore lately with his very funny images, now we must rely on what? Lucius can't make enough glorifying Bannerlord threads for us to argue in

Most Blunted, was exactly like what was in his name, blunt and actively breaking forum rules.

Mostblunted helped keep the forum alive, if he's really banned then it should be lifted ASAP

If keeping the forum alive meant to consistently troll and flame, then I'd rather have a dead forum. Pretty sure I warned him a few times back when I was mod

Most Blunted, was exactly like what was in his name, blunt and actively breaking forum rules.

If keeping the forum alive meant to consistently troll and flame, then I'd rather have a dead forum. Pretty sure I warned him a few times back when I was mod
i got the impression he had real love for the franchise. a hardcore fan

This is all very good, but banning MostBlunted isn't making the devs answer our 1827368392 threads about NPCs being boring and dull, and the world being as alive as a lettuce.
Well then I suppose it's a good thing that that's not the goal of banning someone from the forum now isn't it.

There is nothing I know of or can imagine that can accomplish what you are talking about, short of hopping on a time machine and bringing back the Armagan who used to be super excited about the early version of the first Mount and Blade and share things with people in the old forum. If you could bring that guy maybe he'd have a chat with the new one and then, who knows.

The game is what it is. Accept it, grieve, move on, don't give your money to this company in the future. That's all you can do as a customer.

Back
Top Bottom