Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Usually, the game would prompt you to upload after a crash - during this process it will also provide you with the ID that is associated with your upload.
Ah, that never happens. The screen says "Paused". The bottom bar is half displayed. And everything is locked up. I can't even alt-tab out of the game. I need to power off the computer.

Ah, that never happens. The screen says "Paused". The bottom bar is half displayed. And everything is locked up. I can't even alt-tab out of the game. I need to power off the computer.
Are you using any mod?

If not try to uninstall the game, delete all game files manually and reinstall.

When u release any of lords as prisoner in your kingdom from the battle on field, the relation with that lord will reduce 2147483647 as shown (-100 after confirm), it seems like something wrong with codes.

Last edited:
do u know if they’ll be playable bandit bases in the future there need to be more crime activity there r no games that do what this game does and if u need an idea on smuggling well I’m sure Rome I mean imperial lol 😝 would’ve outlawed hallucinogenic mushrooms

We haven't experienced this in our internal tests, so my speculation is that it may be a combination of some changes that may create such an impression
  • Wanderers update (aka despawn/respawn or kill/resurrect) with a 20% daily chance for it to occur once. So every 5 days 1 wanderer dies. The dead wanderers are not displayed in the encyclopedia. The main purpose of this is to ensure a useful distribution of wanderers in the world.
  • The game moves 4 wanderers / day. (This isn't new.)
  • The enyclopedia now hides information for unmet characters.
@Ananda_The_Destroyer
I also saw your video on renown issues. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce the issue myself after the latest hotfix. Tried with a new game, save game, cheats, no cheats, looters and other bandits. If you gained any additional insight on why it may be occurring for you, please let me know.
I have been trying other bandits (mountain, sea) and so far no luck, might post a video later. However @Flesson19 says that after some days he begins to get renown normally so I will probably try later to just play longer and see. All my attempts so far have been in the first 1-2 days or so of the game. This give me an idea though: In the tutorial you do not receive the renown gain message at all when defeating the rhadogos raiders (nor can you access the clan menu), perhaps the game has blocked receiving renown for sandbox and skipping the tutorial too (as if you were in the tutorial portion) and then re-checks it after some time and begins accepting renown normally? I'll try playing longer later and see when/how I begin gaining renown.

I have been trying other bandits (mountain, sea) and so far no luck, might post a video later. However @Flesson19 says that after some days he begins to get renown normally so I will probably try later to just play longer and see. All my attempts so far have been in the first 1-2 days or so of the game. This give me an idea though: In the tutorial you do not receive the renown gain message at all when defeating the rhadogos raiders (nor can you access the clan menu), perhaps the game has blocked receiving renown for sandbox and skipping the tutorial too (as if you were in the tutorial portion) and then re-checks it after some time and begins accepting renown normally? I'll try playing longer later and see when/how I begin gaining renown.
Interesting idea. Did you skip the tutorial in your game? I did.

After the stream today we discovered a major bug in not gaining renown or influence when you assist or the Ai assists you in battle along with other issues @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan

vader.jpg

After the stream today we discovered a major bug in not gaining renown or influence when you assist or the Ai assists you in battle along with other issues @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan

Yeah I think it's either time, or like you say a hidden amount that must be gained. Today I started a campaign and played the the tutorial battles, you gain no renown during it (it doesn't say you get any either though). I finished the tutorial on summer 2 and didn't fight any enemies until summer 8, on which I did get renown normally.

I also cannot get the option to finalize a marriage or arrange a marriage for my character, although the brother received a marriage proposal remotely as normal. I see nothing about marriage in the patch or hotfix though.

Since Friday's patch, I've been expericing a pretty consistent crash/lockup. When exiting a battle, the computer will just freeze. The only option is to power down. I've created a ticket with the save file.

It's rough because the changes in the beta branch are pretty great. It's hard going back to the release branch.
+1 Getting fairly consistent hard crashes normally towards to the end of battles. Game locks up and no crash notification appears - makes it hard to report.

The peculiar thing is that @fragonard shared a save game with me where he does not receive renown in the upcoming battle - yet I do when I load it and fight. Going from 5 -> 8. This is me playing on steam btw - not an internal compile.
1674380520426.png

Usually, the game would prompt you to upload after a crash - during this process it will also provide you with the ID that is associated with your upload.
A little bit more information here. It's locking up not just exiting a battle, but also exiting the trade view, exiting a town.
I was doing some monitoring of the GPU temperature, and playing on the release branch, the GPU (Nvidia M1200) settles in around 84C and holds there. On the beta branch, the temperature quickly ramps up above 90C, which is seemingly when the lockups are occurring.

A little bit more information here. It's locking up not just exiting a battle, but also exiting the trade view, exiting a town.
I was doing some monitoring of the GPU temperature, and playing on the release branch, the GPU (Nvidia M1200) settles in around 84C and holds there. On the beta branch, the temperature quickly ramps up above 90C, which is seemingly when the lockups are occurring.
I'll keep testing, but it definitely seems like it's temperature related. Turning vsync on stablizes the temp when running the release branch at 82C. So far, with vsync on, the beta branch is holding in the lower 80s also (though it did spike to 90 sitting in the main menu). I'll keep playing the beta branch and see if vsync continues to help.

Back
Top Bottom