Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Shame. This was the first update in a long time that actually drew my attention. We can now technically own alleyways which means we run gangs, but as another user stated, its shallow.
The alleys system could certainly be tweaked in the numbers, I will agree with that. It is too low risk (daily crime gain is too low) and too low reward (income gained is too low).

But saying it's shallow is a bit unfair. Keep in mind that Bannerlord is a game which is enormously broad. It covers the genres of RPG-lite, RTT-lite, grand strat-lite, hack n'slash, and trading sim.

TW aren't genies with unlimited ability to do anything we want. All of these different genres of the game cannot all be deep.

We should criticise TW when they don't do what they were supposed to, and support them when they did what they were supposed to. This is one of those times.
Is the point of adding this just to say they technically have the option so they can cross it off their list?
The point of adding it is that they showed it in a demo back in 2016, and some people (me included) repeatedly pressured them to include it as it was shown then.

That's why they did it. Personally, I'm happy with that.

Last edited:
Interesting. This looks like it may be a complex problem. No go for me. I verified files and 15 were reacquired which made me immediately feel hopeful but there was no change.
Actually to me i think the new fog of war is more in the way then bugged renown. I did take on alot of bandits. But i do remember i checked the first group of bandits i took on. And those gave me one renown. I can try it again and more count the renown before i go back to a version with no fog of war.

I have seen several people report that wanderers rapidly disappearing as the game goes on
We haven't experienced this in our internal tests, so my speculation is that it may be a combination of some changes that may create such an impression
  • Wanderers update (aka despawn/respawn or kill/resurrect) with a 20% daily chance for it to occur once. So every 5 days 1 wanderer dies. The dead wanderers are not displayed in the encyclopedia. The main purpose of this is to ensure a useful distribution of wanderers in the world.
  • The game moves 4 wanderers / day. (This isn't new.)
  • The enyclopedia now hides information for unmet characters.
@Ananda_The_Destroyer
I also saw your video on renown issues. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce the issue myself after the latest hotfix. Tried with a new game, save game, cheats, no cheats, looters and other bandits. If you gained any additional insight on why it may be occurring for you, please let me know.

It would be better if they wouldn´t move from the east of the world map to the west of the world map. Sometimes it´s really annoying when you know they´re in town X and then you arrive a short time later just to see that they teleported to the other end of the world in 1 day.

In my playthrough I was down to 4 or 5 empire wanderers in total. 3 of them already in my clan. (no mods)

Last edited:
It would be better if they wouldn´t move from the east of the world map to the west of the world map. Sometimes it´s really annoying when you know they´re in town X and then you arrive a short time later just to see that they teleported to the other end of the world in 1 day.

In my playthrough I was down to 4 or 5 empire wanderers in total. 3 of them already in my clan. (no mods)
Yeah it would be great if they'd move from one town to the next (nearest) rather than teleporting halfway across the world.

• Wanderers update (aka despawn/respawn or kill/resurrect) with a 20% daily chance for it to occur once. So every 5 days 1 wanderer dies. The dead wanderers are not displayed in the encyclopedia. The main purpose of this is to ensure a useful distribution of wanderers in the world.
I mean this is probably the biggest reason? I don't even know or understand why this is a thing. So if I understand correctly, with 1.1, the initial wanderer spawns are largely the same as before but wanderer switch out much more regularly so that after a while there will be more variety? Or is this like how the game simulates 1 year of economy before the game starts? Is there a specific reason why there can't be a large variety of wanderers at the start that switch out less often?

If anything, it would be sooooo much better if there were a large variety and number of wanderers at the start which lord parties (maybe only tier 5+ ones?) could also hire a few in their parties as well as a few wanderers (5-6 at a time maybe) that would form their own warbands that act as single-party minor factions or adventurers that visit villages & towns to complete quests. This would bring a TON of life into the game and companions (I know this isn't something that you can add by snapping your fingers, this is more of a wish list than anything).

Last edited:
I figured rapidly disappearing meant more frequent than switching out 1 wanderer / 5 days.
Truth be told, I haven't tested 1.1 as long or much in depth besides the newly added mechanics, so I'm not even sure at the rate this happens to players. 1 wanderer / 5 days sounds really fast though.

Oh by the way, I apologize if my tone sounded too rude in the reply, English is not my first language and I still can't portray tone in writing as accurately as I want. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, especially at a Saturday.

Oh by the way, I apologize if my tone sounded too rude in the reply, English is not my first language and I still can't portray tone in writing as accurately as I want. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, especially at a Saturday.
No worries. I just don't have the insight on this particular decision beyond - it was decided not to increase the number of wanderers. Hence, a higher frequency of updating (kill/respawn) them to ensure a reasonable time frame to resolve any issues in distribution.

If player was the ruler of a kingdom,the armies of player's kingdom won't donate any garrison when they occupy a settlement successfully,just because the settlement belongs to player before the vote of ownership was accomplished.I feedbacked once but you ignored it.

We haven't experienced this in our internal tests, so my speculation is that it may be a combination of some changes that may create such an impression
  • The enyclopedia now hides information for unmet characters.
@Ananda_The_Destroyer
I also saw your video on renown issues. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce the issue myself after the latest hotfix. Tried with a new game, save game, cheats, no cheats, looters and other bandits. If you gained any additional insight on why it may be occurring for you, please let me know.
It's a bit disturbing that you don't see this issue because if you can't see it, you can't fix it. Could it be correlated with the birth/death module? I have it enabled in my game.

It's a bit disturbing that you don't see this issue because if you can't see it, you can't fix it. Could it be correlated with the birth/death module? I have it enabled in my game.
I was able to reproduce it prior to the latest hotfix to beta (on friday). But I dont experience it now. I was curious if maybe it didn't properly update for Ananda. Due to a scene crash fix the patch should be pretty sizable (~12-14gb). Are you still experiencing an issue with gaining renown after this update as well?

I've tried two new saves with 1.1.0.10414, one with and one without the birth/death module and both give no battle renown. I verified files and 15 files were reacquired after the first save so I was excited for a minute but it didn't help. This latest patch seems to have split the problem into two large groups. It must be something basic. Some sort of hardware correlation? OS? FWIW I have Win10, i5-3600, GTX1660super, SSD. Any Steam settings?

Last edited:
I've tried two new saves with 1.1.0.10414, one with and one without the birth/death module and both give no battle renown. I verified files and 15 files were reacquired after the first save so I was excited for a minute but it didn't help. This latest patch seems to have split the problem into two large groups. It must be something basic. Some sort of hardware correlation? OS? FWIW I have Win10, i5-3600, GTX1660super, SSD. Any Steam settings?
Could you upload and share a save game just prior to a battle that you are experiencing the issue in with me (PM)?

Since Friday's patch, I've been expericing a pretty consistent crash/lockup. When exiting a battle, the computer will just freeze. The only option is to power down. I've created a ticket with the save file.

It's rough because the changes in the beta branch are pretty great. It's hard going back to the release branch.

Are you working on the weekend?
I like to browse forums on the weekend. Also it helps me avoid other chores that my gf wants me to do :iamamoron:

Since Friday's patch, I've been expericing a pretty consistent crash/lockup. When exiting a battle, the computer will just freeze. The only option is to power down. I've created a ticket with the save file.
Did you get prompted to upload a dump? If so do you happen to have the ID? (If not, could you note it down the next time and share it?)

Back
Top Bottom