Game being extremely easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Glasera

Recruit
Game is already too easy from the beginning and after reaching a certain strength you become unbeatable, making the gameplay boring because of the repetitive winning cycle. I think this should be given attention because it literally kills the reason to play campaign since there is literally no challange, same issue with the warband.

Ideas i have for improvement:
1-
Other mercenary clans declaring war on the player's clan (i havent seen it happening for quite some time so i thought they removed the feature)
2-Relations with npcs takes more time and is harder to improve
3-Recruits are scarcer and the player only has one slot available for diffrent cultures, two for the same culture settlements
4-Add new troops with interesting equipments and roles to spice up the gameplay
5-Bring old chad troops back with their badass names like shock troop, veteran warrior, darkhan etc. and make them reachable through special recruit units
6-Hundred thousands worth of equipment in the market are expensive af, but unbelievably cheap for troops when upgrading (also while some troops' wage is seriously low, others' are can be incredibly high)
7-Many trash equipments are high valued, should get a serious decrease in their worth for the sake of realism, since you can literally get rich by selling worthless bandit equipments (i am not saying all of them are worthless but most are and they are weirdly expensive to sell)
8-Enormous NPC armies literally starve to the last man, maybe time to fix that?
9-Make special recruit units scarcer so they actually be special .d (they are too common)
10-I dont know how but make tournaments harder
11-Add new troops and bring the old ones back )))

All that comes to mind rn are these, please make comment on them and maybe add your own

Note:I am aware of how terrible my english is

Edit: Grammar mistake, adding to ideas

Last edited:
The game isn't easy.
To even land a hit from horseback, you need perfect timing and distance and it's often not even a oneshot.
Messing up the timing means getting oneshot yourself, because enemies use your momentum against you.
Couch lancing is a bit easier but still requires precisely aiming the lance with the camera.
Ground fighting requires quick reflexes because you need ot shift the camera into the direction of the enemies strike.
Sword and board is actually easy, but who wants to fight with sword and board.
Enemies come in very big nubers like 15 VS 1.

But tournaments should really be nerved. I already got a tier 4 helmet at the start of the game.

Are you playing on the hardest difficulty without savescumming?
Now this is just insulting m8, i am a warband vet ofc i never played anything rather than the bannerlord preset with ironman option enabled. In fact, i literally have my own game rule which is if lost to someone and become prisoner, i delete the save. Now i will give one simple example to back up my claim; in this game everything is predictable, especially when you are sieging or attacking a party, you know at least tens of parties will be after you, but you can avoid getting caught simply by not taking huge risks...

Game is already too easy from the beginning and after reaching a certain strength you become unbeatable, making the gameplay boring because of the repetitive winning cycle. I think this should be given attention because it literally kills the reason to play campaign since there is literally no challange, same issue with the warband.

1-
Other mercenary clans declaring war on the player's clan (i havent seen it happening for quite some time so i thought they removed the feature)
3-Recruits are scarcer and the player only has one slot available for diffrent cultures, two for the same culture settlements
5-Bring old chad troops back with their badass names like shock troop, veteran warrior, darkhan etc. and make them reachable through special recruit units
6-Hundred thousands worth of equipment in the market are expensive af, but unbelievably cheap for troops when upgrading (also while some troops' wage is seriously low, others' are can be incredibly high)
7-Many trash equipments are high valued, should get a serious decrease in their worth for the sake of realism, since you can literally get rich by selling worthless bandit equipments (i am not saying all of them are worthless but most are and they are weirdly expensive to sell)
9-Make special recruit units scarcer so they actually be special .d (they are too common)

All that comes to mind rn are these, please make comment on them and maybe add your own

You might be better off listing all the reasons why the game is easy before listing improvements.
Side note.. I agree with you.

1-

In most rpg or games that have rpg elements power creep is a thing and becoming op is pretty much a given.

I pretty much agree with most of your suggestions except 7. The income generated by selling trash items is the best cash generator for the player and npcs. If that is taken away then incomes will plummet. If there were another way to generate steady and reliable cash flow then I'd be all for it. Imho workshops don't give enough money to be worth it, caravans are too much risk without an big enough reward and crafting weapons to make money is far far worse than getting a ton of trash drops.

This pushes players towards optimizing party composition and limiting the risks they take in order to make headway in the game. And not in a fun way either.

This pushes players towards optimizing party composition and limiting the risks they take in order to make headway in the game. And not in a fun way either.
It would help push the player into thinking somewhat strategically which is sorely lacking in the game. The game needs some limitations otherwise everything is completely arbitrary.

1-
Except for the first idea, which is just straight up bad, the other ones will only make the game SLOWER, not harder in any way.
As long as you dont take risks, none of these changes will make things more difficult. It will only take a longer time to get the same results.

Except for the first idea, which is just straight up bad, the other ones will only make the game SLOWER, not harder in any way.
As long as you dont take risks, none of these changes will make things more difficult. It will only take a longer time to get the same results.
What would make the game more challenging?

When you learn how to do everything efficiently you're not going to have challenges completing the game (the map), but that's how games usually are.
There's a constant flow of people having a lot of difficulty, even giving up re-starting, because they don't already know how to do everything.
To actually add more challenge would require adding more abilities and functions for the player to control and that's unlikely to happen.
Challenge is having to do or control more things to complete an objective, not just loosing more material or taking more irl time (or campaign time): This is just increasing the grind, or reputative parts of the game even more.

For example, if the AI becomes much better at flanking and feinting and other maneuvers in battle and the player likewise is given abilities to better control groups and target groups, this creates challenge because the player now has to do more in battle to have the same outcome. But if you don't change any of that and say just give the AI higher tier troops or +hp, you just make the battle take somewhat longer and maybe the player loses some more units, but the challenge hasn't increased, only the repetition needed to complete the game.

Honestly, the game is easy because you are a warband vet (same as I). AI tactics in battle and the AI voting can definitely be better but the reason you find the game easy is probably because you played the M&B franchise a lot. I think AI actually being better at using unit formations and terrain would make the game more meaningfully difficult.

I think the game actually needs to be "easier" in some aspects to be more fun. I say easier but what I really mean is less tedious such as getting rid of the non-stop wars in the late game, kingdoms without land actually getting destroyed and overall more logical war/peace declarations. I've seen and heard several newcomers to this game that find it (especially the combat & blocking) very hard. I do agree that noble troops should be harder to get, even if only for the player (but better if it included the AI as well).

Last edited:
I do agree with this game is too easy. I have been complaining about this a lot, but nothing has changed.

I'm curious if you play iron man and if you don't use alt f4 if you lose (I know some people take this option and they cheat anyway) on the hardest level with the possibility of your and people's death not being so easy. Unless you join a faction and betray them, then it's easy. I beat the game on the hardest and when I lost the battle I kept playing. Who of you has played like this with your hand on your heart? I doubt everyone :wink:

One thing I'm more curious about, how many people have had their main character die? Only one of my characters died and it was due to old age in a playthrough I actually attempted world conquest. Even my companions died only a handful of times after the death rate was changed to 2ish% chance. I wish they would modify the death chance in battle (not auto-resolve) to 5%. I found 5% as the sweet spot between making death likely to occur a couple of times over a playthrough while not too often as it was with 10%.

Jedna rzecz, która mnie bardziej ciekawi, ile osób straciło swojego głównego bohatera? Tylko jedna z moich postaci zmarła i było to spowodowane starością w grze, w której faktycznie próbowałem podbić świat. Nawet moi towarzysze zginęli tylko kilka razy po zmianie śmiertelności na 2% szansy. Chciałbym, żeby zmodyfikowali szansę na śmierć w bitwie (nie automatycznie) do 5%. Znalazłem 5% jako idealny punkt między prawdopodobieństwem śmierci kilka razy w trakcie gry, a niezbyt często, jak to było w przypadku 10%.
Umierała wiele razy, raz straciłem wszystkich

When you learn how to do everything efficiently you're not going to have challenges completing the game (the map), but that's how games usually are.
There's a constant flow of people having a lot of difficulty, even giving up re-starting, because they don't already know how to do everything.
To actually add more challenge would require adding more abilities and functions for the player to control and that's unlikely to happen.
Challenge is having to do or control more things to complete an objective, not just loosing more material or taking more irl time (or campaign time): This is just increasing the grind, or reputative parts of the game even more.

For example, if the AI becomes much better at flanking and feinting and other maneuvers in battle and the player likewise is given abilities to better control groups and target groups, this creates challenge because the player now has to do more in battle to have the same outcome. But if you don't change any of that and say just give the AI higher tier troops or +hp, you just make the battle take somewhat longer and maybe the player loses some more units, but the challenge hasn't increased, only the repetition needed to complete the game.
I hate having to bring up Kenshi all the time as a reference, but yes, no matter what, the player will always figure out a way to make things easy/trivial/efficient - especially for a sandbox game with a lot of repetitiveness.
But even in Kenshi, for those familiar/adept at that game, can recognize it is also a very 'easy' game but at the same time, that game can be very punishing, even at the late-stage parts. Which is what is lacking in BL I feel.

I hate having to bring up Kenshi all the time as a reference, but yes, no matter what, the player will always figure out a way to make things easy/trivial/efficient - especially for a sandbox game with a lot of repetitiveness.
But even in Kenshi, for those familiar/adept at that game, can recognize it is also a very 'easy' game but at the same time, that game can be very punishing, even at the late-stage parts. Which is what is lacking in BL I feel.
I think the punishment that's lacking is the AI's willingness to kill the player combined with the player's low chance to die (especially with good armor and medicine).

Bannerlord to me is simultaneously both more and less punishing than Warband. In Warband, if you grinded high relations with 1 or more villages, said village would provide you with a ton of high tier troops, which made crawling back much easier. But in Bannerlord, while we can't recruit as many high tier troops, we can get a **** ton of troops and even noble troops quite easily simply due to the sheer number of villages (+ we can also recruit from towns now). I think noble troops should be much scarcer, but otherwise the more meaningful way to make the game harder is to make the AI more competent and player & companion death more likely.

I'm curious if you play iron man and if you don't use alt f4 if you lose (I know some people take this option and they cheat anyway) on the hardest level with the possibility of your and people's death not being so easy. Unless you join a faction and betray them, then it's easy. I beat the game on the hardest and when I lost the battle I kept playing. Who of you has played like this with your hand on your heart? I doubt everyone :wink:
Playing my fourth save today because of my mistakes in the previous ones. Believe it or not, maybe call me a masochist, nothing is fun when achieved easily )

I'd add... Unless your a mercenary or vassal of the culture then you also get additional slots but not as many as if the same as the players culture. And this should also apply to the AI.

Back
Top Bottom