Renown stuck?

Users who are viewing this thread

fragonard

Grandmaster Knight
Just started a new game with latest beta, campaign, no mods. I noticed my renown was at 12 and wasn't increasing. After I noticed I fought 3 looter parties which reported that I got 2.4 renown but my actual renown is still at 12. Anyone noticed this problem?

It seems bugged yes. But it will advance in time. It did for me.
What do you mean? It catches up or eventually it starts working? I'm at level 18 with 12 renown and should have around 50 by now. It's been reported that renown from tournaments works properly so maybe that's what you're seeing.

What do you mean? It catches up or eventually it starts working? I'm at level 18 with 12 renown and should have around 50 by now. It's been reported that renown from tournaments works properly so maybe that's what you're seeing.
I made a game yesterday. At level 10 i reach tier 2. Never did a tournament. But i did do mission. I played campaign if you are doing sandbox.
Have gone back to 1.03 now because it was worse bugs to my play.

I made a game yesterday. At level 10 i reach tier 2. Never did a tournament. But i did do mission. I played campaign if you are doing sandbox.
Have gone back to 1.03 now because it was worse bugs to my play.
When you reached the first tier, did the clan tab say you had 50 renown?

This is very concerning, I think I will investigate.
I started a new game and I'm getting the same results. What I'm not sure of yet is if the game is actually keeping track of renown but just not showing it in the clan tab. Also of concern is that a high percentage of heroes disappeared early, like 30% in the first year.

I started a new game and I'm getting the same results. What I'm not sure of yet is if the game is actually keeping track of renown but just not showing it in the clan tab. Also of concern is that a high percentage of heroes disappeared early, like 30% in the first year.
Yeah something is wrong, started a new game at 5 renown, defeated looters for +1.5 renown, still at 5 renown. Waited in town a day, still at 5. Saved and re-loaded, still at 5. It's just not giving it.

Yeah renown is borked right now. I did manage to advance to clan tier 2 after winning a tournament after some time, though the renown gain is very bugged and inconsistent. Maybe the devs wanted to emulate the Youtube algorithm with renown, if so, very well done!

Last edited:
No renown gain for fighting minor clans either. Got 50 renown from a battle against the embers. No renown actually granted and didn't give me clan tier 1.

Just started a new game with latest beta, campaign, no mods. I noticed my renown was at 12 and wasn't increasing. After I noticed I fought 3 looter parties which reported that I got 2.4 renown but my actual renown is still at 12. Anyone noticed this problem?
You're doing great. I've been playing for 2+ hours my renown is only 10.

Appears from this thread that I need to start doing tournaments or go back to the old version until it's fixed.

Oh yeah

If you're not getting renown for battles, try re-launching the game. Worked for me at least once.

Not sure how renown got messed up. Also it looks like you can attack Caravans without suffering any kind of relation penalty or starting a war LOL.

Oh yeah

If you're not getting renown for battles, try re-launching the game. Worked for me at least once.

Not sure how renown got messed up. Also it looks like you can attack Caravans without suffering any kind of relation penalty or starting a war LOL.
Don't think so. I've had three new games, each loaded several times, no change. I'm not sure if it's the same with old saves loaded into 1.1 because my old save just crashes when I try to open it in the beta.

Oh yeah

This worked for me. Going forward I started gaining renown.
Also, the AI is very active early on unlike I've seen before. I had three rebellions in the first 20 days. Half of battania was gone in the first 15 days. Lots of territory being swapped much earlier on than normal.

Don't think so. I've had three new games, each loaded several times, no change. I'm not sure if it's the same with old saves loaded into 1.1 because my old save just crashes when I try to open it in the beta.
Did you actually restart game itself? That's what I meant.

Simply exiting to the main menu and reloading a save never fixed it. Had to restart the application as it were. Though I wouldn't claim that as full-proof as it's not a permanent fix.

This worked for me. Going forward I started gaining renown.
Also, the AI is very active early on unlike I've seen before. I had three rebellions in the first 20 days. Half of battania was gone in the first 15 days. Lots of territory being swapped much earlier on than normal.
Poor Battania, basically same thing for me after 4-5 years here.

Aserai, Vlandia, and Khuzait are doing super as usual. Sturgia was doing well for awhile, but it didn't last.

Horse production seems better. Can actually find a good number of Mounts and War Horses at Towns with horse villages. In-general economy seems better, less crazy high prices, and some actual cheap goods at start (nice you don't have to go broke for food).

Sadly Raiding doesn't seem that much better. I got more Trade Goods sure, but I don't think it's really profitable. Most money seems to come from militia loot which really isn't that good. Really I think the Denar Ticks should be the equivalent of the Hearths. Than it can become thing of do you keep raiding simply for Denars or do you go back to sell off Goods?

Seems silly you get more Denars from Revenue Farming quest, than you do actually plundering the village.

Honestly the best thing about Raiding? Good way to train up troops since militia provide more XP, but aren't terribly dangerous.

Did you actually restart game itself? That's what I meant.

Simply exiting to the main menu and reloading a save never fixed it. Had to restart the application as it were. Though I wouldn't claim that as full-proof as it's not a permanent fix.

Poor Battania, basically same thing for me after 4-5 years here.

Aserai, Vlandia, and Khuzait are doing super as usual. Sturgia was doing well for awhile, but it didn't last.

Horse production seems better. Can actually find a good number of Mounts and War Horses at Towns with horse villages. In-general economy seems better, less crazy high prices, and some actual cheap goods at start (nice you don't have to go broke for food).

Sadly Raiding doesn't seem that much better. I got more Trade Goods sure, but I don't think it's really profitable. Most money seems to come from militia loot which really isn't that good. Really I think the Denar Ticks should be the equivalent of the Hearths. Than it can become thing of do you keep raiding simply for Denars or do you go back to sell off Goods?

Seems silly you get more Denars from Revenue Farming quest, than you do actually plundering the village.

Honestly the best thing about Raiding? Good way to train up troops since militia provide more XP, but aren't terribly dangerous.
Not only did I restart but I reverted back to main, then reloaded beta, twice. Now I have made three games, each reloaded several times from desktop and always the same problem. I suppose it could be a configuration issue but I don't seem to be the only player seeing this.

Back
Top Bottom