Steam Awards: Bannerlord NOT most Innovative Gameplay

Would've Bannerlord deserved most Innovative Gameplay of the Year?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 62 83.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

No, and the fact Bannerlord lost to a game where you play as a cat should speak volumes to the developers. Bannerlord is the least innovative game in the M&B series, it's more like a modern Total War game than a M&B game.

No, and the fact Bannerlord lost to a game where you play as a cat should speak volumes to the developers. Bannerlord is the least innovative game in the M&B series, it's more like a modern Total War game than a M&B game.
i do get where you are comming from but i have to say that mount&blade was having is comming-off to the industry with the recent release. in addition to that, there was no such thing like steam awards back in 2012 when warband came to steam. that being said, it might isnt the most innovative of the series, yet still more innovative than a cat imo. more innovative than teardown? definetly debateable but also kinda hard to measure. obviously its subjective anyway.

The fact that there is a M&B series should've been disqualifying in the first place. No other M&B title innovates in the actual gameplay much -- the best they do is add a bunch of cruft features that may or may not work but support the power fantasy appeal of it.

Bannerlord needs more cats, appearently.

Oh and to the people who foul mouth on Bannerlord any time they see an opportunity; gtfo and play games like Stray. 'YOU' deserve it; if you really think a cat 'walking' sim is more innovative than a game which literally has no alternatives unless they make the next one themselves.

Bannerlord needs more cats, appearently.

Oh and to the people who foul mouth on Bannerlord any time they see an opportunity; gtfo and play games like Stray. 'YOU' deserve it; if you really think a cat 'walking' sim is more innovative than a game which literally has no alternatives unless they make the next one themselves.
Uh, we can just play the original Mount and Blade or any number of its derivative titles: Warband, With Fire and Sword, Viking Conquest, Gloria Sinica, Blood and Gold Caribbean, etc. Or the best one of all.

I actually like Bannerlord but "innovative gameplay" isn't something it really ever aimed for at all.

Uh, we can just play the original Mount and Blade or any number of its derivative titles: Warband, With Fire and Sword, Viking Conquest, Gloria Sinica, Blood and Gold Caribbean, etc. Or the best one of all.

I actually like Bannerlord but "innovative gameplay" isn't something it really ever aimed for at all.
Those alternatives are all on old M&B engine. I literally can not see any real alternative to Bannerlord; unless you are fine playing on old Warband Engine, which i can not do it anymore; it did not aged that well. You can try Mordhau, Chivalry I&II, Total Wars, some Chinese MMOs; but nothing is giving full medieval sim feeling and features that Bannerlord does.

Those alternatives are all on old M&B engine. I literally can not see any real alternative to Bannerlord; unless you are fine playing on old Warband Engine, which i can not do it anymore; it did not aged that well. You can try Mordhau, Chivalry I&II, Total Wars, some Chinese MMOs; but nothing is giving full medieval sim feeling and features that Bannerlord does.
You'd like Total Warhammer

I love bannerlord but most feature to me feel unfinished or not added at all. Its a battle sim only and that's not good as Warband had much more gameplay feature. But in bannerlord i do like the clan system a lot but we lost way to much from warband. The idea to a newer version of a game in my eyes its to build on the last not strip 90% away.

Bannerlord was not that different than the original M&B and Warband.
It was a modern version of Warband optimized for new consoles and graphic cards.

But I must admit that how they develop a game is innovative. They first finished the famous novel Dev Blog and then adapted it into a video game.
There is still some potential for Bannerlord to follow the spirit of the original novel in more detail.

Anyone who honestly believes Bannerlord should have gotten the award have lost their minds. So, no. Perhaps the award for, "The longest disappointment running" could have gone to them. Stray had more innovation in one inch of a cardboard box you could hide in as the cat than all of Bannerlord combined.

Bannerlord failed on basically every level. Mount & Blade/Warband was good _by accident_, it was a perfect storm. A little indie game that exploded into something big. Full of weird janky ideas that when brought together felt unrestricted and open.

When you try to capture that magic again, you fail. Bannerlord is half the game Warband was.

This is especially true for the multiplayer, which is a trashfire on BL. There’s a reason Warband still has loads of active servers.

Last edited:
Bannerlord was not that different than the original M&B and Warband.
It was a modern version of Warband optimized for new consoles and graphic cards.

But I must admit that how they develop a game is innovative. They first finished the famous novel Dev Blog and then adapted it into a video game.
There is still some potential for Bannerlord to follow the spirit of the original novel in more detail.
Lol

Back
Top Bottom