Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

By the by, has anyone tried the retirement mechanic yet? What happens to your PC, if you decide to choose an heir? Is he/she becomes an companion-like NPC, who could be assigned to govern some city, or just vanishes from the game world for good?
When you retire your current character, they are effectively removed from the game world, probably enjoying the views around Calradia.

@Duh_TaleWorlds short question: how does the Fog of war apply to the location of a certain hero? Asking because i still get information about it and dont really know how to interpret it. can you give us/me more detail?
It shouldnt affect it iirc. Considered too essential for general gameplay.

Then why would somebody bother to put better units to guard the alley? Does 10 recruits do the same job as 10 legionaries?
The quality of your troops affect the response time.

Should be something likee 5 days + [TotalTier/8] day BUT max 10 days

For some reason, the console command: "campaign.multiply_campaign_speed" was removed?
The cheat could lead to stability issues (and save game corruptions) and related dumps weren't straight forward to distinguish from "native" games. We will probably reenable it but may make further adjustments in the future (like a semi-safe boundary, should be easy enough to mod it into the unstable realm - which we can recognize much more easily).

Wow! Finally a real patch! Amazing!

For real: Good job! :love:

Kind regards
No Man´s Sky

Just as a heads up, Athletics level 275 perk Mighty Blow is currently bugged; The amount of HP it's giving is Athletics Level - 1 rather than Athletics Level - 250 (though it's worth noting that I cheated to get this skill level if it's relevant).

Last edited:
When you retire your current character, they are effectively removed from the game world, probably enjoying the views around Calradia.
Ah, that's a pity. Wish they'd stay in the world, but as an NPC, so they could live the rest of their lives governing one of your fiefs as a proud parent. Maybe you'll take this as an idea for a future, could be a nice feature. :smile:

Ah, that's a pity. Wish they'd stay in the world, but as an NPC, so they could live the rest of their lives governing one of your fiefs as a proud parent. Maybe you'll take this as an idea for a future, could be a nice feature. :smile:
Yes, they should be an NPC that just sticks around or maybe retired characters should be seen in and around the cave. What would be incredibly ****ing cool is if they made it so that retired characters from other savefiles/playthroughs could be seen inside the cave and could actually be challenged to a sparring duel. Seeing and fighting your former characters would be dope as hell!

Yes, they should be an NPC that just sticks around or maybe retired characters should be seen in and around the cave. What would be incredibly ****ing cool is if they made it so that retired characters from other savefiles/playthroughs could be seen inside the cave and could actually be challenged to a sparring duel. Seeing and fighting your former characters would be dope as hell!
Or have a placeholder %spawn in town/castle (you/kingdom ally) to see walking around the place - or even a chance to spawn in a spot or two in the new arena crowd.
Assuming as they are right now, they just retire and are removed from the game like when you kick a companion from clan.

Or have a placeholder %spawn in town/castle (you/kingdom ally) to see walking around the place - or even a chance to spawn in a spot or two in the new arena crowd.
Assuming as they are right now, they just retire and are removed from the game like when you kick a companion from clan.
Yeah that's a cool idea as well.

While it's nice that Taleworlds has followed through with continued changes after full release lets not pretend that this patch has brought any groundbreaking changes to the game. Don't fool yourself's into thinking this game is anywhere close to a finished product in need of polishing. This game is still a very rough draft. Don't forget this fact otherwise Taleworlds will.

hey TW

-no feasts or events.
-no claimants/usurpers
-randomly generated companions < jeremus
-no promised gang/brigand playstyle
-villages don't count as fiefs, only useless castles and town do.
-no upgradable villages
-no manhunters
-no naval combat
-RtR system from Warband discarded, a clown could become a faction leader overnight.
-no books or trainers.
-no hitmens targeting you/random encounters like the belligerent drunk.
-no lords consipiring on each others, no duels. 0 political intrigue.
-no political quests and denouncement quests.
-no deserters
-no deeper courtships, just gamble rng, no poems.
-no real reason to visit towns/castle/villages at all.
-no camping.
-lots of other content removed/discarded.
-meme ingame economy.
-meme ingame diplomacy.
-lots of exploit-early game is a chore/boring.
-meme mid-late game

It seems that the banner bearer now counts as three units that left the battle field:
Ki7hKcx.png

UI
Changes
  • Implemented a Fog of War feature for heroes:
    • Players now need to meet heroes to unlock some of their critical information.
    • Skills, traits, family, and owned settlements information are hidden until you meet that hero.
    • This change affects tooltips, portraits and information shown in the encyclopaedia.
This makes marriage a gamble. One don´t know what lady one marry a family member to.
Place make it optional!

@MRay forgot to add
  • Ability to assign companions to be formation members (not captains) in OOB

I am sure you have noticed some of my posts becoming inceasingly sour and negative about the progression/stability/features of the game. However, one has to recognize positives when they are present and give credit where credit is due.

This is really a breath of fresh air as far as patches are concerned and I am very happy to see how much you guys have worked on fixing issues.
I also see you have added several "little" things that make a huge difference in game play.

We often complain about "Mod breaking" patches, but if this one breaks my Mods I don't mind at all given the amount of stuff it is adding to the game.

Thanks for the update and I will definitely try this beta with NO MODS! I feel energized again about the Vanilla version...

This makes marriage a gamble. One don´t know what lady one marry a family member to.
Place make it optional!
Either make it optional, OR make it so those who offer you a marriage, become known to you. Should be logical enough, since those who offer you to marry their son/daughter would've introduced them to you. @Duh_TaleWorlds

Back
Top Bottom