Voiced greetings have to go. Give us an option to disable them

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't stand the voiced greetings. Its the same voice for everyone and never fits what the character should sound like. Its not immersive or entertaining. Its not even bad enough to be amusing. Please give us an option to disable them and don't waste any more time or resources on this nonsense. Its really not needed

"Yours is not a face I know. Peace to you, stranger!"

When they introduced THIS as a main new feature with the "official release" and also said, that it is not completed (LOL), it was a downright disgraceful. I could barely stand the voice commands on the battlefield (TROOPS, FORWARD, ARCHERS - FORWARD!, HORSE - ATTACK!, HORSE ARCHERS - FORWARD!), and now also this.... One and the same voice for thousand generated NPCs!

I like the voiceovers, but agree that they can be repetitive sometimes - "peace to you stranger" is used way too often - and that people should have an option to disable them if they want to.
Its the same voice for everyone and never fits what the character should sound like.
To be fair, they did say that they are adding more voices for other cultures.

If there were more greeting lines that were just a simple "greetings", I think they would feel more natural.

I wish they would prioritise adding more voices and appropriate accents for each culture. The Aserai having Welsh accents is too absurd.

The last thing longform games need is NPC voiceacting, lol. I can't think of a single game with long sandbox campaigns that does this kind of thing well. I was also kind of shocked when they announced this. The handful of lines in the main quest were like jumpscares when I first played it, almost like "wtf is this person doing in my computer".

If there were more greeting lines that were just a simple "greetings", I think they would feel more natural.
What are they gonna add? One or two voices for each culture, more than likely.

To do it justice, they'd need to hire many dozens of actors and have each one record hundreds of lines. They're never going to do all that so its always going to sound unnatural.

That's great, but what did they add yet another unfinished feature for , which was by no means of a great necessity, is beyond my comprehension.
so its always going to sound unnatural.
What's worse, is that it seems like all those voiceovers lack any post-processing, so they sound as if I am not standing on a crowded street, but rather, in a vacuum space, judging by how some of the voices sound.

There is the text to speech mod. So do you guys think that voice overs are better or would text to speech be better? This mod even did different voices for different cultures to and would work with any dialogue from any mod.
That's way worse! Though I will say that text-to-speech is getting better and better and will probably be a decent option before long. I've seen some voice generation in Skyrim mods that's pretty impressive and can even replicate the existing voice acting. It doesn't sound like great acting but its almost passable

Having VA is fine, the decision to have it set for the 'unique' nobles is questionable. Completely missed the issue there being a high number of replenishing nobles (200+) so the same voice over and over only further highlights how basic/same/traitless they are already. Unless they implement some system to random/equalize the VA tones and pitches to add more variety, as I doubt they are adding more lines in or adding even 10+ different VAs.

If it was only for the 'faceless' bandits, town notables, villages, etc...no issues if they have repeatable voice lines.

Talewords you should hire me to do the voice acting in this game. I'll do every single line of dialogue there is if you want me to.

The female Mockney voice is by far the worst, so .......... dislocating.
With my Ladogual, I feel like Rex Harrison.

Like so much else with this product, the idea might have been realised really professionally, in this case with lots of culturally immersive voices, with lots of good lines ......... instead, it feels like a very cheap and facile effort.

If this is Armagan's Vision, then he is truly an incarnation of The Flying Lizards.

Last edited:
The last thing longform games need is NPC voiceacting, lol. I can't think of a single game with long sandbox campaigns that does this kind of thing well. I was also kind of shocked when they announced this. The handful of lines in the main quest were like jumpscares when I first played it, almost like "wtf is this person doing in my computer".
This, **** is never gonna be fleshed out enough to actually be immersive so it might as well not be there at all. Definitely not with Taleworlds at the helm anyways.

The voices were always an immersion breaking meme... no idea why anyone pushed for them. Everyone has the same voice and it hardly ever matches what your idea of their voice should be. Adds mostly negatives to the game and makes it weirder to mod new dialogues in.

Back
Top Bottom