Diplomacy for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

When a lord without spouse changes faction to another, his/her title will be wrong.
My solution is:
find
"(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_spouse, ":faction_leader"), #wife is now queen/khatun/sultana"
in "script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction",
and insert this code on its next line:
Code:
            ##Wuan fix     The wrong title will appear when lord has no spouse
                (assign, ":continue", 1),
                (try_begin),
                    (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_spouse, ":faction_leader"), #wife is now queen/khatun/sultana
                    (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_spouse, -1),
                    (assign, ":continue", 0),
                (try_end),
                (eq, ":continue", 1),
            ##Wuan fix
Compiled normally and the bug was fixed.

Last edited:
When a lord without spouse changes faction to another, his/her title will be wrong.
My solution is:
find
"(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_spouse, ":faction_leader"), #wife is now queen/khatun/sultana"
in "script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction",
and insert this code on its next line:
Code:
            ##Wuan fix     The wrong title will appear when lord has no spouse
                (assign, ":continue", 1),
                (try_begin),
                    (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_spouse, ":faction_leader"), #wife is now queen/khatun/sultana
                    (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_spouse, -1),
                    (assign, ":continue", 0),
                (try_end),
                (eq, ":continue", 1),
            ##Wuan fix
Compiled normally and the bug was fixed.
Do I insert it right after "sultana", after hitting 'enter', or...?

Hey, I've come across an issue: whenever I try to attack routed enemies, instead of saying their usual "we don't want to fight anymore" dialogue, they say "we are Routed Enemies, on our way to {playername}" and the reinforcements' sound file plays ("by the sword and by the spear!"), and if I choose to attack them, I get a decrease in relations with 'neutral'.

Also, can anyone tell me how to remove Custom Battles heroes from the tournament participants roster? I've tried commenting them out, but whenever I try to get into a tourney, the game immediately forfeits me.

Which version contains the most bugfixes? The test version from this thread has changes as recently as Dec. 2019 but this version (minimal branch) was specifically made to patch bugs and although it was most recently updated in Oct. 2019 it looks like it might address some things Somebody never got around to?

Diplomacy has been updated to the 1.171 module system (1.172/3/4 are engine patches), since I'm technically sort of responsible for maintaining it after uploading it to the Steam Workshop. A bunch of bug fixes and new features are listed there as well in the discussions

Current test version is here.

*Click here for the source code.
*Patch notes can be found in the source comments or the Steam workshop thread.
Can you please link to the most stable and newest, most perfect, completed version of diplo 4.3 for 1.174?

If you destroy a faction, the unassigned lords will then disperse to other factions over the course of the next few weeks in game time. However, when they do this, they will NEVER choose the player's faction, which can make it really difficult to recruit good-natured/upstanding lords who are committed to their lieges. I do not believe that this was the case in Native.

To be clear, lords can still defect to you from a faction that is still in play, and the king can still declare treason against a lord, which can result in them joining your side, that works fine. It is only in the event that a faction is destroyed that the player's faction appears to be omitted as an option.

Last edited:
I have a problem with the link you gave us.

After copying all the current contents of the folder into the new module and loading my backup of version 1.174, an error message appears which reads as follows: "get object failed for skeleton models: skel_human_reduced". I don't know what this really means, perhaps a missing texture or a corrupted file, but one thing's for sure: it's linked to the incessant loading I get when I try to play on my current savegame.

What's more, numerous missing textures bother me throughout my lets play and I've noticed a few behavioral problems; for example, the lords of the various factions hunt all their vassals and as a result, I'm almost alone in Calriada.

All these bugs and problems (except the kicking problem) seem to be due to an incompatibility between my game and this modpack. Yet, according to the original post, it's supposed to be compatible with the version of my game (1.174).
I really hope users will help me solve these problems, because at first glance, this seems to be an excellent modpack.

I have a problem with the link you gave us.

After copying all the current contents of the folder into the new module and loading my backup of version 1.174, an error message appears which reads as follows: "get object failed for skeleton models: skel_human_reduced". I don't know what this really means, perhaps a missing texture or a corrupted file, but one thing's for sure: it's linked to the incessant loading I get when I try to play on my current savegame.

What's more, numerous missing textures bother me throughout my lets play and I've noticed a few behavioral problems; for example, the lords of the various factions hunt all their vassals and as a result, I'm almost alone in Calriada.

All these bugs and problems (except the kicking problem) seem to be due to an incompatibility between my game and this modpack. Yet, according to the original post, it's supposed to be compatible with the version of my game (1.174).
I really hope users will help me solve these problems, because at first glance, this seems to be an excellent modpack.
I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but I'm guessing you're not doing something right. Diplomacy here comes in two types of packages: the standalone Diplomacy mod, which you can play, and the module system. You copy the standalone mod into your Modules folder, then select it in the launcher and play it. The module system you can connect to the standalone Diplomacy mod and can modify stuff, but it's not necessary if you simply want to play Diplomacy. Now, if you want to combine Diplomacy with another mod, or if you want to make a mod based on Diplomacy, then you do need the module system.

As to "get object failed for skeleton models: skel_human_reduced" it has nothing to do with textures, as it itself tells you that it's a model issue, or an animations issue (depending).

I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but I'm guessing you're not doing something right. Diplomacy here comes in two types of packages: the standalone Diplomacy mod, which you can play, and the module system. You copy the standalone mod into your Modules folder, then select it in the launcher and play it. The module system you can connect to the standalone Diplomacy mod and can modify stuff, but it's not necessary if you simply want to play Diplomacy. Now, if you want to combine Diplomacy with another mod, or if you want to make a mod based on Diplomacy, then you do need the module system.

As to "get object failed for skeleton models: skel_human_reduced" it has nothing to do with textures, as it itself tells you that it's a model issue, or an animations issue (depending).
Indeed my installation was not done correctly thank you for correcting it, is the mod supposed to retexture the map? Because after reinstalling Diplomacy correctly, I notice that the map is not as detailed as before (when I had my problems because of the steps I had followed).

Back
Top Bottom