In Progress Texture Editor Strange bug that breaks some banners when a new save is started

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Modded
So I currently have this strange bug, and I'm not sure if it is being caused by my module. My module does introduce new banners for every clan, but only like 4 of them are being affected by this strange bug. Here's how it's recreated:

1. Launch Bannerlord
2. Start a new save
3. Game loads fine, but these specific 4 clans have their banners broken in some way: colors missing, icons missing, or color just being wrong

Here is where it gets weird: if you quit to main menu and start a new game again, following the exact same options as the first time it doesn't happen. The banners are now working correctly. It's like the game refuses to load these specific banners correctly the first time.

I thought it may have been because it needs to load, so I launched the game and let it sit for half an hour before making a save but this didn't work.
I tried waiting in the character creator for 15 minutes but that didn't work.
I tried it without the mods bannerpaste and POC enabled, still didn't work.
I thought maybe it might have something to do with the colors of the culture being set up wrong, so I changed them but it didn't help. Same with the kingdom colors.
I changed the colors completely on the affected banners, and that also did not work.

This issue personally isn't a problem, but since I'm planning to release my mod at some point, players would start new games and presumably have these banners broken. Adding a note that you should do the save creation twice is a workaround, but kind of an annoying user experience. Anyone ran into this before? Any idea what could be causing this?

This is what it looks like on the first save game created upon game launch.

This is what it looks like whenever I create a new game at any point after, the banners' colors are returned.

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I did end up fixing it.. I changed the related kingdom's primary_banner_color, secondary_banner_color, color, color2, alternative_color and alternative_color2 all to the same color and the bug stopped happening. Still strange however

Back
Top Bottom