corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyway...

I had Covid earlier this year. Don't know which variant, but since I only had mild symptoms it must've been the first Omicron variant.

It was a bit weird, though. The symptoms hit me suddenly (maybe in the span of an hour or less), which is what made me suspect Covid. A slightly sore throat but my voice dropped deep, like Mariana Trench deep. I was visiting my parents at the time, as was my brother and sister, and as soon as I it happened I excused myself, drove home and tested myself. The test was negative then, but the next morning it was positive. And wouldn't you know, after a few days' incubation, it turns out I had infected my entire family. They all got it mild, too. Even my 90 year old dad shrugged it off.

My missus, however, got away scott free. Mind you, I was exiled to the guest room, and we kept our distance until I was well again, in spite of all my insistence that Covid is not a sexually transmitted disease.

Aside from possibly a slight fever the first day, however, the deep voice and slightly sore throat were the only symptoms. Well, that, and a sense of absolute boredom. I was home from work, naturally, and had all the time in the world to do anything I wanted... but I didn't want to do anything. In fact, the only thing I wanted, was to want something to do so I wouldn't be so goddamn bored. I wasn't remotely lethargic, it was just extreme apathy.

When I read 'like Mariana Trench deep', my initial thought was "Who's she?" :facepalm: :lol: It took me a few seconds to remember where I'd heard the name before.

I started with it on Wednesday night for the first time. The vaccines must be helping because the symptoms are similar to other things I've caught over the years- going hot and cold, soreness in the limbs, occasional sneezing- but very mild. On Wednesday night I noticed a very slight, fleeting soreness in my throat and felt a bit achy but thought nothing of it. It wasn't until I woke up in the middle of the night shivering for about 5 minutes that I realised something was amiss. I experienced mild hot and cold symptoms after that and the aches had increased a bit, but I was still in two minds about whether to go to work (having had very little sleep swung it for me) until I got up and felt the symptoms a bit more. After testing though I was surprised to see a positive result. Since then I've progressed to having to blow my nose every ten minutes or so, but I feel like I'm getting off very lightly at the moment. In fact the bunged up nose seems to be the major symptom at the moment, with perhaps some achiness remaining, but I haven't been going hot and cold today that I am aware of. I certainly haven't noticed cognitive problems or lack of energy, though I've been conciously avoiding exerting myself because I know that can undermine the immune system when you are already ill. I hope it continues that way.

I finally caught the 'rona, and it wasn't even my fault. All these people refusing to get vaccines and refusing to wear masks coughing everywhere and contaminating every damn surface in public settings. Y'all are the real plague, I swear it! This **** is not fun. My whole body hurts so much that wind causes me pain. I cannot imagine how bad this would be if I did not have my vaccine. ☠️

Anyway...

I had Covid earlier this year. Don't know which variant, but since I only had mild symptoms it must've been the first Omicron variant.

It was a bit weird, though. The symptoms hit me suddenly (maybe in the span of an hour or less), which is what made me suspect Covid. A slightly sore throat but my voice dropped deep, like Mariana Trench deep. I was visiting my parents at the time, as was my brother and sister, and as soon as I it happened I excused myself, drove home and tested myself. The test was negative then, but the next morning it was positive. And wouldn't you know, after a few days' incubation, it turns out I had infected my entire family. They all got it mild, too. Even my 90 year old dad shrugged it off.

My missus, however, got away scott free. Mind you, I was exiled to the guest room, and we kept our distance until I was well again, in spite of all my insistence that Covid is not a sexually transmitted disease.

Aside from possibly a slight fever the first day, however, the deep voice and slightly sore throat were the only symptoms. Well, that, and a sense of absolute boredom. I was home from work, naturally, and had all the time in the world to do anything I wanted... but I didn't want to do anything. In fact, the only thing I wanted, was to want something to do so I wouldn't be so goddamn bored. I wasn't remotely lethargic, it was just extreme apathy.

The symptoms hit me like that too, very instantly. I was super fine Thursday when I went to work. Came home, got to bed, woke up in such intense pain and with a throat that felt like I swallowed razor blades. I don't know which variant I have, but it suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Thank god your missus hasn't gotten in. Hopefully she won't ever get it.

Thank god your missus hasn't gotten in. Hopefully she won't ever get it.
Thanks. This was back in March. She's managed to avoid Covid so far, and I only had it that once. We're both triple jabbed.

Three of my co-workers who got it a few months after I did weren't as lucky as I was, though. They were absolutely bed-ridden and coughing up phlegm. My variant seemed to be happy in my throat, and my lungs were spared. Though I did actually start coughing after I had gotten well again, which is actually the case each time I have the flu as well: about three weeks of coughing afterwards (but not during).

Edit: Oh yeah, get well soon, Ser Jon.

Last edited:
Thanks. This was back in March. She's managed to avoid Covid so far, and I only had it that once. We're both triple jabbed.

Three of my co-workers who got it a few months after I did weren't as lucky as I was, though. They were absolutely bed-ridden and coughing up phlegm. My variant seemed to be happy in my throat, and my lungs were spared. Though I did actually start coughing after I had gotten well again, which is actually the case each time I have the flu as well: about three weeks of coughing afterwards (but not during).

Edit: Oh yeah, get well soon, Ser Jon.

She's very lucky to have avoided it with someone in close living quarters. I hope that lucky streak continues.

I have no idea what variant I have, but whichever one has intense body pain, coughing (with pleghm), runny nose, fever etc is the one I've got. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. lol

And thank you for the kind words, my friend! :smile:

I hope you start feeling better soon, Ser John.

Thank you so much, that means a lot! I hope so too, because if it goes on any longer, I'm at serious risk for another deadly sinus infection. ☠️

I finally got it myself. 39.4 fever (103 in funny units) and generally unfun, 1/10 would not play again. Looking forward to calling my doctor tomorrow morning.
Thoughts and prayers sent. It will be over in a few days, but try not to kiss very old men in the meantime.
On the positive side, you'll get fresh natural immunity for the winter.

What are the guidelines for covid-19 where you guys live?
Here in Denmark you are no longer asked to isolate yourself if you are infected.
And in emergency rooms patients are no longer routinely tested. Only if they have symptoms.
In that sense it's now no different than other infectious diseases, like influenza e.g.
Just use common sense and good hygiene.

Our medical facilities (and no one else) still require masks.
The isolation protocols seem to remain the same as before, but few people would follow them now. Possibly those who are protecting older people at home are more careful. Some old people at risk are wearing masks in crowded public spaces on their own.
I'm getting my 4th shot next week for the winter wave (and I'll get one for flu). Luckily we have omicron vaccines since September.
We will all die before Bannerlord gets good anyway.

Basically back to normal, except for masking in medical facilities (and that's also not really enforced, from what I've seen). I do notice an odd person masking in public, though, if nothing else I do hope that masks when feeling ill would stick around.

It was very unfun but I am back to normal.

We still have isolation policies if you have it here but they are very reduced, and aside from that it's pretty much treated as any other disease. Care for it seems to be based on paxlovid for people who are at risk and other medications as appropriate.

I have had corona 3 times and i am not a healthy person but i was ok it was like a cold. But someone i know who was healthier than me was more ill. Its a strange virus.

True. The virus has been more unpredictable than most others, where even fairly young and healthy people could get severely sick. We're not used to that, even with influenza or common pneumonias (pneumococcus). For example, we saw pregnant women getting very sick, which is odd, and the virus could affect many organs, not just lungs.
But it depends on many things and we know some important factors. Such as the variant: was it early on, the Delta (severe), or later on, the Omicron (mild), and whether you've been vaccinated or not.
Obesity is the highest risk factor for severe covid-19 illness. But also things like chronic lung diseases (like asthma e.g.) cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and more.
And of course access to hospital treatment (a problem in poor areas/countries) with physicians specialized in infectious diseases and intensive care.

Last edited:
I have had a persistent cough since the 11th of November, ever since I got COVID. It just won't go away. I've been tested for various things, no positive results. It's so annoying because it has made me sore from coughing so much. Has this happened to anyone else who had COVID?

My parents have that, they got it recently and now have lingering symptoms like aching joints and coughing.

I'm currently in Beijing and the government has issued statements about lifting restrictions. I think most people were expecting late 2022, but there was a wave across most of East Asia recently leading to lockdowns, including my apartment, which is why there were riots in Guangzhou and Shanghai.

Oh, yeah, I've still got the aching joints and muscles from it, too. It sucks. But the coughing is so bad I can't talk for more than a few seconds before getting into a fit. Sorry to hear about your parents though, hope it clears up for them soon.

I had only just heard about riots in Shanghai, but had no idea what they were about. I guess I probably should have assumed, though.

The body aches were not my favourite thing. I couldn't lie down because my skin hurt to touch. Couldn't sit up because my joints hurt. For days on end.

My mother in law had coughing for months. It eventually faded away after about 4 months.

Down here Covid is everywhere. It's going through everyone for the 2nd or 3rd time, and this time making sure it gets those that missed out on previous waves. That was me.

Back
Top Bottom