Can I have a cookie pls, trade exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

I remember doing this long ago. But, then I discovered that you could find the border between two towns (with different prices) and sell to a caravan on one side of the border and buy it all back on the other side. Rinse and repeat, with the benefit of making money in the process:smile:

Didnt aim for 300 though.

I´ll bet this will get fixed soon.
Not so sure about that. As I recall, originally, the prices at caravans and villages were the same as town, but without the diminishing price. So you could dump at caravans/villages without lowering the price.

To offset that, it was changed so that selling to caravans/villages came with a big trade penalty. If they wanted to (or could) they would probably have solved the issue by just making it so that prices also dropped when selling to caravans or villages.

Nahh, I think it is fundamentally a good thing that prices in villages and caravans do not sinc fully with towns. That way you have an incentive to interact with them. It can make trading a bit more involved than just going from one town to the next.

If people are hell bent on exploiting it..let them

I´ll bet this will get fixed soon.
You'd guess so, but this has already been in the game for almost a year (maybe has?) as you can see from this vid that also got 50k views. I think the one thing about this exploit is that it's a bit more complicated so most players just can't do it so it doesn't spread around as much as easier exploits.

Nahh, I think it is fundamentally a good thing that prices in villages and caravans do not sinc fully with towns. That way you have an incentive to interact with them. It can make trading a bit more involved than just going from one town to the next.

If people are hell bent on exploiting it..let them
I think the price should be even more different to get better deal in villages. Trade (honest) is too petty in it's skill gain compared to how much campaign time is wasted tacking goods from one location to another. I also think having caravans use the players trade as an option would be good and help trading actually fit into the rest of the game. As is, it's completely asinine to think the player would continue trading after making even slight progress in the game. Using caravans as your proxy would solve this.

You'd guess so, but this has already been in the game for almost a year (maybe has?) as you can see from this vid that also got 50k views. I think the one thing about this exploit is that it's a bit more complicated so most players just can't do it so it doesn't spread around as much as easier exploits.

I think the price should be even more different to get better deal in villages. Trade (honest) is too petty in it's skill gain compared to how much campaign time is wasted tacking goods from one location to another. I also think having caravans use the players trade as an option would be good and help trading actually fit into the rest of the game. As is, it's completely asinine to think the player would continue trading after making even slight progress in the game. Using caravans as your proxy would solve this.

Yeah, I fundamentally agree.

Truth be told these little exploits that we discover along the way, just make us stupid and inflexible; unable to see the better approach. I spend way to much time in some of my early campaigns thinking I was so damn clever for exploiting the border caravan trick..Until.. I realised that there were much better things that I could do with my time. And then I spend way too much time thinking that I had now found the be all/end all... until:smile:

Youll see it says not a cookie under my name, I posted my original video over 6 months ago showing this asking for a badge or maybe a cookie for getting 300 trade in 9 in game days and a dev gave me that title, so its been over 6 months and not fixed.

Back
Top Bottom