Need More Info Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Unplayable on PS4

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4

Yehuu

Recruit
Summary: Frequent crashes to blue screen stating corrupted application data files.
Texture pop in is extremely noticeable even in the start menu! PS4 Overheats when in the smithing menu!
Reinstalled 3 times currently and now the load times are 2-3 times longer (unacceptable).
The issues with this game are getting comical! lol
I am disappointed because the game performance is not polished. It is so disappointing I may ask for a refund!
How to Reproduce: Play on PS4 Pro Model CUH-7215B
Scene Name (if related): City of Makeb, Keep, Lord's Hall (Crash when presenting the Dragonbanner to Monchug) & Character Creation Screen
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Last edited:
Summary: Frequent crashes to blue screen stating corrupted application data files. Reinstalled 3 times currently and now the load times are 2-3 times longer (unacceptable). Texture pop in is extremely noticeable even from the start menu! The issues with this game are getting comical! lol
I am disappointed because the game performance is not polished. It is so disappointing I may ask for a refund!
How to Reproduce: Play on PS4 or PS4 Pro
Scene Name (if related): Currently the City of Makeb, Keep, Lord's Hall
I'm having the same issue but I found its only if I rely on an auto save, If I hard save the game and call it something it usually will not corrupt.

So currently I turned up the auto save to only happen after 50 mins and I just hard save every 30 mins and so far no issues but that's so far, I have already lost 3 game saves and my brother has lost some too, if it happens again I think I'll just wait for a patch as I know its only been released but its definitely an issue with the autosaves it would be nice if you could turn autosaves off it might even fix the corrupt save data game breaker.

Summary: Frequent crashes to blue screen stating corrupted application data files. Reinstalled 3 times currently and now the load times are 2-3 times longer (unacceptable). Texture pop in is extremely noticeable even from the start menu! The issues with this game are getting comical! lol
How to Reproduce: Play on PS4 or PS4 Pro
Scene Name (if related): Currently the City of Makeb, Keep, Lord's Hall
I'm having the same issue but I found its only if I rely on an auto save, If I hard save the game and call it something it usually will not corrupt.

So currently I turned up the auto save to only happen after 50 mins and I just hard save every 30 mins and so far no issues but that's so far, I have already lost 3 game saves and my brother has lost some too, if it happens again I think I'll just wait for a patch as I know its only been released but its definitely an issue with the autosaves it would be nice if you could turn autosaves off it might even fix the corrupt save data game breaker
Is this issue started after an auto-save? Was this the case when you first played the game on the platform?
Yes my first game corrupted due to an autosave I seen the game autosaved so I just turned it off, when I went to play again my autosave 3 data was black when I clicked on it, it said corrupted data my two other saves where OK though until I clicked on them and they all just became corrupted after just clicking on them, then I seen there was a patch and I restarted again and yeah it corrupted in the same way again but that was after a blue screen crash so I started again thinking the blue screen the culprit this time and I lost that data in the same way as the first one all corrupted, my brother had similar Issues and he was the one who told me not to trust the autosaves and to hard save as often as possible and yeah so far so good as we await a patch.

Is this issue started after an auto-save? Was this the case when you first played the game on the platform?
The issues did not start after an auto-save. It began when I first played the game, it would crash during character creation! I deleted the game and reinstalled and now it crashes at seemingly random moments, I can't remember all of them but when entering the Lord's Hall in Makeb it started crashing, I deleted and reinstalled a 3rd time and now it crashes everytime I present the Dragonbanner to Monchug, even after a 4th reinstall.

When I played the game for the first time it would crash everytime I would create a character!

Last edited:
How old is your PlayStation 4 console? We are hard at work on fixing the save corruption issue but I believe there is still some time to push it to the players for now.

Same issue, crashes about once an hour usually when I encounter another party. I don't have a lot of free time and It's really annoying that when I invest a bit of time in this game I lose it all. My hard saves work fine my autosaves innnevitably corrupt. Even at a 10 min save frequency it's still a horribly long load time, save time and I still have to replay so many chunks of the game its turning me off playing at all. It's a pity because it seems like a fun game but it's impossible to tell with all the crashing.

How old is your PlayStation 4 console? We are hard at work on fixing the save corruption issue but I believe there is still some time to push it to the players for now.
Playstation 4 Pro model CUH-7215B so it would be no more than 5 years old approximately...

The crash is common but the bluescreen on the console is a new report we have not seen anything like it from the player reports or any testing we had in-house. I would suggest getting in touch with PlayStation support regarding the blue screen.

When any game crashes on PS it goes to a bluescreen and auto files a report to sony with error code and the game that caused it you can make attaching a screenshot and video if you like. So crashing and saying you get a bluescreen is essentially the same.

When any game crashes on PS it goes to a bluescreen and auto files a report to sony with error code and the game that caused it you can make attaching a screenshot and video if you like. So crashing and saying you get a bluescreen is essentially the same.
I was thinking this myself, actually.

I've also experienced 1 crash. (To the PS blue screen)

VERY latent texture loading.

And about 5 corrupted saves adding up to over 18 hours lost.

Tried deleting corrupted saves from the PS settings (can't delete in game)

Never auto save.

only "Save As" no quick saves(they are not that quick anyway)

Ps4 pro. Runs ALL other games like a champ.

This is getting ridiculous. My 3rd issue reporting on forums.

Great game. But you guys are getting a Bethesdaesque (my new word) reputation with this one.

I've also experienced 1 crash. (To the PS blue screen)

VERY latent texture loading.

And about 5 corrupted saves adding up to over 18 hours lost.

Tried deleting corrupted saves from the PS settings (can't delete in game)

Never auto save.

only "Save As" no quick saves(they are not that quick anyway)

Ps4 pro. Runs ALL other games like a champ.

This is getting ridiculous. My 3rd issue reporting on forums.

Great game. But you guys are getting a Bethesdaesque (my new word) reputation with this one.
I'm on a gen 1 ps4 that I've had since they came out. I have the same issues with corrupted files and blue-screens. But, not to the extent of what y'all are having. Also, crashes mainly happen after a battle when taking prisoners and like once or twice in the middle of a siege battle. So, I'm good as long as I remember to save it before every battle. Other than that, though, it runs pretty great. I don't understand how or why the PS4 Pro seems to be having more trouble but maybe there's something going on there.

I'm on a gen 1 ps4 that I've had since they came out. I have the same issues with corrupted files and blue-screens. But, not to the extent of what y'all are having. Also, crashes mainly happen after a battle when taking prisoners and like once or twice in the middle of a siege battle. So, I'm good as long as I remember to save it before every battle. Other than that, though, it runs pretty great. I don't understand how or why the PS4 Pro seems to be having more trouble but maybe there's something going on there.
From what I've seen here on the forums, even the same generation of consoles will have vastly different "crash parameters." I'm on the generic PS4 like yourself and my crashes sound nearly identical to yours (which is why I also save before/after every major battle), but I've seen other PS4 users saying that their crashes are coming from trade menus, entering towns, etc.

Personally, I think the issue is that there are too many variables (releasing on 4 sets of consoles with their own subsets, despite having been so PC-centric originally.)

That's not to say that I'm not happy that they released on consoles, I'm thrilled that they did, it'll just take a while to iron out all the wrinkles (especially considering how far apart they can be spread.)

Back
Top Bottom