Closed workshop not giving income

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: The workshops seem to not do anything for me. They're not making money or losing money, its stuck at 0. I do have two mods enabled but I don't think they should effect it. One of them is the realistic battle mod the other one is petty kingdoms.
How to Reproduce: Not sure
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: rtx 2070
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: 8700K
RAM:3200 48GB
Motherboard:asus prime z370 a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):ssd

Summary: The workshops seem to not do anything for me. They're not making money or losing money, its stuck at 0. I do have two mods enabled but I don't think they should effect it. One of them is the realistic battle mod the other one is petty kingdoms.
How to Reproduce: Not sure
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: rtx 2070
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: 8700K
RAM:3200 48GB
Motherboard:asus prime z370 a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):ssd
The economy has vastly changed since 1.8 and if you place the wrong shop it wont make money since the market it over saturated. Check this out, I have a feeling it's just a wrong placing issue

Yeah I forgot about how they had changed the economdy, I thought it was just the caravans but I guess the workshops work similarly. I guess that could be possible, the shop starts with 10K capital and I guess if its not making profit the capital is going down, so income in showing 0, but in reality its losing money. Its kind of confusing though, there should be a better indicator of this. I'll keep an eye out to see if the capital is going down or not.

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
It's the new economy causing it, please don't do anything to mess it up more. I just got it figured out and a video explaining it. I can't stress this enough. If you want to change the system ask me. I know how to make workshops profitable but please don't do anything to mess it up more

its the new economy, my video shows what you need to do, just picking shop won't work anymore unless you get lucky
When you have to watch a 9 minute youtube video to figure out how to make nonzero profits with workshops (a core game mechanic) something is wrong with the game. Not your fault of course and your guide is appreciated.

When you have to watch a 9 minute youtube video to figure out how to make nonzero profits with workshops (a core game mechanic) something is wrong with the game. Not your fault of course and your guide is appreciated.
100% agree, I prefer the old system so much better

I have this same problem, and the answer should not be "it's the new economy". I have enough of that in real life. If a workshop does not make some profit in an area with cheap raw materials then it is a nonsense economy. If the workshop cannot make any profit, why is it in the town in the first place?

Yesterday I purchased a pottery shop and it was producing income, the NPC I purchased it from no longer indicated ownership of the shop. After saving the game last night and loading it today, I noticed the shop was not producing income, I went to the settlement and noticed that the NPC I originally purchased the shop from showed that he owned the pottery shop. It is as if the game gave ownership back to the original NPC and it is no longer paying the income to me, even though it shows in my clan info that I own the shop. I May need to sell shop and repurchase it from the NPC again but that will get expensive quick if it continues.

No Mods
Not at war
Independent clan

Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.
It's January 7 2024 and I am running a game I started on December 22, 2023 after upgrading with patch released the previous day to V1.2.8 and I am plagued with the same problem: A brewery in Omor and another brewery in Askar producing no income whatsoever. I also had another brewery (in Sargot which I sold off after it was not generating revenue thinking that it might have been the result of war activity in the area) and a wool weavery in Akkalat.

Could you share your save file with us? We would like to take a look.
To help you further and continue our investigation of the reported issue, we need your save file. With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. Location of save files: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves" To send us the requested file, please use the ticket system on our website. You can find more info about the ticket system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom