Medicine most OP skill in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

What does that have to do it with anything? You're reaching there. You comment as if you're the only one who can have valid complaints.

The problem is that there are ways but a lot of features of bannerlord conflicts with itself so it would require a thought out rework. Which is unlikely. I'm living with it the same way you are by finding my own work arounds. That still doesn't change the fact that it lacks challenge for experienced players. But thank you for finally agreeing I know it must of been difficult for you pride to admit.
Lol, agreeing to what.

That the game lacks challenge without handicapping yourself.
Have anyone claimed otherwise.

The only thing I have said is that Medicine 275 is not OP because you have already won the game by the time you get it. Hence, it hardly matter how strong it is. You handicap yourself early, by not getting a top tier healer, for a benefit that comes at a point where it hardly matters anymore.

I personally think a lot of the dissatisfaction with BL is due to WB being much easier.
I've never played played WB. If I had I might understand some players dissatisfaction with bannerlord better. But for me I don't need to play WB to see where bannerlord can fall short in certain areas.

Have anyone claimed otherwise.

The only thing I have said is that Medicine 275 is not OP because you have already won the game by the time you get it. Hence, it hardly matter how strong it is. You handicap yourself early, by not getting a top tier healer, for a benefit that comes at a point where it hardly matters anymore.
That's fair. With medicine and many other things it probably just comes down to playstyle. Max medicine doesn't suit playstyles that are focused on "beating" the game in 5 years or less. While I have beat the game in 5 years or less without max medicine I don't mind taking my time and finding new ways to try and enjoy the game.

And I probably should have been more specific in my first post. I think medicine 275 is the most OP final perk of all the perks not medicine skill in general.

And I probably should have been more specific in my first post. I think medicine 275 is the most OP final perk of all the perks not medicine skill in general.
I disagree with you on that:smile:

Medicine, as a skill, is too important not to get an actually decent healer.

I am serious. Its an instant restart if I cant get an asharai healer (and scout).
Medical is extremely valuable but not necessary for the party leader. Why restart? You don't need high attribute points for medicine to be effective. And if you smith that grows characters extremely fast to make weak medicine ability viable.

Medical is extremely valuable but not necessary for the party leader. Why restart?
As I say, I dont personally start a campaign if I cant get access to a good healer and scout companion.

My current campaign is actually the first (and last) campaign I have ever played with an INT build:wink:
You don't need high attribute points for medicine to be effective. And if you smith that grows characters extremely fast to make weak medicine ability viable.
I believe nothing about smithing is fast, I never touch it..so I could be wrong.

As I say, I dont personally start a campaign if I cant get access to a good healer and scout companion.

My current campaign is actually the first (and last) campaign I have ever played with an INT build:wink:

I believe nothing about smithing is fast, I never touch it..so I could be wrong.
Usually I take the scout role but scouting is so huge in this game.

Smithing is a time investment but I think it's that way cause it's so powerful. But I completely understand people not wanting to invest time in it. This game seems to reward to tedious play.

Usually I take the scout role but scouting is so huge in this game.

Smithing is a time investment but I think it's that way cause it's so powerful. But I completely understand people not wanting to invest time in it. This game seems to reward to tedious play.
It does reward repetition for sure. What I usually do is
1) Get the scout, healer and ideally a steward, if I can find one that is reasonably close to the two others.
2) Dow a faction and use forced recruitment until I reach clan tier 1.
3) Get the brother and make him steward. This gives you a troop limit that is large enough to upgrade to lordhunting.
4) Lordhunt until clan tier 5.
5) Join a faction, borrow its armies and conquer the faction that I want as my starting zone.
6) Rebel, become king..siege alot (quit, because.. siege alot)

It does reward repetition for sure. What I usually do is
1) Get the scout, healer and ideally a steward, if I can find one that is reasonably close to the two others.
2) Dow a faction and use forced recruitment until I reach clan tier 1.
3) Get the brother and make him steward. This gives you a troop limit that is large enough to upgrade to lordhunting.
4) Lordhunt until clan tier 5.
5) Join a faction, borrow its armies and conquer the faction that I want as my starting zone.
6) Rebel, become king..siege alot (quit, because.. siege alot)
I follow a similar path but I..
1) Stay solo for a bit and f*** up the embers on day 1/2
2) Get clan tier 1 on day 1 or 2 then get brother
3) Charm the pants of Sora since she usually comes with the best armor and she has amazing steward for quartermaster.
4) Merc and lord/army hunt till clan tier 5 (honestly I think clan tier 6 is the only clan tier that's a real grind for renown)
5) Take down rebel fief or just any fief I want really and start kingdom (my new trick is to solo siege a city as a merc to wear down the garrison then retreat and leave kingdom then finish the job).
6) Create kingdom, focus on taking down all of one factions fiefs at a time, then recruit the powerful clans and rinse and repeat till I get so bored I could sit in one of my fiefs as all my vassals take over calradia.. except I don't do that I just quit and start a new playthrough lol

I follow a similar path but I..
1) Stay solo for a bit and f*** up the embers on day 1/2
2) Get clan tier 1 on day 1 or 2 then get brother
3) Charm the pants of Sora since she usually comes with the best armor and she has amazing steward for quartermaster.
4) Merc and lord/army hunt till clan tier 5 (honestly I think clan tier 6 is the only clan tier that's a real grind for renown)
5) Take down rebel fief or just any fief I want really and start kingdom (my new trick is to solo siege a city as a merc to wear down the garrison then retreat and leave kingdom then finish the job).
6) Create kingdom, focus on taking down all of one factions fiefs at a time, then recruit the powerful clans and rinse and repeat till I get so bored I could sit in one of my fiefs as all my vassals take over calradia.. except I don't do that I just quit and start a new playthrough lol
I dont actually have a problem with "endgame suck". I am fine with restarting.

What does annoy me is that there are zero even remotely decent alternatives to "build army asap".

(I just want to go back to a Warband stile all companion party.)

I dont actually have a problem with "endgame suck". I am fine with restarting.

What does annoy me is that there are zero even remotely decent alternatives to "build army asap".

(I just want to go back to a Warband stile all companion party.)
I don't mind restarting either. I bet if you were to poll all the most experienced players they would all say early/mid game is the most fun part of the game. Which is why everyone always is fine restarting.

Agreed for as many options as there are in the game you're still pretty limited in many aspects. I might need to play Warband so I know what everyone is talking about.

Funny, every post saying this is OP or too easy NEVER states the difficulty level used. Which means most likely it is the default easy settings.

Funny, every post saying this is OP or too easy NEVER states the difficulty level used. Which means most likely it is the default easy settings.
No. You probably have limited experience with the game.

Most people who have played the game for a while are likely familiar with the various ingame tricks, cheeses or downright exploit that you can utilize to effectively nulify any challenge in the game. The difficulty level is largely irrelevant; you choose your own difficulty through whatever houserules or limitations you place on yourself.

There is just no reason to make a general assumption that someones opinion is based on their choice of gamesettings.

The difficulty level is always Bannerlord.
Most people who have played the game for a while are likely familiar with the various ingame tricks, cheeses or downright exploit that you can utilize to effectively nulify any challenge in the game. The difficulty level is largely irrelevant; you choose your own difficulty through whatever houserules or limitations you place on yourself.
The difficulty level is irrelevent because even by playing the game straight up without using exploits the game offers little challenge for experienced players.
Medicine isn't OP. It's a bit weak if anything.
Medicine's 275 perk is the most OP final perk in the game. Hands down. It can be reached by year 86 if maxed out early and you don't have to sacrifice or waste units to do it. All your units become tanks and in late game you rarely have any recruiting difficulties or needs. You can conquer all of Calradia with just a 300-350 man army moving death ball.

Back
Top Bottom