Noble horses?

Users who are viewing this thread

saittam

Sergeant
I am getting a huge collection of noble horses and what to do with them except use as a backup cash?
Soldiers don´t use them. Companions is limited and family takes forever to get in sandbox. Wife usually have one already also.
I can say that some i win in tournaments but most i get from battles.

Am i missing something?

I am getting a huge collection of noble horses and what to do with them except use as a backup cash?
Soldiers don´t use them. Companions is limited and family takes forever to get in sandbox. Wife usually have one already also.

Am i missing something?
They are just a relatively rare but obtainable progression item, basically. Originally, they weren't their own category, so sometimes you'd upgrade your mediocre cav to warhorses only to find that it had consumed an Asaligat instead of a Steppe Hunter. Other than that, I was initially thinking they'd require noble troops to have noble mounts but that didn't happen.

However I will never forgive TW for changing the horse and location names around so you can no longer say, "I was riding against Aserai, in the Aserai, on an Aserai, with an Aserai next to me."

Literally the worst change since March of 2020.

They are just a relatively rare but obtainable progression item, basically. Originally, they weren't their own category, so sometimes you'd upgrade your mediocre cav to warhorses only to find that it had consumed an Asaligat instead of a Steppe Hunter. Other than that, I was initially thinking they'd require noble troops to have noble mounts but that didn't happen.

However I will never forgive TW for changing the horse and location names around so you can no longer say, "I was riding against Aserai, in the Aserai, on an Aserai, with an Aserai next to me."

Literally the worst change since March of 2020.
They are rare in the begining. But after some time one have more noble horse in the inverntory and is always missing war mounts for upgrading troops.

They are rare in the begining. But after some time one have more noble horse in the inverntory and is always missing war mounts for upgrading troops.
If you check Odokh, Akkalat and Ortongard in the east, they usually have Steppe Hunters (formerly Steppe Warhorses) for like 700-900 denars each. Make sure to hit up the horse villages around it first; their village prices are pegged to the town price so if you buy horses from the villages first, the price won't increase.

And now that I look a second time, you're right. I have a ton of noble horses I didn't notice. Apparently these are the new, middle-tier ones? They seem to cost about 5000-6000 in Khuzait land, while the Asaligat and Wadar Hotblood go for three times that much.

And now that I look a second time, you're right. I have a ton of noble horses I didn't notice. Apparently these are the new, middle-tier ones? They seem to cost about 5000-6000 in Khuzait land, while the Asaligat and Wadar Hotblood go for three times that much.
Exactly. And why get so many? It should be an elite soldier that cost 10 000 to upgrade to.
But they are good as a quick income sometimes. But now i am on tier 4. How many will i have at tier 6. And for what use.

I think TW wants the new Horses to be accessible to players, so they see them all. You can also buy many of them in shops regularly. Yeah, you don' really need more then a few for the whole game, so they do pile up. Hey maybe they'll add a rank 7 troops that needs them to promote?! 🌈 🤡

I think TW wants the new Horses to be accessible to players, so they see them all. You can also buy many of them in shops regularly. Yeah, you don' really need more then a few for the whole game, so they do pile up. Hey maybe they'll add a rank 7 troops that needs them to promote?! 🌈 🤡
I've never seen the tier 6 (the originals) in a shop.

Also they changed the name of the Aserai one from Nashawi to Wadar Hotblood while making the Nashawi the basic-***** Desert Horse. I thought I was going nuts because I had this five-cylinder flash of instinct telling me to notice it and couldn't figure out why when I moused over its stats.

Slot them in your civilian gear; that 'horse pocket' backup cash if you need (same with banners).

Game is poorly tuned/paced, you can get the late/end-game things within a year or two (noble horses from the first tournament too). Really makes it all meaningless 'achievements' as a player/dynasty progression.

Slot them in your civilian gear; that 'horse pocket' backup cash if you need (same with banners).

Game is poorly tuned/paced, you can get the late/end-game things within a year or two (noble horses from the first tournament too). Really makes it all meaningless 'achievements' as a player/dynasty progression.
That i like. I´m not a fan of games that advance too much. Things that are available late should be there from the start.

Jeah, i think that you should get good items only later in game, not so early just from tournaments. You can just run from town to town and get yourself geared rly quickly.

Could be fun if they made a race, like we do tournaments all day, which is just more fighting. I would like to compete against the other lords riding across some battlefield map or have some of my horses compete in some way.

Am i missing something?
The Vanguard Faris, Cataphract, Elite Cataphract, Khuzait Lancer, Khuzait Heavy Lancer, Khuzait Kheshig, Khan's Guard, some Druzhinnik Champions, Vlandian Knight, Vlandian Champion, and Vlandian Banner Knight all use Noble Mounts.

So yeah you're going to get a fair amount of Noble Horses as loot.

I guess they are worth more money, but yeah have fun trying to upgrade your troops naturally without going "shopping". You're basically going to have to waste time traveling to find a Town with a good stock of war horses.

Though 14 or so units do use actual War Horses so you will still get some War Horses. Just probably not as many as you could actually use.

Noble Horses really should be exclusive to Lords/Tournaments, you know something valuable. You should be slightly concerned about losing a Noble Horse in battle if you ask me, but guess not. Like most TaleWorld changes 1 step forward, 1 step backward.

Could reclassify Askarat, Swenryn Pony, Palmatian, Karahan, Omor Trotter, and Destrier as War Horses. Though prices would need to be brought down. (Not like there was shortage of Noble horses before...)
iNyO79K.png

The Vanguard Faris, Cataphract, Elite Cataphract, Khuzait Lancer, Khuzait Heavy Lancer, Khuzait Kheshig, Khan's Guard, some Druzhinnik Champions, Vlandian Knight, Vlandian Champion, and Vlandian Banner Knight all use Noble Mounts.

So yeah you're going to get a fair amount of Noble Horses as loot.

I guess they are worth more money, but yeah have fun trying to upgrade your troops naturally without going "shopping". You're basically going to have to waste time traveling to find a Town with a good stock of war horses.

Though 14 or so units do use actual War Horses so you will still get some War Horses. Just probably not as many as you could actually use.

Noble Horses really should be exclusive to Lords/Tournaments, you know something valuable. You should be slightly concerned about losing a Noble Horse in battle if you ask me, but guess not. Like most TaleWorld changes 1 step forward, 1 step backward.

Could reclassify Askarat, Swenryn Pony, Palmatian, Karahan, Omor Trotter, and Destrier as War Horses. Though prices would need to be brought down. (Not like there was shortage of Noble horses before...)
iNyO79K.png
The point isent about war horses. That was more irony.
But what to do with 40+ noble horses? I havent notices any troops use them in upgrades.

While I agree that Noble horses are a bit too common (it’s unless they require Tier 6 troops to need them, which I don’t think anyone wanting a balanced experience would argue against too badly) Towns do absorb them for boosted Prosperity. If there are towns that you want to stimulate and they don’t have many Nobles are the market, that’s where you can sell a few

Deserter missions will award you 4 Warhorses after you defeat the party, in addition to any possible ones they drop. This is a solid way to get some.

Also, talk to villagers from horse ranches as they are going to town. While you’ll have to buy their full haul (minus the work horses as it was a problem with the code that’d you buy all their pack animals even if they didn’t intend to sell them), the entire trade penalty is dropped for the horses. While a horse is selling for 500 on the market, those villagers will part it for like 300. Pretty nifty

The point isent about war horses. That was more irony.
But what to do with 40+ noble horses? I havent notices any troops use them in upgrades.

It is very likely the noble tier was to be designateed as a type of a war mount, but they messed it up somehow.

I strongly believe the devs made a mistake somewhere, and forgot to add some sort of condition/tag to treat them as a higher-tier war mount (= compatible for purpose of cavalry upgrade).

Otherwise, their existence does not make any sense as already mentioned by many others. Circumstantially speaking, there are mountains of evidence to support the argument:

• Like many have mentioned, if not compatible for upgrades then it has no practical use other than the first few you obtain to equip for yourself and comps. But compared to such little practical use, there's just too many of them piling up after mid-game and larger battles.

• One of the most common complaints during the early access versions was that people had trouble finding enough war mounts to upgrade the cavalry. So, one solution to the problem would have been increasing the overall number of war mounts available in the game, but have them in certain tiers with different prices to pay. (= acting as a balancing tool so that forming a large band of elite cavalry too early too cheaply in the early game becomes difficult, but becomes much more easier and affordable(+available) after mid game. The current Noble Mount tier perfectly fits that criteria -- but for some reason, they cannot be used for upgrades.

• The names of some of these noble horses distinctly[/b[ denote their existence as war mounts. For example, the two types of "Destrier"s are actually a historical horse breed that were practically synonymous to 'war horse' in the Middle Ages. If it's a war horse a knight is riding, then the chances are, it is a 'Destrier.' A Destrier is THE most well-known war horse breed. And yet, not being able to use them as cav upgrade. Personally I find this naming the one evidence that's most compelling.

• Like others have mentioned, many of the high-tier regular units in the game ALREADY rides horses designated as "noble mount" tier -- again, adding weight to the argument that this was a dev mistake.

• Currently Cataphracts and Vlandian knights have their horse type switched around. My theory is that they made this mistake after implementing the "noble mount" tier with the intention of making them a T3 horse/T2 war mount. So after the noble horses were introduced, they went back to the game data and re-designated which mounts the cavalry were using with the new noble mounts. Someone brings up all the data and just types in data from a spread sheet, and during that process they made this mistake, along with the mistake of forgetting to make them available for cavalry upgrade. This is my hypothesis.

Last edited:
It is the opposite: noble mounts used to get eaten by cavalry upgrades and everyone hated it.

Back then noble mounts were only a handful in variety, and not this abundant and accessible -- which opted people to treat them as a special commodity sort of like how "Lordly/Masterwork" items are these days, with the assumption they'd only get a limited amount of those only through tournaments, or by horses breeding a pureblood.

Back
Top Bottom