Message log

Users who are viewing this thread

I've done tons of searches and I can't find any information on this, which is surprising because I'd think this is a common request...

Is there any log of messages and events that happen in the game? I know you can press Enter to see a longer list of the constant scrolling garbage in the bottom-left window, but is there any log of the messages from NPCs or world events that come up as icons along the right side of the screen? Things like making peace, or starting armies, or when some prominent lord/lady requests your presence in their kingdom. I've dismissed some of these and then wanted to go back and see the information, but I don't see any way to do so.

I would think something like a journal would be critical to keeping track of events like this. Thanks!

Not really. If you look at the diplomacy screen and click a thing you can see recent events of each war. If you look at character in the encyclopedia you can see a list of event involving them. I don't think either of these things are comprehensive or useful though. I would rather a more organized system for notification, I hate constant emblems popping up on the map screen and not being able to back out of them or re-call them sometimes if you clock them accidently.
or when some prominent lord/lady requests your presence in their kingdom
Can this even happen?

91EC79336C4484042DEC082DE985853944A5B461

2CBE7383A30A77BCD5F4F7A80F29F1225C97D453

+1 for this request. I was offered a marriage proposal on the right-hand side, clicked it and opened a window where I had to choose "decline" or "accept". I hit the ESCAPE key because there was no way to view info on the proposer or the proposer's clan. I assumed that the announcement on the right-hand side would remain until I clicked the X on it. Nope!

Developers: Please make it so that dialog boxes that pop up on the right-hand side do NOT go away when you click on them. Make it so that a player has to click the little "X" above them. That's all you need to do to mitigate this issue.

+1 for this request. I was offered a marriage proposal on the right-hand side, clicked it and opened a window where I had to choose "decline" or "accept". I hit the ESCAPE key because there was no way to view info on the proposer or the proposer's clan. I assumed that the announcement on the right-hand side would remain until I clicked the X on it. Nope!

Developers: Please make it so that dialog boxes that pop up on the right-hand side do NOT go away when you click on them. Make it so that a player has to click the little "X" above them. That's all you need to do to mitigate this issue.
I second this; I don't like walking into things that I can't make a more careful decision on/do some looking up/cross-referencing.

Back
Top Bottom