Resolved Is Konane board game deiberately made impossible to beat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
I have recently started SP again. Everything was going nice and smoothly until I got this Inn and Out mission from a Sturgian land owner. I need to win a Konane game but it seems like it is not meant to be beaten. II have checked the original Konane rules, also videos of older versions of Bannerlord, there must be a rule change about the player who makes the first hop after each player take one of their pieces out. In original Konane and in the older versions, it is the AI player (the host) who takes the first piece out and makes the first move after the player takes his piece out. However, in the current version, the AI takes his piece out, then you take your piece out and also have to make the first hop which I think makes the game for the player impossible to beat. If this is a mistake, I hope devs will take care of it in the next update. If it was made that way on purpose... I mean... Why do you hate us players?

I have recently started SP again. Everything was going nice and smoothly until I got this Inn and Out mission from a Sturgian land owner. I need to win a Konane game but it seems like it is not meant to be beaten. II have checked the original Konane rules, also videos of older versions of Bannerlord, there must be a rule change about the player who makes the first hop after each player take one of their pieces out. In original Konane and in the older versions, it is the AI player (the host) who takes the first piece out and makes the first move after the player takes his piece out. However, in the current version, the AI takes his piece out, then you take your piece out and also have to make the first hop which I think makes the game for the player impossible to beat. If this is a mistake, I hope devs will take care of it in the next update. If it was made that way on purpose... I mean... Why do you hate us players?

This quest can be solved by just paying the npc 1000 gold, and you'll get 800 back as a reward + relations with the quest giver.

I agree the problem with Konane in Bannerlord is that its put on "grand master setting".
I've played vs computers online and have no real issue of beating them, but in Bannerlord.. not so much.

I do win a few times, but its really rare, the AI "dont make human errors" and thus its too hard vs fun.

So yah why Taleworlds choose to do it like they did is beyond me(and or they are really good at the game, and dont get it how its hard for casual non-konane players..)

This quest can be solved by just paying the npc 1000 gold, and you'll get 800 back as a reward + relations with the quest giver.

I agree the problem with Konane in Bannerlord is that its put on "grand master setting".
I've played vs computers online and have no real issue of beating them, but in Bannerlord.. not so much.

I do win a few times, but its really rare, the AI "dont make human errors" and thus its too hard vs fun.

So yah why Taleworlds choose to do it like they did is beyond me(and or they are really good at the game, and dont get it how its hard for casual non-konane players..)
First of all, thank you for the response. Yeah, that's how I have solved the issue but still paying 1000 denars for a game which I should be able to beat somehow is a b***h. I still think I can beat the AI if regular konane rules were in order, meaning the first hop should be performed by the player who takes the first piece out.

I've invented an easy way to win in Konane almost every time and recorded on youtube:

also posted it on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord...to_win_konane_table_games_in_sturgia_taverns/

This is all well and good, but since the post was made, and with 0 feedback from TW.. they did change the way the game is played, you know to follow common rules of the game - and it is that much easier to win (imo).
Before it felt like playing vs Masterclass-lvl.

But good effort to make a video regardless =)

LOL! look so dirty man xd
well, I remember I got In and Out quest, tried to win him and failed, then googled how to win - all I could find is ppl complaining that Konane AI in Bannerlord is nearly impossible to beat, so, had to find out my own way to beat him, and then decided to share :grin:
now I can easily win him several times in a row if needed, and learnt that Konane AI in Bannerlord is not so much strong really, comparing to other AIs :grin:

Personally I only play Talbut (empire) because I know I can't lose unless I am pretty much trying to.

Personally I only play Talbut (empire) because I know I can't lose unless I am pretty much trying to.
Vlandian is unloosable too if you know a combination I found. You just move your chip over and over again until the AI gives up and sets his chips 3 in a row. Sooner or later he will do it. And ofc you don't set yours 3 in a row.

Back
Top Bottom