Beta Patch Notes v1.0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

* Voting being mostly pointless because lords vote all one way and you can't change the vote outcome?

That doesn't always happen on my end. In fact I can change the outcome most of the time.

* Nobody ever surrendering?

They do surrender if they are outnumbered. But it's like 10 vs 100.

* Spears being garbage?

That's a Warband feature... :wink:

* Kingdoms losing a war demanding tribute from the winner?

I believe that only happens when the winner is in too many wars simultaneously so they want to make peace before they lose it all.

I agree with the rest though.

That doesn't always happen on my end. In fact I can change the outcome most of the time.
I tested 30 different votes with 100 and 0 relation, here were the results.

They do surrender if they are outnumbered. But it's like 10 vs 100.
My bad, I meant to say "no lords/garrisons ever surrendering". Looters do surrender yes, but lords never ever do. And you don't have the option to request garrisons to surrender, nor do they offer to.

I just tested it in the game right now: I got 2000+ troops and challenged Bortu (a Cowardly, Calculating lord). Bortu's party was only 140 strong. Bortu still agreed to fight me.
I also besieged Makeb's garrison of 200 with 7000 troops. They didn't surrender even after smashing all walls and calling an assault.
All lords are suicidally brave, regardless of whether they are supposed to be or not.
That's a Warband feature... :wink:
True, but one would think that over 10 years of development time on this sequel, someone would have figured out how to simply increase the damage value of spears.
I agree with the rest though.
Thankyou.

I believe that only happens when the winner is in too many wars simultaneously so they want to make peace before they lose it all.
This core game mechanic has some kind of reverse logic, resulting in strange loops.
The losing kingdom will keep attacking until it gets what it wants.
The winning kingdom will seek peace because an other conflict started or because it can afford it, and will pay a tribute.
For me the main issue here is that there is literally no war exhaustion.
A defeated faction will keep an aggressive stance, even with an army of recruits.
Even worse, a kingdom without any fiefs will still receive gold from thin air and keep hiring mercenaries to harass other kingdoms and eventually take back some fiefs...
In one of my campaign, fiefless Northern Empire keeps declaring war on Sturgia for no real reason except "renegotiating" the tribute. And of course Sturgia automatically builded an army (though of course there is no army to fight against, neither any fief to besiege...)...

When are we going to start seeing fixes to the most serious issues with the game's features?

* Relations with lords barely doing anything?
* Voting being mostly pointless because lords vote all one way and you can't change the vote outcome?
* Nobody ever surrendering?
* Arrows doing way too much damage to armour?
* Spears being garbage?
* AI kingdoms with no fiefs getting mercenaries and armies for free so they can raid you forever?
* Tactics not being possible to reach max level?
* Half the personality traits not being able to be received by the player and having no noticeable effect on AI behaviour?
No!

Hm, the Sanala town scene is nice. So is that all the town scenes now? By my last count there was 1 missing but I can't tell which one it is.

I tested 30 different votes with 100 and 0 relation, here were the results.

Good effort and suggestions, it's a shame that both good and bad feedback gets ignored... I wonder if they changed something though? I'll try to take a closer look at the next votes in my current playthrough.

My bad, I meant to say "no lords/garrisons ever surrendering". Looters do surrender yes, but lords never ever do. And you don't have the option to request garrisons to surrender, nor do they offer to.

I just tested it in the game right now: I got 2000+ troops and challenged Bortu (a Cowardly, Calculating lord). Bortu's party was only 140 strong. Bortu still agreed to fight me.
I also besieged Makeb's garrison of 200 with 7000 troops. They didn't surrender even after smashing all walls and calling an assault.
All lords are suicidally brave, regardless of whether they are supposed to be or not.

Yes, that's stupid. Most people already should surrender when they are fighting 50 vs 200. They could actually use those traits for it...

True, but one would think that over 10 years of development time on this sequel, someone would have figured out how to simply increase the damage value of spears.
Can't argue against that.

Thankyou.
You are most welcome.

Any word on these two major bugs?

Remember everyone we will get to it Soon™ but for right now............... Working As Intended™
Rather sad to watch Taleworlds turn someone who was an enthusiastic supporter (to the point of creating a YouTube channel dedicated to their game) into more and more of a disappointed cynic here on the forums.

During this whole development process I'd argue there's one thing they have done exceedingly well:

Turn former enthusiasts into dissatisfied, disgruntled, critics.

I would boil it down to some group in the company is clearly incompetent. I don't know if it's unskilled QA, out of their depth Developers, incompetent Middle Management, or a crisis of leadership from the very top C level down, handcuffing those at lower levels. Whatever it is, I'd argue the only real "fix" is a complete tear down, new talent search, and rethink of how projects are handled. I say this not out of vitriol or malice, but with an eye to improvement as a former enthusiast. I know it certainly doesn't sound pleasant, but: "The truth is a bitter pill, that few men dare to swallow." as one of my mentors used to say.

Lastly, before anyone lambasts me for being mean, rude, or unfair. Please try to remember that this is a company that has made millions off their product. A product that is largley unsatisfactory I'd say. I'm not trying to attack individuals as people, I am trying to offer what I feel is constructive criticism to professionals, as a customer.

Lastly, before anyone lambasts me for being mean, rude, or unfair. Please try to remember that this is a company that has made millions off their product. A product that is largley unsatisfactory I'd say. I'm not trying to attack individuals as people, I am trying to offer what I feel is constructive criticism to professionals, as a customer.
We've been trying to provide constructive criticism for years now since EA release (and some before) for a video game aspect; unfortunately, highly doubt they take any feedback an the IRL sense.

Rather sad to watch Taleworlds turn someone who was an enthusiastic supporter (to the point of creating a YouTube channel dedicated to their game) into more and more of a disappointed cynic here on the forums.

During this whole development process I'd argue there's one thing they have done exceedingly well:

Turn former enthusiasts into dissatisfied, disgruntled, critics.

I would boil it down to some group in the company is clearly incompetent. I don't know if it's unskilled QA, out of their depth Developers, incompetent Middle Management, or a crisis of leadership from the very top C level down, handcuffing those at lower levels. Whatever it is, I'd argue the only real "fix" is a complete tear down, new talent search, and rethink of how projects are handled. I say this not out of vitriol or malice, but with an eye to improvement as a former enthusiast. I know it certainly doesn't sound pleasant, but: "The truth is a bitter pill, that few men dare to swallow." as one of my mentors used to say.

The QA is just catastrophic.
How many times MrRay said that whatever UI bugs were fixed but didn't pass the testing phase and didn't make it for xxx patch release.
And look at all those issues that are still "in progress" though clearly ruining the gaming experience of so many players.
Ensuring the quality of their product should be a top priority.

...So we have again two roots versions, one for the MAIN and another for the BETA patches...?
...game saves made at the release with Main patch are not compatible with this Beta as is worked during the early access, right...?

...did you plan, before or later, to release a savegame compatible versions that let player to continue a game session insted to start a new game every 1-2 weeks...?
what? savegames have ALWAYS (with exception of 1 update, discounting the need to go through 1.7 in EA to load in newer) been compatable between game versions as well as beta/main.

ive heard were getting a huge overhaul to diplomacy and the banner editor in the next patch thats why this patch is so small
banner editor overhaul would be welcome (I really expected it to be like in Manor lords) but that hasnt been mentioned in their plans and for diplomacy they have for a long time said they dont really wanna change it (fine imo, but obviously many complaints). Where did you hear about this?

Back
Top Bottom