How much work it takes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ehud

Recruit
To add feature to send messengers to other lords or mercenaries.

To allow player to use horse on towns?

To add some kind of diplomacy?

To change starting location based on character culture?

I mean, there have been mods to add these basic features almost since game was released, so it is not some super hard thing to do, even if they can be improved later on and also the quality of code has to be higher, but still, ****ing messengers would'nt take more than two weeks to be implemented if a modder can do it in few hours.

Why Taleworlds don't address this easy to add features when everybody is asking for it and it is so obvious they are needed.
Vanilla game is unplayable for me due to the stupidity of travelling half map to ask something to a mercenary.

I really don't understand.

It's an enigma. Perhaps for educational reasons, to teach the lazy player a thing? :iamamoron: (smiley advice: delete -some, add -ful)

However, I don't care at all for your points 2 and 4 while I hate the most in BL 1. the battle slider system, 2. the inability to decide what defensive artillery is build in my fief, 3. the inability to decide what formation is attacked in battle. So people have different taste, the game priorities are the taste of the devs.

Last edited:
It's an enigma. Perhaps for educational reasons, to teach the lazy player a thing? :iamamoron: (smiley advice: delete -some, add -ful)

However, I don't care at all for your points 2 and 4 while I hate the most in BL 1. the battle slider system, 2. the inability to decide what defensive artillery is build in my fief, 3. the inability to decide what formation is attacked in battle. So people have different taste, the game priorities are the taste of the devs.
It is not that much about that specific things, but there are some features that all agree that are needed and are easy to implement, but TW inexplicably refuses to do it, or maybe they are leaving it for the last updates, but it doesn't seem logic to wait that much for some of the problems the game has. Seems TW is acting out of spite, not giving any explanations, and it is frustrating for players, they should leave their pride aside and act in a logic way.

I know this has been said milion times but I just needed to rant.

It is not that much about that specific things, but there are some features that all agree that are needed and are easy to implement, but TW inexplicably refuses to do it, or maybe they are leaving it for the last updates, but it doesn't seem logic to wait that much for some of the problems the game has. Seems TW is acting out of spite, not giving any explanations, and it is frustrating for players, they should leave their pride aside and act in a logic way.
More like they probably got burnt out of finishing this game properly (COVID/et al), requests/constructive criticisms were received near the start, but sometime around that ~1.6/1.5 beta or so, things just...stopped improving. They added their checklist of features in and quashing crashes/bugs, but that was it, and we got what we have at release.

Why Taleworlds don't address this easy to add features when everybody is asking for it and it is so obvious they are needed.
Vanilla game is unplayable for me due to the stupidity of travelling half map to ask something to a mercenary.
One word. Priorities.

You might think these things are very important, but TW disagrees. So they have other, more pressing things they have to work on before they can implement these features.

One word. Priorities.

You might think these things are very important, but TW disagrees. So they have other, more pressing things they have to work on before they can implement these features.
How they expect people will react when you release a 2nd part of a game with less features than the first one, when all your fan base has been telling you this from the beginning, when modders add said features in 1 week of work.

I understand this is their game, and they do what they want with it and they probably know better what and why they are doing it, but I am pissed because I want to play this game, and I want it to make sense and it is not possible at the moment.

I believe BL will end up being the masterpiece that can be, but TW priorities are strange and hard to understand and as a customer I want to express my frustration.

Seems TW is acting out of spite, not giving any explanations, and it is frustrating for players, they should leave their pride aside and act in a logic way.
They did say straight-up they didn't want a messenger system in the game:
A universal messenger system is not desired for the base game. Better accessability to mercenary arrangements may still be introduced, but they rank lower on the backlog.
I think it's a mix between the limited control approach, immersion (aka "phone calls") and scope of a desirable solution - leading to other priorities taking precedence. IIRC I talked to you about some lighter alternative ideas about this before, right?

Of all the areas to put their foot down on because of immersion-breaking though (ie 'phone calls')...we can still recall our party members from halfway around the world, the near omniscience of the encyclopedia, the rapid back and forth AI army decisions because you decided to sit in the town (then leave, then go back in, then leave), know to defend a castle across the map the instant it's besieged, hiring mercenaries across the map, voting policies/war requires no physical meeting, etc....

They did say straight-up they didn't want a messenger system in the game:
As if traveling the whole world chasing lords with all your army was much better for immersion.

Wasn't Viking Conquest where you could send messengers talking with tavern guy? What are tavern keepers useful for btw? so they just say no messengers and that's it.

As if traveling the whole world chasing lords with all your army was much better for immersion.
Or travelling across the world for that specific companion, only for them to teleport elsewhere when you look them up on the BL 'wikipedia', or that they don't technically exist yet even though it says they do ('wikipedia' also not always right here too I guess).

Wasn't Viking Conquest where you could send messengers talking with tavern guy? What are tavern keepers useful for btw? so they just say no messengers and that's it.
"Immersion" is also the reason we didn't get party/army controls.

Instead, we get a bunch of shallow-as-**** but "immersive" features.

The Diplomacy mod has a functioning messenger system. You pay 100 gold to use it. I consider it immersive because I just pretend that one of my soldiers is the messenger.

Something similar to Diplomacy mod should have been added long ago, I can't imagine a reason not to do it. The lack of diplomacy and more interaction options is what kills the immersion.

I believe BL will end up being the masterpiece that can be, but TW priorities are strange and hard to understand and as a customer I want to express my frustration.
I really wouldn't keep my hopes up. If they wanted to implement certain things, they already would have. Then again there are bigger problems they should handle first, like losing all exp/loot bug that they have ignored for two years now. It seems more and more likely that they will never actually finish this game.

Dev 1: In Warband, players could send their companions as emissary for peace. Let's expand this system like players using their companions for communication with lords.
Armağan: No, we want players to explore the map.
Dev 1: What is there to explore?
Armağan: I have said enough.

Dev 2: In Warband, there was feasts and now we are adding kingdom decisions into the game. Let's use this system for kingdom decisions.
Armağan: No, in Calradia there is telepathy magic which was forgotten in Warband era. In Bannerlord, lords will be making kingdom decisions using this forgotten magic.
Dev 1: Then players could use this magic for lords quests, right?
Armağan: What I did tell you just now? We want players to explore the game.
Dev 1: Okay, sorry.

It pains me to say it, but as otters correctly pointed it out: it is...

Somehow they seem to have a sort of "purist" vision of the game, with as little of such features, at least for now. Maybe one day, when sales drop and the game is in v1.5 (again) they might change their tune.

Until then, it's pretty much cheerio and mods galore.

Back
Top Bottom