SP - General Smithing should not require stamina

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch Light

Recruit
If a dev or someone could explain why it's in the game that would be nice but I don't see the point. Right now if you want to level up smithing at all you just craft some stuff. Then when you have no stamina you wait at the town, go back to smithing and craft some more stuff until you have no stamina, then rest again. It's just really repetive and it's honestly annoying. Can it just please be removed?

If a dev or someone could explain why it's in the game that would be nice but I don't see the point. Right now if you want to level up smithing at all you just craft some stuff. Then when you have no stamina you wait at the town, go back to smithing and craft some more stuff until you have no stamina, then rest again. It's just really repetive and it's honestly annoying. Can it just please be removed?
Stamina is fine for smithing, what is not fine is how limited it is to recover it.

You should not be forced to wait in a settlement to recover stamina.

It should recover just like medicine does - passively on the go or by staying in town.

Why they thought it was a good idea to restrict stamina recovery is beyond me.

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe make recovery of stamina passively a smithing perk effect?

Last edited:
Mod - smith forever and the like remove the waste of stamina.
Tweak mod adds regen outside the city.
Rare mods to reduce the excessive increase in the price of things from the level remove the problem of over-enrichment.

Excluding regen, it's in my mods :smile:

Stamina is fine for smithing, what is not fine is how limited it is to recover it.

It should recover just like medicine does - passively on the go or by staying in town.

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe make recovery of stamina passively a smithing perk effect?
Imo fixes a problem that does not exist.

Smithing things should simply take time => Voila, stamina can be cut and is automatically embedded in the game mechanic.

As is it is a bolted on mechanic for no reason than the fact you could sit in your smithy in a town one game day and become a master.

Without Stamina, on day 1 you could become a billionaire.

Something has to limit Smithing so you can't Smith non-stop.
Right

Also right

Imo there is no place for stamina at all.

What it is is time spent crafting stuff. So make time pass as you smith things. The stamina just chops it up into a weird two step process of investing stamina, then waiting to recover it. Just cut it and make x amount of weapons take n amount of crafting. Though obviously if that is engine specifically blocked then your passive recovery would be better as well. Just the fundamental idea of having stamina is a weirdly convoluted approach to start with and in my view tries to do something in an inelegant way. Bannerlord does not have something like stamina (a character stat you can exhaust) anywhere else.

Then remove the bloody grinding parts. Have it unlock tiers by skill and just a higher failure rate of producing sub optimal gear when you smith high tier things with low skill.

Imo there is no place for stamina at all.

What it is is time spent crafting stuff. So make time pass as you smith things. The stamina just chops it up into a weird two step process of investing stamina, then waiting to recover it. Just cut it and make x amount of weapons take n amount of crafting. Though obviously if that is engine specifically blocked then your passive recovery would be better as well. Just the fundamental idea of having stamina is a weirdly convoluted approach to start with and in my view tries to do something in an inelegant way. Bannerlord does not have something like stamina (a character stat you can exhaust) anywhere else.

Then remove the bloody grinding parts. Have it unlock tiers by skill and just a higher failure rate of producing sub optimal gear when you smith high tier things with low skill.
I don't dislike having time pass automatically as you smith, that certainly works.

But it might make smithing not viable for story mode playthroughs because of the time limit on the main quests.

Smithing would really only work in a sandbox mode with no time limits.

I don't dislike having time pass automatically as you smith, that certainly works.

But it might make smithing not viable for story mode playthroughs because of the time limit on the main quests.

Smithing would really only work in a sandbox mode with no time limits.
I mean, if it is viable at the moment then you can balance it the same way.

That said the fact that smithing is viable to something time specific is a problem of how OP it is. Overall it is a bonus feature at it exists weirdly outside the gameplay loop to begin with.

Inversely there is no reason for the timelimit of the main quest either. And at this stage I would rather TW scrap the campaign aka make generic quests more and better and concentrate on sandbox. That is where this game shines. This is not a Skyrim and even there Bethesda has problems with making good quests with a lot more resources.

how about smithing not being a skill, it just solve all the problems
giphy.gif

Smithing should let you hire blacksmiths give them money select a list of what you building then leave. I hate the black smith part of the game its so boring but the only way to get cool looking weapons. I have only used this feature a few times and i have had the game from first day EA. Instead of stamina just make it cost gold. Then when your already rich you can blast you way through this part of the game.

how about smithing not being a skill, it just solve all the problems
I mean that thought should be made by TW.

Because the main flaw of the system is that it imo has no thought what it is there for. I would argue the only benefit of this feature is the coolness factor of being able to customize your own weapon. But the implementation is so grindy and tedious that in actuality you are able to afford tier 6 equipment that you cannot smith before you have unlocked the parts to design a good enough tier 6 weapon.

Other than for the money exploit there is no reason to use this feature and for the fun aspect imo locking all those parts is the death sentence.

I tried in my current campaign and even now in the end game with dozens of settlements and full tier 6 gear the smithing tree still is useless plainly because I cannot design a weapon worth my time due to locked parts and unlocking them is horrible busywork by chance.

I mean that thought should be made by TW.

Because the main flaw of the system is that it imo has no thought what it is there for. I would argue the only benefit of this feature is the coolness factor of being able to customize your own weapon. But the implementation is so grindy and tedious that in actuality you are able to afford tier 6 equipment that you cannot smith before you have unlocked the parts to design a good enough tier 6 weapon.

Other than for the money exploit there is no reason to use this feature and for the fun aspect imo locking all those parts is the death sentence.

I tried in my current campaign and even now in the end game with dozens of settlements and full tier 6 gear the smithing tree still is useless plainly because I cannot design a weapon worth my time due to locked parts and unlocking them is horrible busywork by chance.
But without smithing, there are only 2 Sledgehammers to chose from, both of which being subpar weapons.

Back
Top Bottom