Please support the Console version!

Users who are viewing this thread

G'day Taleworlds and Community!

I wanted to just express how grateful I am for Bannerlord to have been released for console, it's awesome! I really enjoy the game and I think it surpasses games like Chivalry 2 by miles.

The multiplayer is enjoyable (albeit sometimes a little empty) and I really enjoy the single player campaign except for the few bugs I have encountered so far.

I would like to however post a plea to Taleworlds and that is: Please do not stop supporting the Console version! I think you will get a huge amount of customers if you continue to support it and add more stuff such as mod support and whatever expansions you have in stock! There is a great multiplayer community starting to grow and I think Taleworlds can capitalise on this and the growing console playerbase (not to mention the amount of players and fans you will get if it gets onto the Xbox Gamepass).

The reason behind this post is the discrimination console players usually receive compared to their PC counterparts. I do not endorse the views of people who say Taleworlds does not care about our console versions, so I would like to ask that you prove the naysayers wrong 🙂👍

Definitely the best way to play this game on consoles is on an Xbox Series X. I believe anything you guys add to the PC version, the Series X can handle it as well.

Keep up the great work @TaleWorlds Dev team, I really appreciate you guys making such a great game and look forward to the future of the console version and the game as a whole!

P.S. I've read the negative on the forums and want to try and make this a positive-focussed post, and to express that the community who like the game on the console would really appreciate continuing support and updates to the game.

Last edited:
The reason behind this post is the discrimination cobsole players usually receive compared to their PC counterparts. I do not endorse the views of people who say Taleworlds does not care about our console versions, so I would like to ask that you prove the naysayers wrong 🙂👍

Id say with taleworld is was the other way round they purposefully left the game dry with no meaningful content so they could release it on last gen console they also let multiplier die out on pc so there is no chance that console multiplayer will stay around

Id say with taleworld is was the other way round they purposefully left the game dry with no meaningful content so they could release it on last gen console they also let multiplier die out on pc so there is no chance that console multiplayer will stay around
That's crappy maybe though post full release we can ask for things to change? Make your voices heard!

I'm tired of lots of complaining if there are thousands of players who aren't happy let's get them all to post and show how much they want things to change.

Companies thrive on continued support for a game I'm sure Taleworlds feels that a supportive community is what they want. I encourage anyone who disagrees with this to let them know why and how you feel.

I personally feel left out way too often as I prefer to play on my Xbox. It's relaxed and fun and I don't have to deal with an OS. I am being as positive as I can as the game just came out on console and I'm hoping that Taleworlds bucks the trend

Unless something goes horribly wrong, you don't have to be afraid for console support for at least 4-5yrs I'd wager.
Compared to games like Chivalry 2 on the Xbox I think the game is fantastic on release, and definitely has alot of potential for more via expansions and mods (if we get mod support: but many companies have already started doing that aka Bethesda and Arma via Reformer).

Hopefully it won't take that long 🙂 Warband in it's console lifetime only got a few patches, I'm hopeful for more and I made this post to illustrate that. The whole M&B console community wants more. I'm sure they can deliver if they want to spend a proportion of what they make on release on supporting the gaming community and continuing expansions and content!

I'm positive because when you're a console player you learn to be continuously disappointed. I'm positive because there's no other option 🤪

I was just saying, they should at least be supporting the game for up to five years and you shouldn't have to worry about it. Eventually, well hopefully, any issues you encounter will be ironed out. I can't say for how long it will be until one thing or another is fixed, unfortunately.

That's crappy maybe though post full release we can ask for things to change? Make your voices heard!

I'm tired of lots of complaining if there are thousands of players who aren't happy let's get them all to post and show how much they want things to change.

Companies thrive on continued support for a game I'm sure Taleworlds feels that a supportive community is what they want. I encourage anyone who disagrees with this to let them know why and how you feel.

I personally feel left out way too often as I prefer to play on my Xbox. It's relaxed and fun and I don't have to deal with an OS. I am being as positive as I can as the game just came out on console and I'm hoping that Taleworlds bucks the trend
some of us carry the same sig icon I have here, we are all out of hope since 2016
I was just saying, they should at least be supporting the game for up to five years and you shouldn't have to worry about it. Eventually, well hopefully, any issues you encounter will be ironed out. I can't say for how long it will be until one thing or another is fixed, unfortunately.
I guess I'm going back to pendor in OG WB... Or make another fun run with 1257ad

TW you made consoles pregnant with want of features, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!
This will steadily increase in frequency overtime - told you so... In a year or so when these forums are flooded by suggestions and feedback, I wanna see dem bois crumble out of their holes to attack me for saying the game's bad - if it wasn't nobody would come here asking for depth, that's because the game's ultimately boring, hence bad - sugar coating has an expiration date

It's sad to see that Taleworlds have not responded to the concerns players have. I believe that @TaleWorlds should make their position clear, provide development roadmaps and listen to community feedback if they want a game that continues to have a vibrant and humming community. These forums are full of broken promises but maybe with full release that will change.
They don't even support the PC version what makes you think they give a **** about you either

The reason I say this is explained below:

Profits and Redistribution
If we take a sales figure to date of about 10 million copies (was 3.1 million as at July 2022 according to my research), then we will use that round figure as an estimate of how many copies have sold this far.

If each copy of the game is sold for $40 USD that is a total of $400,000,000 dollars made from the game sales.

Then subtract costs. Let's say the costs of development is similar to GTA V at $200,000,000. That leaves Taleworlds $200,000,000 in profit margins. I would say that probably has blown out of proportion because how long it was in development so that's probably an interesting figure.

Then we subtract the cut Steam and other companies take. Let's leave it at Steams 30%.
---
That would mean a tasty $60,000,000 is taken for selling the game and Taleworlds is left with $140,000,000.
---

Why does this matter to the games overall continuing support? Well, at those estimated figures, the game needs to perform well in sales and money made for Taleworlds to make profit from the game. Thus, it would make sense for the company and honour its shareholders to support the community. By players and consumers showing that they want more, bug fixes, more content and to deal with issues that have not been dealt with until now, now that it is launched need to be dealt with for the making of the game to be profitable.

For example: the multiplayer has an in-game store for cosmetics that you unlock by playing multiplayer. I can see that they may end up doing what Chivalry 2 did in selling in-game currency for real life money, thus allowing the purchase of cosmetics. In addition to expansions etc they could make alot of money for more content with smaller development time (ie the Paradox Interactive strategy). While GTA V was expensive to make, it made $6 Billion in worldwide revenue.

From that $140,000,000 if they invest $40 mil in hiring more programmers etc they can make the changes and content people would like to increase profits. $40 mil could buy you 20 positions for 2 year contracts at $100k per year, ultimately paying for experienced content creators to firstly fix issues and then create more content - but it would require investment. That investment would make more profit, and therefore make the game profitable.

Atm a glance makes it look like they've lost millions of dollars in making the game if they didn't break even.

Remember: Gaming is an industry as much as it is entertainment.

So yeh post and let your voice be heard. This post is about the fact I want the console version to be supported. Voicing your opinion makes them know what the community wants so they can make in the long run more 💸💸💸. The worse reputation the game gets, the less copies people will buy. Lets endeavour to help Taleworlds out though and let them know what the community wants so the game can get better for everyone with more and more content and fixes ☺️ And it makes business sense for Taleworlds to get on board and hear us out. That's why it's important to be constructive in giving them feedback.

TLDR:
They're probably making $140 mil profit after selling 10 mil copies for around $400 mil. Your voice matters so they can fix stuff and make the game better, and that's why I want console support 👍

P.S
Research:
aurochdigital.com/blog/2021/8/19/how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-game
protocol.com/bulletins/valve-defends-30-percent-commission
steamspy.com/dev/TaleWorlds+Entertainmentt

This isn't an in-depth analysis just making a point why voicing concerns matter.

Last edited:
Yesss agree with you Vlad this game rocks on consoles. I've been addicted to the multiplayer, really hoping taleworlds continues to support bannerlord on consoles and adds mods eventually. That would just be such a cherry on top and show the appreciation for fans who have been supporting taleworlds expansion on to consoles since warband. Only complaints are the multiplayer servers on Xbox being so crappy and since the last patch I can't even log into the multiplayer...so that sucks. Overall the game is still amazing and I keep noticing small details that show the love and attention they put into it. I agree with you about the budding multiplayer community, everyone is so happy to be playing this on consoles and the vibes online are dope. Mods need to be supported on consoles Taleworlds I hope you're listening!

Inappropriate behavior
G'day Taleworlds and Community!

I wanted to just express how grateful I am for Bannerlord to have been released for console, it's awesome! I really enjoy the game and I think it surpasses games like Chivalry 2 by miles.

The multiplayer is enjoyable (albeit sometimes a little empty) and I really enjoy the single player campaign except for the few bugs I have encountered so far.

I would like to however post a plea to Taleworlds and that is: Please do not stop supporting the Console version! I think you will get a huge amount of customers if you continue to support it and add more stuff such as mod support and whatever expansions you have in stock! There is a great multiplayer community starting to grow and I think Taleworlds can capitalise on this and the growing console playerbase (not to mention the amount of players and fans you will get if it gets onto the Xbox Gamepass).

The reason behind this post is the discrimination console players usually receive compared to their PC counterparts. I do not endorse the views of people who say Taleworlds does not care about our console versions, so I would like to ask that you prove the naysayers wrong 🙂👍

Definitely the best way to play this game on consoles is on an Xbox Series X. I believe anything you guys add to the PC version, the Series X can handle it as well.

Keep up the great work @TaleWorlds Dev team, I really appreciate you guys making such a great game and look forward to the future of the console version and the game as a whole!

P.S. I've read the negative on the forums and want to try and make this a positive-focussed post, and to express that the community who like the game on the console would really appreciate continuing support and updates to the game.
Console Scum. You get nothing. Your kind already hurt the game enough. Go back to you false god sofa jockey. The entire console generation is an abomination before the almighty PC master race. You come in here with all your fancy maths, wagging your fat joystick in everyone's face pleading for support. If you wanted support you should have bought a PC. A proper gaming device. You made your choice, you chose your side, you chose poorly friend. Now live with the shame of your inferior gaming experience for the rest of your days and look upon the PC master race with envy in your soul as we feast on the endless buffet of glorious updates.

Back
Top Bottom